PDA

View Full Version : Using washer tank and pump for injection

Terry Again
07-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi All,
And I wonder about nozzels to use on my T1 log car to try to get by on 87 octane gas I can get local? It's all that is sold here in this little town!! For now I have to use the washer tank and pump and am lost as to the size one I need?
Thanks for any replies and info on this,
Terry

"Top Fuel" Bender
07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
not that I'm a big fan of alchol injection but........
I highly dought that the pressure a washer pump produces is enough to over come the intake pressure
you maybe able to inject it before the throttlebody on the T1 car

Terry Again
07-29-2008, 05:27 AM
I knew that man. I just have to figure out what size misting nozzel to get? This is for street use only. So I can use regular gas instead of the high test that I can't get where I live! So I also have to figure out when to have it start coming on? I also figure to use distilled water and alcohol mix at 50/50%.
Thanks for any other replies,
Terry
I'm brain Damaged,what's your excuse?

jpcturbo
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Thread a 0.23 or 0.30 copper MIG welding nozzle at like 1/4"-20, or whatever you perfer. Drill and thread a hole in the TB cover, slight off center pointing down through the TB, same as the MIG nozzle. Run either 50/50 Methanol/water or all Methanol. Yes it does not mist, but the 90 degree bend will break it up and the turbo does the rest. I ran this setup for a year or so before converting to T2. There was no damamge to the turbo, although you couldn't see any of the cleaing effects either.

cordes
07-29-2008, 01:15 PM
not that I'm a big fan of alchol injection but........
I highly dought that the pressure a washer pump produces is enough to over come the intake pressure
you maybe able to inject it before the throttlebody on the T1 car

You could run a line with a check valve in it so that the tank will only see boost pressure. That way the boost pressurizes the tank and you can get by with the washer pump. I have read that many people have done it this way and that it works.

amcpacer
08-03-2008, 02:08 AM
I injected water methanol mix downward at the T-1 throttle body for about a year. After total disassembly and inspection the screws that hold the throttle plate in had almost completely rusted out. The aluminum throttle body itself was pretty corroded. The pistons, valves, and chambers were clean. Also I think the water was responsible for making the AIS motor stick sometimes. I used a 100psi diaphragm pump and using a 2 stage nozzle setup a 2 gph for the 1st stage and a 3 gph for the second stage. The pump and the first nozzle activated at 3psi and the second nozzle at 8psi. They were pressure wash nozzles from mcmaster.

It sure was nice to run 12psi of boost on 87 octane. It was really sensitive to misfiring when running too big a nozzle.