PDA

View Full Version : Can a sway bar be put in wrong?

89ShelbyGuy
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey guys. Well, to remove the axles and crap for the shelby i made it easy for my self and removed the sway bar....but i didn't pay attension to see how it was in there...well, after servral months i put the shelby back together..and when putting it on, i kinda had to geuss...i am now getting a clunking noise from the drivers side, i was woundering if a sway bar can be put upside down? Like fliped around and then end for end? Cause after i jacked up the car and looked underneth, that sway bar end is VERY close to the control arm..

LMK...also, what size of sway bar do they have on an 89 Dodge daytona shelby t2 5-speed?

Heres an off topic qeustion about oil pressure....
When is the oil pressure TOO high at idle...on a warm engine...i am getting 15 to 16...too much? I had 5w30 in there which was thining out WAY to much and making me idle at 5 or under on a warm engine....now i put in 3.5 quarts of 10w30 and a quart of lucas oil..

Thanks!!

Tom

turbovanmanČ
03-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes, it can be installed upside down, and it sounds like you have yours upside down, :banghead:
Not sure on the size but you will have the largest bar available-90% sure, lol!

There isn't really such a thing as the oil pressure being to high at idle, if its too low, then you need to be concerned. Spec is 5 psi or higher at idle.

89ShelbyGuy
03-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks simon!

Tom

Turbodave
03-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Tom, like Simon said, the oil pressure sounds good. The 2.5 in my Shadow has been about 25psi at idle when warm since I rebuilt it 5 years ago, always had 10w30 Mobil 1 in it.

I'm pretty sure the 89 Shelby Daytona's had a 1 1/4" bar in them.