PDA

View Full Version : 3-bar Overboost scaling question

quantum
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I've been leafing through a few cals (some from here, LB60, etc) and noticed that the scale for the OB shutdown map constant and timer values is 0-29.4 for both 2 and 3 bar cals. Shouldn't the scale for the 3 bar be 0-44.1? Most had the OB value set to FF so it wouldn't matter anyway, but if I want to set it correctly (I like having the computer there to keep me from doing something stupid) should I rescale it? Thanks.

MiniMopar
07-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Take a look at the source ASM for any table you are wondering about. Compare the "chem" tags to the "chem2" tags. The assembler uses the "chem" tags to generate the TBL file and the "chem2" tags to generate the CALX file. As things are learned about the true meaning of the data in the table, these tags are adjusted. Often only one of them is changed leaving the other one to languish.

BB60 has a lot of these errors as Geoff updated the chem2 tags for his Chem2 program but did not update the chem tags. I fixed a lot of these and can post the source if you want.

quantum
07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
I wasn't just referring to the LB60 code, but I took a look and yes the the values should be 44.1 for the 3-bar thanks.