PDA

View Full Version : convertible qtr windows

kwiksilver
08-15-2008, 06:11 AM
both rear quarter windows on my lebaron quit working

whats involved in reparing this? I assume the motor/regulator has to be replaced.

2.216VTurbo
08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, what kind of diagnosis have you done? Is there power going to the switches? Did they both quit at the same time or was it one then finally the other? Rarely does the motor need to be replaced, usually it's the switch foloowed by part of the lifting mechanism. On the TC Masi quarters, they tend to 'jump off the track' and just need a little diassambly, adjustmant, and lube and are good as new. Start with the basics...

rare_ram
08-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Like Alan says start with the basics. I'd get some lube on the tracks as my first fix.

kwiksilver
08-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I just got the car last weekend.... still check things out.
both front windows work.

kwiksilver
08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
ok.. I got power in and out of the switches.... I hear nothing from either motor in the rear.

how do get to the motor/regulator assembly? I assume the back seat and stuff has to come out.

banger68
08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
ok.. I got power in and out of the switches.... I hear nothing from either motor in the rear.

how do get to the motor/regulator assembly? I assume the back seat and stuff has to come out.

Yes, you have to pull the back seat and side panels. These are well known for crapping out. They are on ebay for $200 a pop, or some come up for sale in the group once and awhile.

... I assume Lebaron.

135sohc
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
there are several companies out there that rebuild these to better than new. about $100/side iirc you have to send in your old one for a core

banger68
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
there are several companies out there that rebuild these to better than new. about $100/side iirc you have to send in your old one for a core
Who does that?

135sohc
08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
went back and looked again

not $100 but more like $160 :o :eek:

www.regulatorusa.com
www.windowmotorworld.com they sell on ebay

http://www.regulatorusa.com/product_detail.php?group=rebuilds&brand=42&product=54

thats just for the regulator and not the entire thing

kwiksilver
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM

well... it appears my previous tests were incorrect (or I was drunk :confused:)

I swapped in a different known, working window switch and the passenger rear qtr window works !!! I guess the other switch that was thought to be working, wasn't.
still nothing from the drivers qtr window. further electrical test show high resistance on the circuit to the motor. so I am guessing the motor is fubar.