PDA

View Full Version : momo shift knob for glhs

rich tideswell
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
is this the one used on the glhs?
http://www.momo.com/usa/products.php?id_cat=2&id_subcat=4&id_product=97&l=en

cordes
08-10-2008, 10:38 PM
It looks similar, but I don't think that is an exact match.

GLHS592
08-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I'd have to see a better picture. I bet the trim piece that screws onto the bottom isn't knurled like the factory knob. It probably has "Momo" engraved into it. You can use the one off your factory shift knob. I bought one from Cindy that looked almost identical except for that trim piece. It was a little shorter than my original knob, but others have claimed their factory knob was the same length as the one Cindy was selling.

87glhs
08-11-2008, 01:15 AM
That knob is available in two sizes (heights), and the trim ring is silver now, versus the original black as used in the GLHS's.

A few years ago you could send your old knob in for a fee and they would have it refurbished at the factory (believe in Italy?)--but the service is no longer available.

Also looks like the leather grain on the new one is a bit different.

2.216VTurbo
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Thought I'd add it won't have the shift pattern on the new knob... Still it will look purty, get it and take some pics of it installed:thumb:

EDIT, wait, did the S's have the pattern on the knob or on a little sticker, can't remember now. I guess I could look at mine:o

Second EDIT, pattern is on the RT knob, smooth on S right?

GLHS592
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
The shift pattern is on the box behind the boot. The knob has Momo on it if I recall correctly.

rich tideswell
08-11-2008, 07:28 PM
The shift pattern is on the box behind the boot. The knob has Momo on it if I recall correctly.

I've only seen the knob in picture, and it was beat up (the knob, not the photo) and if memory serves correctly, "momo" is on the knob like you stated. I can't find any pictures on the site other than the side veiw....

4 l-bodies
08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Kevin,
Your memory is as good as an old elephant, in other words...you are correct sir!;)
Todd