PDA

View Full Version : Seen the new Shelby Web site?

CSX321
03-16-2006, 02:41 AM
The new Shelby Automobiles, Inc. Web site has a section with the Shelby Dodges. http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles.asp Down at the bottom under "Past Vehicles."

sdac guy
03-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Good to see it online. Their IT manager called me last fall to get some info on the Shelby Dodge models. He told me at the time that the site was to be revamped and would include info on the Dodge models. He said there was a lot of concern by the management (Carroll?) that those models had been overlooked on their website up till now, and that the website would have a section for all previous models. Of course it doesn't take long to see not all of the Whittier cars are mentioned, but it certainly is far better representation from Shelby corporate than we have enjoyed before.

Barry

Frank
03-16-2006, 07:26 AM
They added your website to the links section... SWEET!

TurboMinivan
04-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Their IT manager called me last fall to get some info on the Shelby Dodge models.

Rich contacted me as well (did you give him that idea, Barry?) and we ended up emailing back and forth for quite some time. I certainly wanted to see more info out there, but he kept telling me they just wanted some brief synopses rather than long-winded, detailed explanations. I'm still happy since--like you said--this is far more recognition than we've had in the past. :thumb:

-Dempsey

sdac guy
04-12-2006, 04:46 AM
Rich contacted me as well (did you give him that idea, Barry?) Yeah Demps, I did refer him to your website as a reference,
and there have been a few of those references for other folks too. :thumb:

Barry

uwilluz
04-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Anyone else see that it says only 780 Shelby Lancers were made?

Johnny
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes only 780 were produced.

But this I did not know....

(CSX-T) with all 1000 of these cars built by Dodge with no Shelby involvement, for Thrifty Car Rental.

Johnny
www.PolyBushings.com

BigAl
04-28-2006, 11:37 AM
http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showforum=20

sdac guy
04-28-2006, 12:06 PM
But this I did not know....

CSX-T) with all 1000 of these cars built by Dodge with no Shelby involvement, for Thrifty Car Rental.

Johnny

I don't know that is really true. In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say it is NOT true. From everything I have heard, 1000 1988 Shadow ES Turbo's were shipped to Shelby Automobiles and modified there. Indeed there were no engine modifications like on the other models, but appearance packages, suspension, brakes, etc, were all done at Whittier. Dodge did not put a single dash plaque on any Shelby Dodge, and the T's had dash plaques.

Barry

JuXsA
07-23-2006, 11:40 PM
on my CSXT it has the shelby sticker in the door saying it was modified by Shelby... They need to fix that!!!