PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in.....

black86glhs
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
a new injector harness? If there is enough interest, I am thinking about making some. I just made one for my 86 and it came out ok. I have some of the details worked out and it really makes the engine bay look nice. I use the later style EV-1 self releasing connectors. The main connector is one area that can be reworked quite easily.
I wanted to throw this feeler out and see if the interest is there. Thanks.

tryingbe
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Price?

black86glhs
08-10-2008, 01:34 AM
My current estimates would be $60-$70 per harness. May be less, just depends on want and what people want done.
BTW, I'm not going to be making bucket loads of money. After dealing with the harness on my car, I see the need for harnesses. :thumb:
Note: I am using my GLHS harness as the template. If the one piece intake is different, I'll need one to use as a template. Just wanted to add this so everyone is clear on what I am talking about.:)

JuXsA
08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Lets see a picture of what the harness looks like in your car

black86glhs
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Somehow I knew you would ask that.:nod: OK, let me get some pictures and you guys can take a look see.:thumb:

Blue Iroc R/T
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Bryan,
If someone needs a new T-III injector harness, or a T-1 harness, I have a spare that I could loan you for your template. :thumb:

johnl
08-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, I'm interested in a couple or three. Those things see too much heat and get crusty; is there a more modern heat cycle resistant kind of insulation for the wire that they can be made up out of?

black86glhs
08-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I'll get the pics tomorrow, I was finishing up some diagnostics on my Omni and it started to rain. Didn't know it was supposed to???
Anyway, John, more than likely yes. But they get expensive when you start getting into wire like that. I didn't tuck mine under the plenum on the 2 piece intake like factory. I left it up against the front of the plenum so it won't get baked as bad.

black86glhs
08-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Bryan,
If someone needs a new T-III injector harness, or a T-1 harness, I have a spare that I could loan you for your template. :thumb:
Thanks Ralph. We will see if anyone wants to do it or not. I'm gonna talk with John about doing a beta test.:thumb:
I forgot to get pictures before it got dark....tomorrow, I swear.:nod:

badandy
08-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I would like a harness that exits the drivers side of the intake. I'd like to do away with as much wire as possible in the engine bay and this would drastically cut down on the amout of wire running along the firewall which gets baked by the turbo heat. Just an idea :eyebrows:

black86glhs
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Here are pictures of 2 harnesses that I have made so far. Some are better than others. The pic with the weather pack connector on the VC are showing what is next for my car.
Update: The 6 terminal weatherpack connector is a great update to the old L shaped connector. 2-3 inches of wire will be sticking out of the engine harness side of the weatherpack connector and include heat shrink butt splice connectors to attach it to the engine harness.

BadAssPerformance
08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice job there.

Should I move this to the 'group buy' section so you can get it going?

black86glhs
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I would like a harness that exits the drivers side of the intake. I'd like to do away with as much wire as possible in the engine bay and this would drastically cut down on the amout of wire running along the firewall which gets baked by the turbo heat. Just an idea :eyebrows:
This is easily done. Let me know how much harness you need on the drivers side and I can do it.

johnl
08-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Looking good. I'm a buyer.

Good idea badandy. Maybe next time for me.

black86glhs
08-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Nice job there.

Should I move this to the 'group buy' section so you can get it going?
Sure. I'm ready.:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
08-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Moved :thumb:

oldgregg
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Dawgwipes or Pigwipes?

BTW, they look great!

zin
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Looks like I'd be in for one or so...

Mike

johnl
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey, got mine. Beautiful. Great job Bryan. New New New (except for the main engine harness/center connector). Love it.

Let me figure out which center connector I need for the next one. Gotta look at a car to confirm; I will let you know.

black86glhs
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow! Got it already.:confused:lol
Glad you like it. I used the old L-shaped connector due to it going on a GLHS. John, now you can see why I like the GM weather pack connector to replace the original. No dirt or water gets to the terminals. Thanks again.

zin
08-27-2008, 03:32 AM
Sorry, I've been a bit distracted, I still want one, with only the car side not assembled. I'll paypal you when I get a moment (and a little more $$ :D).

Mike

PS John, if you're coming to the meet next week, maybe you could bring it along? I always like to fondle stuff before I buy it (if I can).

badandy
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
This is easily done. Let me know how much harness you need on the drivers side and I can do it.
I want it just like the factory length just exiting out the other side...I guess just flip floped:thumb:

black86glhs
09-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Andy and everyone else, here is the latest harness.

JuXsA
09-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Damn those look good. whats the price?

black86glhs
09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Regular harness with no modifications...$65. I am currently out of the L-shaped main connector. If you send me the male side of the connector with a couple inches of wire, I'll do it for $60. The weather pack connector like in the picture....add $15 to the regular harness price. $5 additional for adding a foot of wire to the harness like in the picture above.

GLHSKEN
09-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm in for a couple...

badandy
09-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm in for a couple...
Ken, I'll seeya the weekend of the 19th so be ready:D! I'll have this harness and the weather pack connector with me if you would like to take a peek at it.

Good stuff...can you say "let's get rid of a bunch of needless underhood wiring by sending the fuel injector harness straight to the SMEC? :eyebrows:

thefitisgay
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
i got a harness from him and its nice i just thought that everyone else would benefit from the explanation he gave me

this is for a 91 t1 harness (they have sequential firing instead of batch)

As for the wires, here is the rundown on what goes to what.
Green--Power to all injectors, same color in new harness.
White/blue stripe--Inj #1 ground wire. Find wire on new harness marked #1 and splice them together.
Tan--Inj #2 ground wire. Find wire on new harness marked #2 and splice them together.
Yellow/white stripe--Inj #3 ground wire. Find wire on new harness marked #3 and splice them together.
Blue--Inj #4ground wire. Find wire in new harness marked #4 and splice them together.
Black wire with the connector on it is the knock sensor connector.
Those crimp connectors are really easy to use. Strip about 3/16" of the insulation off the harness wires. Insert them in the correct connector and crimp the connector and wire together. Do this for all 6 wires. These connectors are heat shrink type. After you crimp all the wires you can take a lighter or a smale soldering flame and heat the end of the connector and it will shrink down around the wire. Be careful not to leave the flame in one spot too long, it will try to burn the connector. This will make the connector weather tight.
Any other questions, let me know.

good bump for a good guy :thumb:

minigts
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I want it just like the factory length just exiting out the other side...I guess just flip floped:thumb:

I should have shown you this on my car last year. I did the same thing, but made a 10-pin pig tail to include O2, injectors, temp sensor and knock sensor. Mine exits out the driver's side, under the TB to eliminate clutter. Only difference is I'm using some Molex connectors that are similar to the GM style pin connectors.

And that price is worth the time and parts involved. Selling a little less that it's worth, in my opinion. :D Nice and clean. :)

black86glhs
11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the great comments guys, means a lot to get :thumb:.:nod:

thefitisgay
11-26-2008, 02:40 PM
at first i thought the price was steep... but then i thought about it and it all made sense... kinda like not wanting to take somehting to your machinist to get a stud drilled out for 35 bucks... ya i might be able to do it at home but what happens if i break the easy out off in there?

waaaaaay worth it to have a pro take it on lol

black86glhs
12-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I will no longer be doing the injector harnesses. Schedule issues, lack of interest and the rise in parts costs are the reasons. I'll answer any qestions like always so feel free to contact me with any. I may still do one or two for those who are deserving, but not going to do it full time.
Omni-Potent, time to step up and start making them....lol.