PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Fuel Pump Noise (255l Wallbro)

MopàrBCN
07-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi,

A while ago I installed a 255l Wallbro "In Tank" Fuel Pump. I never paid attention to noises, however recently I did note it making noises.

It's a whistle type noise which is not loud but audible with the engine running.

When applying throttle the noise goes down.

Now, from older V8 cars I now, that my pump is quite in comparison. However, the fact that I never noticed my fuel pump at all and only recently started noticing it, I wander if this means something I should worry about or not.

Thanks !

tryingbe
07-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Is the fuel filter new?

MopàrBCN
07-24-2008, 09:48 AM
yes. that was installed 2 weeks ago!

johnl
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
In an L body, with the baffled tank, I have mis-installed the pump such that the pump hanger snagged on the baffle and made noise. The pump will make noise when it is sucking air, which is a very bad thing of course. Are the little soft plastic feet on it? Or, the pump motor itself, as opposed to the filter, could be resting on the bottom of the tank. Or, the pump could be defective - pull it out and run it in your hand, pump some fuel with it, pinch the outlet side to raise the pressure - does it vibrate/make noise?

minigts
07-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Mine makes a humming sound and my fuel pressure is fine. In fact, before I installed this one, the two pumps I had on the car made noise. With the 255 it's not as loud, but I can still hear it. I have a Charger.