PDA

View Full Version : FP Gauge

Ground Rat
03-17-2006, 02:52 AM
Where is the best place to mount one under the hood? Also where is the best place to tee in the fuel line for nitrous? I was going to tee in right before the fuel rail for the nitrous, and somewhere before that for the gauge. Is that a good way to do it?

cordes
03-17-2006, 04:57 PM
If you are trying to tee into the fuel feed line before the rail to spray the nitrus that won't work too well. Check out the kits at summit of jegs. You will see that they either have a nozzle that will spray into the intake before the TB usually, or nozzles that add fuel and no2 in the manifold.

You can tee into the fuel line for the pressure gauge though. I have seen pics of guys setups who have done that. They seem to like it.

89DaytonaTII
03-17-2006, 05:04 PM
If you are trying to tee into the fuel feed line before the rail to spray the nitrus that won't work too well. Check out the kits at summit of jegs. You will see that they either have a nozzle that will spray into the intake before the TB usually, or nozzles that add fuel and no2 in the manifold.
haha. He means to tee in the feed line for the fuel supply on the nitrous kit. And yes that will work.

A FP guage could be run in that same spot or off of the schrader valve on the fuel rail. But if running it off the schader valve make sure to run a length of braided line off the rail and then to the guage. Guages mounted directly on the rail have shown to cause stress from vibration and crack the rail.

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I would just use a brass block and tee off the rubber line at the fuel rail. I have cracked my fuel rail having a guage on there so a line wouldn't be much better. The rails are just too fragile.

Like so-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Canoncamerapics145.jpg

and I put my guage here-I just need one for setting fuel pressure.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Canoncamerapics143.jpg

cordes
03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
haha. He means to tee in the feed line for the fuel supply on the nitrous kit. And yes that will work.

Yeah, that would be a whole different thing I guess. :p

Ground Rat
03-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah, that would be a whole different thing I guess. :p
:nod: :D

Thanks for the pics turbovanman. Is there any reason to mount the gauge inside the van? I will probably mount mine in the same area as yours. I guess my only question now is should I tee in for the gauge before or after the fuel feed for the nitrous?

Ground Rat
03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Wait, wouldn't I want the gauge to be after the FPR?

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2006, 08:50 PM
You can mount it anywhere, except on the return line as the pressure will be the same at any point.
You can't legally mount a mechanical guage inside the car due to the risk of a leak and fire. If you want to mount one inside the car, buy an electric unit.

89DaytonaTII
03-17-2006, 09:06 PM
You can't legally mount a mechanical guage inside the car due to the risk of a leak and fire.
without an isolater kit

GLHSKEN
03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
No, There is LOW pressure afrter the reg. The guage has to be mounted before the reg.

Ground Rat
03-17-2006, 09:43 PM
If you want to mount one inside the car, buy an electric unit.
Right, I figured that. Are they much more money and is there a good reason to mount one inside? I also heard mounting the gauge on the firewall isn't NHRA legal, or is that an AFPR?

cordes
03-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Right, I figured that. Are they much more money and is there a good reason to mount one inside? I also heard mounting the gauge on the firewall isn't NHRA legal, or is that an AFPR?

the isolators and straight electircal gauges are coming down in price, but they were still more expensive the last time I checked.

I like the idea of having a FP gauge in the car for the fact that you can see your FP and make sure that it is where it should be for the boost you are running. Altough it would probably not prevent major damage should the fuel pump decided to take a dump on you instantly as one could probably not react that fast.

Ground Rat
03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
the isolators and straight electircal gauges are coming down in price, but they were still more expensive the last time I checked.

I like the idea of having a FP gauge in the car for the fact that you can see your FP and make sure that it is where it should be for the boost you are running. Altough it would probably not prevent major damage should the fuel pump decided to take a dump on you instantly as one could probably not react that fast.
Good point. I actually prefer as few gauges as possible inside my van. I want it to look clean. I guess I'm going to copy turbovanman on his setup. :thumb:

GLHSKEN
03-18-2006, 09:58 AM
The accufab regs have a port for hooking a guage up on the reg.