PDA

View Full Version : WOW! SAAC and SAI reached a settlement

2.216VTurbo
08-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Not sure how to feel about SAAC and Shelby's crew settling their battle. On one hand, it's great when 'We all get along' on the other, SAAC has never welcomed the Shelby Dodges yet Team Shelby does each and every time.

I posted a reply to the thread that Shelby Automobiles Inc President Amy Boylin started that asks if Team Shelby welcomes all Shelby's and SAAC welcomes all FORD powered Shelby's, where does that leave the Shelby Dodges at a SAAC event. Probably not gonna make me real popular with AmyB, James Lindsey didn't exactly get kudos from her when he posed the question in his own way.

I wonder what the SAAC members who also own SD's can find out from SAAC management:eyebrows:I know there are two SAAC members in the SoCal SDAC club but they don't post here-yet;)

ShelbyMotorsports, your take on this?

oldgregg
08-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Not sure how to feel about SAAC and Shelby's crew settling their battle. On one hand, it's great when 'We all get along' on the other, SAAC has never welcomed the Shelby Dodges yet Team Shelby does each and every time. Got a link to the source of info you got this from?

rare_ram
08-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, there has always been SAAC and SDAC and now Team Shelby, a place for all Shelbys.

GLHSKEN
08-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Why would we stir the pot forcing an answer? Team Shelby does welcome us...SAAC can do what they want...

2.216VTurbo
08-10-2008, 12:18 PM
The settlement (less any financial details) is posted at SAAC's site and Team Shelby.

Team Shelby has welcomed us since they were formed:hail: If you've been to any Team Shelby events this year in a Shelby Dodge, you can clearly see that it is true.

SAAC on their site now "welcomes Team Shelby Members" so as a card carrying and dues paid TS member, where does that leave me for SAAC events. There is a SAAC regional meet in September in SoCal that I'd like to attend...

JamesL
08-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Why would we stir the pot forcing an answer? Team Shelby does welcome us...SAAC can do what they want...

Since Amy started the thread to discuss the "update" I don't think we should call asking a legit question "stirring the pot". I thought the issue started in part with Carroll's unhappiness with the way SAAC was operating, specifically with regard to his continued legacy. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that would include that clubs continued denial of the rest of the Shelby family. I had hoped that an updated license policy would state that carrying the Shelby name means acceptance of any Shelby car. Wow what a concept. Like Alan, I would like to attend an SAAC regional event with my SD or at least have the option.

rare_ram
08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Sounds to me that if SAAC says that all Team Shelby members are welcome and we are able to join TS, then we should be welcomed at SAAC events. But I would also think that if TS wants SAAC to welcome us, then SDAC should welcome Fords.

Aries_Turbo
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
just show up alan. see what happens. :) you know you like to cause trouble. :)

Brian

2.216VTurbo
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Sounds to me that if SAAC says that all Team Shelby members are welcome and we are able to join TS, then we should be welcomed at SAAC events. But I would also think that if TS wants SAAC to welcome us, then SDAC should welcome Fords.

You do realize that SDAC 18 was an open event and ALL shelbys were invited to join right? Yes, it was publicized that way over at Team Shelby as well:clap:

Personally, I have been promoting Team Shelby to any Shelby Dodge enthusiast who will listen. I have also used my CaSDAC club position to drag over more than a few SoCal members to TS:eyebrows:

Now, If SAAC will let me display with them at the regional event in Santa Monica Spetember 6th, SAAC can have my membership dollars and I will complete the Shelby clubs trifecta SDAC, Team Shelby, and SAAC:)

rare_ram
08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
The SAAC site only talks of 65-70 cars.

johnl
08-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Wasn't the lawsuit about SAAC's failure to account to Mr. Shelby, or his companies?

If they agreed to provide accounting information, then a settlement followed. SAACs attitude toward non-Ford cars was probably the last thing in any of the parties' minds.

JamesL
08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Wasn't the lawsuit about SAAC's failure to account to Mr. Shelby, or his companies?

If they agreed to provide accounting information, then a settlement followed. SAACs attitude toward non-Ford cars was probably the last thing in any of the parties' minds.

That may be true but it was also said many times that Mr. Shelby was concerned about how his legacy would be maintained. The lawsuit was probably very specific to the accounting issues. Its the spirit of the issue rather then the letter of the issue that was driving it though. Shelby Dodges are part of his legacy whether SAAC wants to admit it or not. For SAAC to allow anything but a Shelby Dodge does not help that issue. Perhaps if they changed their name to the SFAC and stated the only allow the vintage 1965-70 Shelby's produced. Either way, it doesn't hurt SAAC to include SD as it opens them up to more membership.

contraption22
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
There is a big SAAC event within an hour of my house this weekend.

http://www.saac.com/eventsAndConventions/saac33.html

It's a brand new event and should be a nice playground for the rich kids.

I'm not gonna bother going tho.

BadAssPerformance
08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Good to hear that SAAC and SAI are on terms. Too bad it took almost a year tho.

I can see both sides of this. If SAAC has an event and a single "Shelby Dodge" class and SDAC has an event with a single "Shelby Ford" class, that would not be too much to ask while promoting unity in the community, LOL, damn that rhymed ;)

I can also see that SDAC and SAAC should keep their individuality, otherwise they are open and just like TS?

rare_ram
08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Do we thousandaires really want to hang with the millionaires?

minigts
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM

I wouldn't see a problem with Shelby Ford folks being at an SDAC event, but it is Shelby DODGE which is a little different twist being that it's a Dodge auto club and not a Shelby series club.