PDA

View Full Version : So I finally broke down and bought one....

SoCalCSX
07-28-2008, 12:37 AM
..but not an SRT4. I picked up an 03 GT cruiser Friday:D Its the dark blue color with an auto stick (i know, i know) but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I got it for around half the price most GT's are going for around here cuz the dealer got his price from a base PT:lol:

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the power it has and I'm getting full coverage insurance for $75 a month. Try that with an SRT4. Plans for the future include a Stage 1 chip/injectors and a 3" turbo back exhaust, maybe some suspension tuning too. That's about as far as I want to go with the auto trans for now.

I'll post up some pics for you guys in the next couple days...

NeonShowCar
07-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Now, head over to www.ptcrew.com and tell them Garry McKissick sent you. Most of the fast guys already know me. :D You'll like it over there, all of the fast PT's hang out there.

mcsvt
07-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Nice B! :thumb: Nothing wrong with a PT GT.

Clay
07-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Just drove my parents 03 GT Cruiser "Dream Cruiser" back and forth from the in-laws this weekend. Always liked the little cars. Plenty of room for our stuff, a decent ride, and decent gas mileage. If I just had another way to tow other than our 06 Durango, I would sell it, and buy a GT in a heart beat.

skitzo_inc
07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I've debated on getting a PT GT but realllly want an SRT-4. It still might be cheaper for me in the long run for insurance on a GT...so many choices! (I would get a manual though...)

SoCalCSX
07-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I've debated on getting a PT GT but realllly want an SRT-4. It still might be cheaper for me in the long run for insurance on a GT...so many choices! (I would get a manual though...)

I was dead set on an srt4 but a few things stopped me from buying one.

1) Insurance rates
2) Trying to find one that hasn't had the sh*t beat out of it
3) Most of them around here are hovering around the $16k mark regardless of mileage and thats more than I wanted to spend on a car that only gets driven on the weekends.

I mean an SRT4 is what it is but it just wasn't for me right now. As for the auto in the GT right now, I have a line on a manual conversion from a wrecked GT my friend is buying for the motor to swap into his GLH-T. I just have to wait until I buy the wife a new car cuz she likes driving the GT but can't drive a manual.

skitzo_inc
07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
I was dead set on an srt4 but a few things stopped me from buying one.

1) Insurance rates
2) Trying to find one that hasn't had the sh*t beat out of it
3) Most of them around here are hovering around the $16k mark regardless of mileage and thats more than I wanted to spend on a car that only gets driven on the weekends.

I mean an SRT4 is what it is but it just wasn't for me right now. As for the auto in the GT right now, I have a line on a manual conversion from a wrecked GT my friend is buying for the motor to swap into his GLH-T. I just have to wait until I buy the wife a new car cuz she likes driving the GT but can't drive a manual.

This is all true. My insurance is already really high on just a neon, I hate to know what it would be like on an SRT-4. Especially full coverage! :eek:

spoolinhard
07-30-2008, 02:35 PM
This is all true. My insurance is already really high on just a neon, I hate to know what it would be like on an SRT-4. Especially full coverage! :eek:

I am not one to tell you what to do, but you might want to investigate insurance before you buy one. Yes, it is that BAD. If I had to put full coverage on mine I wouldt be able to afford anything else.

SoCalCSX
08-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Here are a few pics, better late than never right?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/85BoostedGTS/PICT0016-1.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/85BoostedGTS/PICT0015.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/85BoostedGTS/PICT0017-1.jpg

djd's turbo
08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Very nice!!!

contraption22
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Very nice PT! I really like that color too.

2.216VTurbo
08-05-2008, 12:14 AM
At least it's roomy enough to drag the whole San D crew up to the SoCal meeting this Thursday:eyebrows:. and if you *had* to sleep in it, a GT Cruiser beats a Daytona:D

johnl
08-05-2008, 12:23 AM
congrats good buy I'm jealous.

SoCalCSX
08-05-2008, 02:16 AM
At least it's roomy enough to drag the whole San D crew up to the SoCal meeting this Thursday:eyebrows:. and if you *had* to sleep in it, a GT Cruiser beats a Daytona:D

Oh yeah, rear folding seats should be plenty comfortable but I wouldn't doubt this TM on a road trip:amen:

On a side note I took it to the dyno tonight to get some baseline numbers on it. It put down 185.08whp and 198.32wtq bone stock with only the dirty air filter removed. Guess my first mod is gonna be a new K&N filter.......

I'll post the dyno sheet when I get to a scanner.

SoCalCSX
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM
So here's the dyno............

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/85BoostedGTS/Picture.jpg

Clay
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
not bad.

now sell me 1 wheel! ;)

raccoon
08-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Ill only like it since its not that purple colour Chrysler used like crazy a few years back.

SoCalCSX
08-06-2008, 12:51 AM
not bad.

now sell me 1 wheel! ;)

Well if my friend would make up his mind whether he wants to get the totaled PTGT here I could get you one or three.

Clay
08-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Well if my friend would make up his mind whether he wants to get the totaled PTGT here I could get you one or three.

<mr burns>Excellent</mr burns>

I would be VERY interested in at least 1 good wheel. Keep me in mind when ever he figures things out.

thanks!
clay

WickedShelby88
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
wow wow wow.. I like it. My wife says she wouldn't mind one too. I have to get a set of wheels like that for my lancer.. Gotta be some of the best factory wheels for sure. Shoot with the money you save in insurance you can definitely get some more go out of that little beastie. So how old are you if you don't mind me asking that insurance would be rediculous with an SRT4?

SoCalCSX
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm 27, I just did an e-quote with my insurance and an SRT-4 is damn near 3x what the PT costs to insure. I'm a different case though. I've been caught street racing(just long enough ago to still be on my record) so I have to find ways to get around high insurance costs with a car that has some performance i.e., buying a wagon with turbo motor in it instead of the flashy car with the motor in it.:eyebrows:

CSXVNT461
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Sweet thats a nice cruiser! Your gonna love it, I know I love mine. I'm a big guy and there is plenty of room in these little things. I also like the fact that you dont feel like your standing up off the floor to get out. I think the used ones are getting to be a great value, if you find a decent deal you can pic one up with 80-100xxx miles under $5000! Also most of them have been well maintained and not driven hard, unlike the srt-4's on the market. Here's mine 185xxx and still goin strong!!!! Give it some cool dry air and this thing is a beast of an engine.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/riftlaker/3Srtwheels.jpg

Keito
08-08-2008, 05:56 AM
I just turned 35 and my rates went down, but I was paying $450 a half
on my SRT-4. A little less now.
Multi car discount, married, clean record + house insurance with Allstate.

I only drive it for 6 months,the rest of the year its in storage, that costs $60for the other 6 months.

Turbozcs2003
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Sweet thats a nice cruiser! Your gonna love it, I know I love mine. I'm a big guy and there is plenty of room in these little things. I also like the fact that you dont feel like your standing up off the floor to get out. I think the used ones are getting to be a great value, if you find a decent deal you can pic one up with 80-100xxx miles under $5000! Also most of them have been well maintained and not driven hard, unlike the srt-4's on the market. Here's mine 185xxx and still goin strong!!!! Give it some cool dry air and this thing is a beast of an engine.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/riftlaker/3Srtwheels.jpg

185,xxx miles, nice!

What have you had to replace?? Is yours an auto or stick. I have an 03 Gt stick with 77K miles. Only had to replace the LCA Bushings and front wheel bearings(done under extended warranty.

CSXVNT461
08-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Actually I bought it with that it has closer to 190 now. I bought it from an over the road salesman, so its mainly highway miles. AFAIK and acording to him its stock eng and auto stick tranny. The only thing he said he replaced was the front wheel bearings, and I think theyre do again along with the rest of the suspension. It also has a coolant loss issue I think the rad is leaking in a FEW places Ive been told they are known for it.