PDA

View Full Version : WNY SDAC. its that time again.

Aries_Turbo
07-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Ok, we need to have a get together and no not just me and lasky and sean and mark if he hasnt sold all his stuff for gay 4wheelers ;)

im out of town all next week so that gives us time to plan.

i have every weeknight free minus monday (though i can replan monday stuff) and sat are good and sunday afternoons too.

we wanna do a plate night, buffalo wild wings, cookout at seans/laskys/my house (though its in warsaw...ie really far for cuse guys etc.

Brian

1FastCSX289
07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Definately.....we need to do something. My place is open for a cook out.......pretty much any weeknight....although wed/thurs my wife isnt home, so I will be juggling kids.

We could also do a cruise night. Theres one just about every night of the week. Log cabin, Tom Wahls, etc.....

Another suggestion might be to cruise out to that drive-in in Avon. (OK, insert gay joke here about going to a drive in). We could cruise out in the cars, grab few pizzas on the way and watch a movie where a lot of stuff blows up.

How about that last week in July? 27th-1st?

And yea......maybe we could ACTUALLY get some people out to this one? :nod:

jeremyshelby
07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
ok how about you all come to syracuse on Sunday July 27th to the all mopar show at long branch park in liverpool....we could represent the TD at the show.....plus i will actaully be able to be there.....right now this upcoming week is nuts since my daughter turns 1 on wed the 23 and her party is sat the 26th....is anyone going to the syracuse nationals this weekend.

1FastCSX289
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
ok how about you all come to syracuse on Sunday July 27th to the all mopar show at long branch park in liverpool....we could represent the TD at the show.....plus i will actaully be able to be there.....right now this upcoming week is nuts since my daughter turns 1 on wed the 23 and her party is sat the 26th....is anyone going to the syracuse nationals this weekend.

Thats a pretty good idea. The Mopar show at Long Branch is nice.

Ill be around at the Nats tomorrow all day. Ill be driving out in my GTO. You gonna be there?

jeremyshelby
07-18-2008, 10:35 PM
yup ill be there most of the day....does your dad have a booth again....wanna meet somewhere.

1FastCSX289
07-18-2008, 10:45 PM
No he decided against the booth this year. I was trying to get him to do it again, but he didnt think it was enough of a business booster to make it worth the expense. Whatever.

Im gonna be hanging with my dad for most of the day, so I have no idea what our schedule is going to be like.....when we're getting there, what we are doing or when we're leaving. Hes not easy to deal with in that regard. PM me your cell and maybe we can catch up at some point.

Are you going to be doing any cruising of the local trouble spots tomorrow night?

Im at 585-957-3542.

iangoround
07-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Oh man, I nearly forgot about the syracuse nationals. I'll see if I can make it tomorrow.

slasky
07-19-2008, 03:26 PM
we could do a 1000 island meet at my summer house.

Aries_Turbo
07-19-2008, 04:39 PM
that too. i was more thinking an evening quick meet but a weekend at the cottage would be fun too!

ill be gone the weekend of aug 15-16-17 though

Brian

iangoround
07-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm going camping with the lady Aug 1-3 at Wellesley Island, so I'll all ready be up in the islands if you guys have a meet up there at that time.

1FastCSX289
07-20-2008, 08:45 AM
I vote for either the Mopar show at Longbranch or a quick evening cruise night. My weekends are booked almost through the end of August. Id like to get all the cars out to an event also.

Aries_Turbo
07-20-2008, 09:16 AM
what time does the longbranch show start?

i might be able to make it to that. car wont look good at all but i could be there. :)

Brian

jeremyshelby
07-20-2008, 10:05 AM
the show closes at noon....meaning you have to be thee by noon....awards are at around 3.

here is a quick thing on the show

http://www.cnymopar.com/2008Show.htm

or go to www.cnymopar.com for more info.

Aries_Turbo
07-20-2008, 02:15 PM
oh well. i dont think i can make that after church. i wont be leaving my house till noon so that means that id get there at 2:30....

Brian

1FastCSX289
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
oh well. i dont think i can make that after church. i wont be leaving my house till noon so that means that id get there at 2:30....

Brian

We could go to church in Syracuse before hand. I would go with you. Or we could hit the early service at my church here and head out and be there by noon easily.

Or.....you could be a gazer and not go. :thumb:

jeremyshelby
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
that sounds like a good idea....now what about slasky????

1FastCSX289
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
that sounds like a good idea....now what about slasky????

He'll probably be out meat gazing, but maybe he could break away for a little while. :lol:

Aries_Turbo
07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
wait a min... im dumb. i could hit the early service at my church too and be on the road by 9:15 or so. streets and trips says only 1:49 to get there. I could be there at 11:30.

no way id enter the pos in the show with the nasty fender but i could be there at least.

ill let you know.

Brian

1FastCSX289
07-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Or we could paint up and install your fender on friday or saturday?

slasky
07-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I might be able to make it.

1FastCSX289
07-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, lets nail this thing down. Who's in?

Me
Ian
Brian (maybe)
Lasky (maybe)
What about Mike Reeves? Anyone talked to him? He been missing in action.

jeremyshelby
07-22-2008, 09:12 AM
ill be there with or without my car.....got to get the front bumper put back and and figure out how to get it there without it being on the road.

Aries_Turbo
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Or we could paint up and install your fender on friday or saturday?

well you know already (as of this morning) that either my trans or my clutch just took a crap so my car is out but i should be in.

I still have to talk to the wife about it but she should be fine with it.... especially cause i didnt have to go on the work trip that i was supposed to go on.

Brian

slasky
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I will probably be out. I just bought $3500 worth of siding that I need to put on my house in the next two weeks.

iangoround
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, lets nail this thing down. Who's in?

Me
Ian
Brian (maybe)
Lasky (maybe)
What about Mike Reeves? Anyone talked to him? He been missing in action.

Whats the time and place?

I've exchanged a few PMs with Mike, I'll probably be seeing him Saturday to return his engine hoist finally.

Aries_Turbo
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I will probably be out. I just bought $3500 worth of siding that I need to put on my house in the next two weeks.

jeepers. :)

i need to side my house but it will probably have to wait till spring or something like that.

when you working on it? i can give you a hand if im available.

Brian

slasky
07-22-2008, 09:53 PM
jeepers. :)

when you working on it? i can give you a hand if im available.

Brian
From whenever it gets here tomorrow until it is done. I watch the kids in the morning until my wife gets home around 1. So I will start then and work late. Any help would be great and would include drinks and food.

Aries_Turbo
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
ok. ill give you a call when i have some time free. maybe an evening next week or maybe this sat or next. got alot of cars to fix right now. tons of stupid little things.

Brian

1FastCSX289
07-26-2008, 11:31 PM
OK, so Brian and I are leaving my house around 10-10:30 AM. Slasky....if you can get away for half a day......come on over. You can be back home by 4:30 to do whatever gazing you may need to.

Jeremy and Ian.....we'll see you at the show, right? My cell is 585-957-3542. We should be there by noon. Give me a ring if you dont see us.

Also, I am bringing a grill. If you want to bring some burgers and dogs, you're welcome to grill them up.

See you in the morning!

Aries_Turbo
07-27-2008, 10:20 PM
it was a good time.

i had the distinct privelage of driving seans blowby charger back from syracuse to his house as his wife came out to her folks and sean stuck around there. :) it made it safe and sound even though it oiled down 100 cars behind me. :)

Brian

jeremyshelby
07-27-2008, 10:27 PM
thats cool you made it back it was a good time...im sure sean brought home the whole trophy case with his prize car.

1FastCSX289
07-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Guys.....really.....the car is SWEET.....I KNOW. :eyebrows: I ran into a guy at the show with a whole drivetrain out of an 88 CSXT for 300 bucks though. So, ive got to get a few bucks together and give him a call.

It was a good time though. Too bad we cant get more people together at one time. We could have made it a really good time. Next time!

bm_zimmer
08-19-2008, 08:34 PM
well this is were you gus are hanging out. i met a few of you guys at the longbranch show and i was directed to this site. i remember the blow by charger. Did you get the oil cleaned up from under the hood. lol.
just to introduce myself my name is brian and im local in syracuse. i had a daytona shelby z and have recently installed that motor into a lancer shelby. well yesterday it took a ---- on 81 heading to my buddys garage in hastings lol. hopefully i didnt destroy to much. im always available for cruise nights and get togethers (when i get my car running again lol). im now a registered member to the forums and i look forward to contributing to this site.
talk to you guys soon.
brian

jeremyshelby
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
its always good to hear from a another syracuse person that way we have more power to pull those rochester boys to come out here...i remember talking to you at the show.....maybe sometime we can get together here in the cuse.

Aries_Turbo
08-19-2008, 10:38 PM
welcome Brian.

im not even a rochester dude Jeremy :). i live a little closer to buffalo than i do rochester. there are a few buffalo guys that im trying to get to hang out too.

so rochester really is the middle place to meet even though it makes it too easy for gazers like lasky and sean. :)

not to say that i wont come to the cuse every once in a while though. :)

Brian

slasky
08-19-2008, 10:43 PM
welcome Brian.

im not even a rochester dude Jeremy :). i live a little closer to buffalo than i do rochester. there are a few buffalo guys that im trying to get to hang out too.

so rochester really is the middle place to meet even though it makes it too easy for gazers like lasky and sean. :)

not to say that i wont come to the cuse every once in a while though. :)

Brian

Hey gazer, are you going to the track tomorrow night??

Aries_Turbo
08-20-2008, 05:38 AM
probably not. all my cars are broken other than the tracker.

plus i need to replace a tie rod end on maries neon.

Brian

jeremyshelby
08-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Im painting a friends car right now so im busy with that at night.

slasky
08-20-2008, 09:41 AM
probably not. all my cars are broken other than the tracker.

plus i need to replace a tie rod end on maries neon.

Brian
You could still come and help me.

1FastCSX289
08-20-2008, 02:25 PM
well this is were you gus are hanging out. i met a few of you guys at the longbranch show and i was directed to this site. i remember the blow by charger. Did you get the oil cleaned up from under the hood. lol.
just to introduce myself my name is brian and im local in syracuse. i had a daytona shelby z and have recently installed that motor into a lancer shelby. well yesterday it took a ---- on 81 heading to my buddys garage in hastings lol. hopefully i didnt destroy to much. im always available for cruise nights and get togethers (when i get my car running again lol). im now a registered member to the forums and i look forward to contributing to this site.
talk to you guys soon.
brian

Hey man, I remember talking to you at the show. Good to see you on here. Bummer on the Lancer....but then again....you STOLE it in the first place so dont feel TOO bad.:) Anyways, be sure to check back here on a regular basis for meeting info and we can hopefully get back out to Syracuse sometime soon.

bm_zimmer
08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks for the welcome. hopefully i can get my car together within the next few weeks so i can have some time to enjoy it. i had just got it running to!!! oh well ill check back often and keep an eye out for some meets and cruise nights. later, brian

Rampage16V
09-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey would you guys like to meet up at Toronto motorsports park for a dual chapter time trial day drag race type get together?
OSDAC vs WNYSDAC

Aries_Turbo
09-01-2008, 09:51 PM
id come but my car is broken. unless i have to get a passport..... do i need one now. i forget?

Brian

Rampage16V
09-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't need one to go to Detroit. I think we are good til 2009

bm_zimmer
09-01-2008, 10:06 PM
i will go. i dont know if my car would be ready. its gonna run slow anyways but i would definatly show up.

1FastCSX289
09-05-2008, 12:13 PM
For me it depends on when you do it. If not until the end of the month then I might be able to make it happen. I JUST got my engine back together and only have about 70 miles on it. No tuning yet. Keep us updated.

Rampage16V
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I was thinking mid october. Let me know. Also check out our chapter's forum

ontarioshelbydodge.com

1FastCSX289
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I was thinking mid october. Let me know. Also check out our chapter's forum

ontarioshelbydodge.com

Mid OCtober could work depending on the weekend.

slasky
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
We have this at the end of September but I can't make it; open house night. :(http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/used/street_car_shootout/street_car_shootout_flyer_nyirp.jpg

Aries_Turbo
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
open house never kept you from skipping before. :)

or maybe that was sean lol.

that would be fun. im still broken though.

Brian