PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 swap..almost codes 26, 27 and 54

glhs502
07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
It will run on starting fluid or by pooring gas down the TB but I'm not getting any fuel. The injectors are not firing..
It's a 2.4 NA in a 91 Daytona Shelby with the dist on the side of the head.
I did the dist mod moving the shutter wheel and also swapped the signal wires for the 2 plugs going to the HEP. I had to lengthen the fuel injector wires and I double checked the wire colors.
Today I'm going to get another injector harness to see if codes 26 and 27 go away and going to try another HEP.
anyone else got any suggestions??

glhs502
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Swapped SBECs and now no codes...put the original SBEC back in now no codes with it..go figure.
Unplugged and reseated several sensor plugs and now it did hit a couple of times. So I think it might be getting some power to the injectors. I think I must have a loose connector somewhere.
If I could only get about 2 or 3 good hours to chase this problem...

glhs502
08-11-2008, 10:27 AM
It runs!!!! Thank GOD!!
Found out I had the park/neutral wire crimped to one of the backup lights wires at the plug that goes to the tranny. I did an auto to 5 spd swap when it went 2.4. Also I had to ground pin 30 on the SBEC.

rbryant
08-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Cool now we just need the pictures!

-Rich

87csx2.4
08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
It runs!!!! Thank GOD!!
Found out I had the park/neutral wire crimped to one of the backup lights wires at the plug that goes to the tranny. I did an auto to 5 spd swap when it went 2.4. Also I had to ground pin 30 on the SBEC.Can't wait to see it derek,taking the csx to huntsville sunday to see if it will go 6's.Drive on up and run with us if you get a chance.