PDA

View Full Version : Trade: TRADE maybe?...1987 TurboBuick....freshly rebuilt motor with modds!!..NJ..$6000

turbo600
07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I figured I'd maybe see whats out there for trade and cash, I have a 1987 Buick Regal T-Type up for sale,Im located in NJ, Im only asking $6000, she's got a freshly rebuilt motor with maybe 10 miles on it and plenty of modds, including a mean looking front mount intercooler, this economy is crap right now and nobody wants to buy a car, I had her posted for $7000 which is a great deal but yet nobody even came to check her out, she has only been for sale for a few days but Im very impatient this car shouldve been sold next day for $7000, I need her to sell fast so I dropped the price to $6000, if somebody has a cheap project car for me and like $5000 let me know, or you could give me $6000 today and she's all yours, title in hand...here is the link to my Craiglist add... http://southjersey.craigslist.org/car/758988244.html

my cell# 609 760 0745

W.P._Turbocars
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
link is bad

bradp
07-25-2008, 09:46 PM
post it on www.turbobuicks.com

Xtrempickup
07-25-2008, 09:58 PM
what color just wondering, hard top or T-top

bradp
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, is it a Turbo T, base Regal Turbo, Limited or GN?

Xtrempickup
07-25-2008, 10:32 PM
87 T-type it says, so thats a 3.8turbo like a GN

clocktowersniper
07-25-2008, 11:02 PM
I'll give you $3k, 2 base Daytonas with no title and an 81 Omni with VW power for it.Jk
They are nice cars, I am looking for one but not for $6k. I want a project. Good luck! Theres always E Bay!

turbo600
07-26-2008, 06:35 PM
the link is good when I click on it?...my buddy replyed saying the link was bad too but on another forum, and when I clicked on that link it worked for me, I dont get it, if it dont work you could go to South Jersey craigslist.com, she will pop up on there.... here is the info I posted on CL...GET READY TO READ!!!...1987 Buick Regal T-Type..same as Grand National!...3.8 Turbo..320HP stock..plus she had plenty of modds....freshly rebuilt engine, rebuilt turbo, Poston headers and 3" down pipe, 3" stainless dual exhaust, 3"high flow cat, complete kenne bell cold air intake setup with "front skirt"..fuel pressure gauge.Kurban variable fuel pressure regulator, Poston high volume fuel pump,ATR PitBull chip,42LB injectors,boost controller, front mount intercooler (looks mean!!!)...rebuilt 8.5rear with Auburn 342 gears,air shocks, drag springs, T-Type aluminum wheels, tires have good tread, (street tires)...the body is straight, I had her completely sanded down and primered black ready for paint but I was waiting for bumper fillers so I never had her painted, so right now she's primer black (looks mean) ready for paint, (needs bumper fillers still)...grey interior, fresh carpet, fresh headliner, perfect dash (no cracks still looks new) fresh door panels, back seats are in great shape, drivers seat is ripped up, passangers seat has one small rip, so they have seat covers on them now which look good, interior looks like new as you can see in the pics,, back seats are great,,,,,,has kenwood CD player, after market knock gauge with power six emblem in it, after market boost gauge on apiller, fresh carpet in trunk,the cars original color is that nice gun metal grey,hard top, grey interior, engine bay looks real clean!, with a fresh paint job and drivers seat this car would look mint, the car itself has 113k on body, 3rd owner, clean title ready to be signed over,I decided to sell her so I can put a down payment on a new truck and pay off some bills, plus I already have a worked Monte, I will find another Turbo Buick but for now I just need to pay off some bills, also I have a clean driving record right now and I know with a Turbo Buick that wont last long , im located in Marlton,NJ..by the RT-70 RT-73 circle..very easy to get to..(South Jersey) im about 15 minutes from Atco RaceWay...Im asking $6000...please serious inquiries only, bring cash if you would like to take her for a test drive, other wise you can sit in my driveway, start her up and hear her run, (ive had too many people come to look at my cars in the past just because they wanted to drive them)..sorry no more of that, plus she hasnt really even been on the road since rebuild so I try not to drive her until I get her tuned,if you come here with cash I know your serious, this is a great deal,cash only, I priced her to sell fast, If you have any questions please feel free to call my cell# 609 760 0745

turbo600
07-27-2008, 03:53 AM
WAS $7000....NOW $6000...:confused:...somebody pick her up today!!!

$6000 $6000

$6000 $6000

turbo600
07-27-2008, 04:05 AM
try this link...maybe this one will work

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/car/765942674.html

Xtrempickup
07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
nice project, wouldnt spend 6K looking like that tho, just my opinion

turbo600
07-29-2008, 05:11 AM
???...so you spend maybe a $1000 between a nice paintjob and the plastic fillers for the bumpers...then a good tune and drag radials, you then have a beautiful solid 11 second car that gets 20mpg with a estimated total of $7500....$7500 is a small price to pay I think, I was going to have it painted before I sold it considering it would increase the value and make it easier to sell but this car deserves a good paint job and i dont have that kind of money laying around ya know, plus this gives the next owner a fresh slaight with the car considering they can paint the car any color they want, maybe make a GNX clone for an extra $400 who knows, I'l leave that up to the next owner...I decided to sell her ready for paint so the next owner had more options with there toy...these were the deals I always wanted when buying a car, instead i always got stuck paying extra for cars with paint, crappy 20 year old paint that looks ok from 20 feet away...so then you just spent the money for a car with paint when you know some day soon your gonna have to spend even more money getting her sanded down ,primered ,and repainted,,,sometimes your just better off buying a primered car............................................... ............any cheaper on this car and Im just gonna have no choice but to put this drivetrain in my Monte then put my built 350 in the T-type, swap it out, sell the T-Type for whatever I can get considering it was just another V8 car and finish my Monte off with a fresh paint job...always good to have a "plan B" ...who knows maybe I'd have some extra money and I can find myself a TurboMopar for cheap for my daily driver, that would be nice too

88_pacifica
07-29-2008, 08:45 AM
???...so you spend maybe a $1000 between a nice paintjob and the plastic fillers for the bumpers...then a good tune and drag radials, you then have a beautiful solid 11 second car that gets 20mpg with a estimated total of $7500....$7500 is a small price to pay I think, I was going to have it painted before I sold it considering it would increase the value and make it easier to sell but this car deserves a good paint job and i dont have that kind of money laying around ya know, plus this gives the next owner a fresh slaight with the car considering they can paint the car any color they want, maybe make a GNX clone for an extra $400 who knows, I'l leave that up to the next owner...I decided to sell her ready for paint so the next owner had more options with there toy...these were the deals I always wanted when buying a car, instead i always got stuck paying extra for cars with paint, crappy 20 year old paint that looks ok from 20 feet away...so then you just spent the money for a car with paint when you know some day soon your gonna have to spend even more money getting her sanded down ,primered ,and repainted,,,sometimes your just better off buying a primered car............................................... ............any cheaper on this car and Im just gonna have no choice but to put this drivetrain in my Monte then put my built 350 in the T-type, swap it out, sell the T-Type for whatever I can get considering it was just another V8 car and finish my Monte off with a fresh paint job...always good to have a "plan B" ...who knows maybe I'd have some extra money and I can find myself a TurboMopar for cheap for my daily driver, that would be nice too

Now wait a second here... If I am reading this correctly this car was NOT an original turbo car? That is a bit much for a non-original turbo car. Now, as an owner of an '87 GN I can appreciate the investment and the steps taken to convert this car to be sure, but there are some half truths in here and you know it.

"so you spend maybe a $1000 between a nice paintjob and the plastic fillers for the bumpers"- a nice black paint job and replacing all 4 fillers is going to be a "smidgen" over 1k... :nod: ;)

"maybe make a GNX clone for an extra $400"- ummmm, yeah ok :confused:

I do hope you sell this car and get what you are asking, but it has to be listed properly and defined as such. You know as well as I what it's value is and the thought process of putting this stuff in a Monte is a bit "far-fetched" IMO. Even a cloned TB will "command" considerably more money than a Monte turbo with just about every enthusiast. Now, is this an original TB car or an N/A cloned? I am curious myself. I mean with all the mods that have been made, you would be losing your arse especially if it were all orig. If you feel this is an excellent asking price I would definitely post it elsewhere on the Buick boards. What is your username in those areas?

1984rampage
07-29-2008, 11:39 AM
No, i think he was aying that if he cant get wat he wants for it he'll swap in is built 350 and get what he can considering it wil then be just another V-8 car..... I think

88_pacifica
07-29-2008, 12:43 PM
No, i think he was aying that if he cant get wat he wants for it he'll swap in is built 350 and get what he can considering it wil then be just another V-8 car..... I think

Ah... ok. Well I do know they made a handful of these with the olds 307 V8's and I thought this might be one of them. The best way to tell is from the vin. Either way, it would sell for more parted out than as a rolling/running V8. The conversion processes are nightmares... :yuck:

quantum
07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I hate to say it, but TM guys are a tough crowd. I've seen number Shelby cars in nicer shape with fully build motors not sell at similar prices. I'm not saying your car isn't worth what your asking; but we TD guys are a bit too use to cheap, fast, "rare" cars popping up for just about nothing. It's a blessing and a curse: we always always seem to find parts and good deals, but when it's time to sell the tables are turned.

88_pacifica
07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I hate to say it, but TM guys are a tough crowd. I've seen number Shelby cars in nicer shape with fully build motors not sell at similar prices. I'm not saying your car isn't worth what your asking; but we TD guys are a bit too use to cheap, fast, "rare" cars popping up for just about nothing. It's a blessing and a curse: we always always seem to find parts and good deals, but when it's time to sell the tables are turned.

Amen brother, amen.... Plus, things usually sell bettter to enthusiasts of that hobby. Most of these ChryCo guys would rather spit on a TB than own one. :(

turbo600
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Amen brother, amen.... Plus, things usually sell bettter to enthusiasts of that hobby. Most of these ChryCo guys would rather spit on a TB than own one. :(

yeh I know, I had a nicely modded 87 ThunderBird TurboCoupe about a year ago, the people on that forum were all about TurboFord, because there goal was to beat the oh mighty TurboBuick, Now having a TurboBuick the Buick guys pretend they dont even take TurboFord or TurboMopar seriously, but a car inthusiest like me can appreciate them all, because I know what all these cars are capable of, you just cant underestimate any of these cars considering it dont cost too much to get any of these car in the 11's (if you know what your doing and can do it yourself that is)...I do understand its like sports even thought the other team is good you hate them anyway because its just not your team...me on the other hand I plan on having a garage with 1 TurboFord,1 TurboBuick, and 1 TurboMopar all parkd next to eachother, then a few more outside of coarse...I do plan on trying to find a Nice TurboMopar soon though, TurboMopar I would say is the cheapest, these are the cars you can find in the back of a small car dealership for cheap, then all the performance parts are cheap, plus there very light...TurboFords small dealerships think there worth alot more than they really are so you find them from private owners, then parts are just alot more expensive than TurboMopar and TurboBuick, but there good motors too so they can take whatever you through at them, TurboBuicks are rediculously expensive compared TurboFord and TurboMopar, but there parts are cheap, the motors take whatever you can through at them, and it dont take much at all to get a solid 12 second streetable car out of one...I understand the "team spirit" but in the end you gotta love them all...well said?:nod:

turbo600
08-01-2008, 05:25 PM
well looks like Im gonna have no choice but to put the V6 Turbo drivetrain into my 87MonteLS,sell my Monte drivetrain, and part the rest of the T-Type, then maybe find a TurboMopar for a daily driver :nod: .it never ends

88_pacifica
08-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Take it to the Buick Nat'ls this weekend. ;) Hebron, Ohio at the quarter mile track. When you get ready to part it, let me know. There are some things(body AND eng) I need for my buildup this winter. I know you aren't parting the driveline, but if u do... :nod:

TTYL...

turbo600
08-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I'l be posting all the parts in the (parts for sale) section on TurboBuick.com within a week...maybe you'l have some stuff we can trade?...I'l be looking for a scan master, and some guages, along with an alky kit and some other stuff im sure, I'l have a list of parts with prices and a list of stuff I need...maybe I'l be looking for some TurboMopar stuff in a couple weeks if I can find one

88_pacifica
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I'l be posting all the parts in the (parts for sale) section on TurboBuick.com within a week...maybe you'l have some stuff we can trade?...I'l be looking for a scan master, and some guages, along with an alky kit and some other stuff im sure, I'l have a list of parts with prices and a list of stuff I need...maybe I'l be looking for some TurboMopar stuff in a couple weeks if I can find one

Unfortunately, I don't have much TurboBuick related at all(at least nothing you'd want probably). As for the TD stuff let me know. I have a knack for finding stuff so maybe I can help you out and help myself in the process... ;) :thumb: