PDA

View Full Version : Fan switch

Turbo224
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Just curious if anyone has figured out a way to wire the radiator fan to the a/c switch when all the a/c stuff has been torn out of the car. I would like to be able to turn the fan on and off with the a/c button in my R/T.

Frank
07-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Just curious if anyone has figured out a way to wire the radiator fan to the a/c switch when all the a/c stuff has been torn out of the car. I would like to be able to turn the fan on and off with the a/c button in my R/T.

I don't know, but it is worth a shot. First try jumpering the pressure switches. This will fool the system into thinking the system has pressure. This will allow the SBEC to turn the fan on when it sees the A/C switch on. If that doesn't work, you may need to bypass the electronic cycling clutch switch via pins 1 to 3 at it's connector.

Frank

CSX321
07-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I *think* just jumpering the pressure switch connector should do it. I've unplugged the clutch with a charged AC system, and that made the AC switch work to control the fan. That was on the '87 electronics.

JDAWG
07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
does that plug have a ground in it? If it does I would just use that to ground the rad fan relay

Turbo3Iroc
07-17-2008, 01:06 AM
I *think* just jumpering the pressure switch connector should do it. I've unplugged the clutch with a charged AC system, and that made the AC switch work to control the fan. That was on the '87 electronics.

I tried that on my car and could not get the a/c button to control it. I think random was the best way to describe the actions.

I ended up running a wire off the relay to a switch under the dash. I have the switch mounted on a panel now but it works great.