PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager

skitzo_inc
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
My dad has this van. I was wondering if anyone knew why the dash cluster would go on and off? He has pulled the dash and cleaned everything off (dust) also used some electronic cleaning stuff to clean the connections. Now it's worse, It worked for a week or so but then stopped working alltogether.
THoughts?

JDAWG
08-01-2008, 07:51 AM
probably needs a circuited board, you could take it out and open it and look for cracked solder joints and try to reflow them. Does the whole thing quit?

skitzo_inc
08-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes, everything electronic just turns off.

WickedShelby88
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
probably needs a circuited board, you could take it out and open it and look for cracked solder joints and try to reflow them. Does the whole thing quit?

I was going to say the same thing. They have a lot of problems with those. What sucks is anytime a part is outsourced its like a legal loophole and even though they should recall them they don't have to. My dad is running into the same problem with the school buses he has to maintain and repair. Its either International or freightliner, but their having all sorts of issues and with an underbudget issue at the school thats a "BIG" deal. Each of those 100 plus dollar clusters is taking money out of the fund that helps with school functions etc. gotta love it not.