PDA

View Full Version : bobble strut ?

Lee'sdaytona
03-18-2006, 01:09 PM
How do you know when it goes bad? I've noticed when I shift gears from a high RPM range, as I'm engaging the clutch, I'll hear almost a poping sound and I can feel it in the clutch....Usually I granny shift when I'm driving but sometimes when I drive it hard, it will make that sound. Now, my sway bar bushings are for all practical purposes, GONE...literally half of the bushing is missing, which I'm going to repair in the spring. So any thoughts?
thanks,
Lee
btw, I would hope its not the throw out bearing because I just had the tranny rebuilt with a new TOB a few years ago

Lee'sdaytona
03-19-2006, 10:28 PM
anyone?

turbovanmanČ
03-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Is it leaking? Hows the front motor mount? sounds like thats gone.

Lee'sdaytona
03-23-2006, 07:44 PM
...don't know if its leaking....I'll have to check my records to see if the front mount was ever replaced. I know I didn't replace it. thanks simon!
-Lee

GLHSKEN
03-23-2006, 07:54 PM
The sway bar bushings can contribute as well. Metal on metal will do that.

GLHNSLHT2
03-25-2006, 11:40 AM
the factory bobble strut is BAD from day one :) Get one of Johnny's or build your own.

GLHSKEN
03-25-2006, 11:56 AM
LOL I like the dogbones... EASY to mount on a boblestrut car, just remove the bobble drill through the bracket and install the dogbone...

CletusJones
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
What does the bobblestrut do? What's the difference between it and a dogbone?

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2006, 02:33 PM
What does the bobblestrut do? What's the difference between it and a dogbone?

When you drop the clutch, it acts like a solid mount, its supposed to stop the engine from moving. They work great on DD's as they dont' transmit vibration. A dog bone is a solid mount that looks like a dog bone, it transmit's a little or alot depending on design and stops the engine from moving.