PDA

View Full Version : so how many have this setup

TurboII
08-06-2008, 02:47 PM
i was planing on running a switch to my fan along with the factory relay. just in case my relay decides to go i have it on tap in the car, so no over heating!!!!!!!. I also wanna to be able to turn it on when im at the track. sound smart? will that damage my relay? i do have a after market fan too!!

Joey

cordes
08-06-2008, 02:48 PM
I know that there are several people who have them. I control my fan with the cal, so I don't worry about it, but it is a viable option.

glhturbo1985
08-06-2008, 02:57 PM
It sounds like a good idea if u ask me. I've had to replace a fan relay just within the year I've been driving my GLH Turbo. I need to make a backup wiring harness that'll mount right onto the battery and down to the pigtails so if it happens to me again, I won't have to wait 2 days to get the part into the nearest autopart store.

Happened on my way to SDAC 18 to be exact.

TurboII
08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I know that there are several people who have them. I control my fan with the cal, so I don't worry about it, but it is a viable option.

Mine is controlled by my cal too. But i want a back up switch just in case too. My dads laser went bad and it couldn't been nasty.

Joey

tryingbe
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
My fan is controlled by the computer, and when it is not turn on by the computer, I can turn it on manually.

turbojerk
08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
This is what I did on my daily driver and it was worth it all the way!

Thanks for the write-up Craig!

FAN SWITCH! (http://www.sv-td.com/members/images/saxhouse/fanswitch.htm)

turbovanmanČ
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Probably more like a few hundred people have it, its better at the track as you can keep it turned on in the staging lines etc and keep the temp as low as possible.

t3rse
08-06-2008, 06:34 PM
it couldn't be easier to do....

TurboII
08-07-2008, 07:50 AM
sweet!!!. im doing it!