PDA

View Full Version : Larz "shelby" Show

30 PSI SHADOW
07-28-2008, 01:32 PM
On August 10th, The larz anderson auto museum in Boston MA. will host the 2nd annual Shelby show held along with the american muscle day. Sponsored by the New England Shelby Dodge Club and the SAAC NE,This is still a shelby show, although this year they have combined two other groups with us.Hot Rods and Gassers.
Everything else is the same as last year so dont fret. We will have two classes, shelby numbered,and shelby inspired. New this year we will have first and second place. Im in the process of contacting Tim Pettijohn about returning again to entertain us all on the history of shelby.
Get em waxed up and over to the "Lawn" for another exciting day.Directions are on the NE site www.sdacne.com or go to the museums website. www.larzanderson.org along with great pics from last year!!

Hope to see you all there!!!

Bill Baker NESDAC President
Rutland Vermont

30 PSI SHADOW
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
bump.....

30 PSI SHADOW
08-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Just wondering if anyone outside of the new england crowd was attending...

Bill Baker

Turbo3Iroc
08-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Not looking that way Bill. Too bad also because it's a really cool place and one of the best shows I've ever been to. This is a very pristine event, even if you guys can't bring a car to show come hang out.

30 PSI SHADOW
08-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Seth P. has donated his house for a cookout after the show. He lives about a mile from there. So be hungry!!

Bill

omnigoestohell
08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Excellent event again this year guys. Thanks Bill for setting it up. Last year was an all-Shelby show, with a good turnout from SAAC and some Cobras. This year again we had a few Ford/Shelby cars and there were 2 cobras as well, at least one of them looked real, I'm not sure on the other.

The Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA is america's oldest car museum, with a collection of cars from as early as 1889. The museum has a huge beautiful location, centered around an old stone carriagehouse.

This year we had 6 1986 Shelby GLHSes show up as well as one 87 GLHS, a beautiful Shelby Lancer and a Shelby Dakota. Members also displayed a GLH Turbo, Daytona Shelby, Shadow ES and Bill Baker's amazingly clean T3 powered Rampage. We turned lots of heads and I think even educated a bunch of hot rodders once again that Shelby did in fact work with Dodge and produced some nice pocket rockets.

The weather held out long enough for us to have a nice show then we had a bbq and dodged raindrops for a BBQ nearby, drank beer and watched track videos of Shelby's in action. Good times were had by all.

mcsvt
08-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Agreed, it was a pretty nice turnout. It was my first time at Larz. Almost the same amount of 'S cars as SDAC this year...

I had the chance to hear a damn good stereo too (which happened to be in my favorite MB...), thanks Tim :thumb:

oldgregg
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
This year we had 6 1986 Shelby GLHSes show up as well as one 87 GLHS, a beautiful Shelby Lancer and a Shelby Dakota. Members also displayed a GLH Turbo, Daytona Shelby, Shadow ES and Bill Baker's amazingly clean T3 powered Rampage.We had 7 86's, & one 86 GLH. Who are you?

Agreed, it was a pretty nice turnout. It was my first time at Larz.How did I miss you Gary?
Almost the same amount of 'S cars as SDAC this year... For those who did not go, here are "the best" shots I took (lots of people always getting in the way of the "perfect" shot) of the S cars from one angle, & the NESDAC cars that showed up from another angle.

BTW, my car is the lone 87:

http://home.comcast.net/~my89shelby/8glhscars1.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~my89shelby/8glhscars2.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~my89shelby/8nesdaccars.JPG

30 PSI SHADOW
08-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey Butch, if you want i can send you 2 pics of the rampage and post them here...

Bill Baker

BadAssPerformance
08-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Looks like a decent turnout! :thumb:

Marcus86GLHS
08-12-2008, 06:00 AM
those are great pix Butch thanks for posting!

(7) 86S cars in one show is very impressive, even more than SDAC 18 correct?
all we needed was a few more 87S cars and we'd have a new record for total Whittier L-bodies at one show.
we also had an ex-Whittier employee, Tim Petijohn in attendance, who shared plenty of data on the cars.

since we got robbed of our own trophy Class at this year's event, i'll give a personal Top Kudos award to Dave L's 86S #127 for best 86S, not only is the car very original but Dave does a super job at setting up and displaying lierature/paperwork/pictures to tell the tale of the 86S cars.

Jonny B's 86S #141 gets the Best Speeder award as i followed him for 75 miles on the Mass Pike as he was screaming at 85-90 mph right past the State Police several times on the way in, good driving sir.

But Bill B's T3 Rampage has gotta earn Best In Show for all the turbo mopars there, what a great one-of-one car. Bill says expect 11's out of it sometime soon.

sdac guy
08-12-2008, 07:47 AM

(7) 86S cars in one show is very impressive, even more than SDAC 18 correct?
all we needed was a few more 87S cars and we'd have a new record for total Whittier L-bodies at one show. ....
There have been a few comparisons made to how many were at SDAC-18, but the number varies from year to year (for all classes). You would have to more than double the number of both types to get a record. If you doubled the number you had this year for both 2dr and 4dr S cars, that would only be about equal to the number of just the 87's at SDAC-12. And there were nearly as many 86's there too! But at SDAC-13 the following year there was only one 86 S entered in the car show, so it really varies from year to year.

But I am glad you guys had a good turnout! :thumb:

Barry

Marcus86GLHS
08-12-2008, 08:24 AM
thanks Barry i wasnt aware of those attendance #'s.

is there any data your folks have that suggests that the New England area/Northeast states might have the most # of 1986 S cars? cause it sure seems that way.

sdac guy
08-12-2008, 09:00 AM
thanks Barry i wasnt aware of those attendance #'s.

is there any data your folks have that suggests that the New England area/Northeast states might have the most # of 1986 S cars? cause it sure seems that way.Off the top of my head, Ohio has quite a few. I can think of 4 of them just in northeast Ohio (Toledo to Cleveland area). There are at least 8 of them in the Detroit/Windsor/Southeast Michigan area that come to mind.

BTW, there were 2 other 86 S cars at the SDAC-18 show, but they were not entered. And one of them was the one that was well restored by Todd Nelson and sold to Alan Q. It was bought by a local guy here, and had a note on it that it was retired from showing.

Barry

30 PSI SHADOW
08-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Of the 7 S cars there, i can think of at least 4 more in the boston area that were not at the show. Not bad...

bill baker

oldgregg
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Of the 7 S cars there, i can think of at least 4 more in the boston area that were not at the show. Not bad...

bill bakerMy bad, one of the 86's is a GLH, not a GLHS. I should learn to read sloweeeeer.