PDA

View Full Version : ghlt front air dam and side skirts

bakes
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
friend of mine is sending his ght to the body shop for re painting and called me to see what type of black was used on the front air dam & side skirts ie flat or semi and so i posting to find the correct color

zin
07-22-2008, 07:32 PM
friend of mine is sending his ght to the body shop for re painting and called me to see what type of black was used on the front air dam & side skirts ie flat or semi and so i posting to find the correct color

I'm pretty sure that they were not painted at all, the color was just that of the plastic. That being said, I would imagine that there is a paint for use on plastic that could be used to bring back the original look.

Mike

Nathan
07-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm the guy looking for the paint colour for the dams. The pillar and the rear license plate background look like the same colour. Bakes thinks it is "Hot Rod" black , or flat or satin black. Can anyone verify this? Bakes and I just went for a rip....still pulls you back in the seat. Dempsey Bowling would be proud to know its back on the road.

DC Turismo
07-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Satin black is what I used on my Turismo and I am very happy with the appearance. It is very close if not the exact depth of the stock color. I'd also check with glhturbo1985 as well as Omni-Potent to see what they did on their Omni's.

Marcus86GLHS
07-23-2008, 05:25 AM
the GLHT/GLHS front airdam and sideskirts are not black, they are a dark charcoal grey in flat finish. no other area on those cars is that particular color and finish.

the window trim and rear valence (around the liscence plate) are indeed true black, in satin.

bakes
07-23-2008, 10:24 AM
do you have an paint code for that dark charcoal grey?

Marcus86GLHS
07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
no i dont sorry. if you have access to an original part bring it to a good paint guy he can match it.

Nathan
07-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Looking at the pillar between the front and back door, looks to be that dark flat grey. Not sure if the previous owner (Dempsey), customized a little with colours or it is stock. I had seen in the past, a scanned version of the Dodge GLH brochure but it wasn't good enough quality to see these parts. I will keep searching for some original pictures. Thanks for the help guys.