PDA

View Full Version : Refresh My Memory!

Dodgepilot
07-13-2008, 08:39 PM
What are the bone stock boost levels in 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th gears? No mods just a bone stock SRT4. What is the max boost it will take without damage? Thanks

contraption22
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
What are the bone stock boost levels in 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th gears? No mods just a bone stock SRT4. What is the max boost it will take without damage? Thanks

There are no set boost levels. It varies with conditions. There is only a torque goal.

Max boost without damage is also dependant on what modifications are made and how it's tuned.

brummy
07-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I thought 1st and 2nd were limited to 7-8 psi? Then again, I'm just getting my feet with in the srt pool.

Keito
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I thought 1st and 2nd were limited to 7-8 psi? Then again, I'm just getting my feet with in the srt pool.

When its cold outside you will boost much less because the air is more dense.
Thats what Mike ment by boost varies, the computer tries to make xxx torque, and with ideal conditions needs less boost.

sy2206
07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
When its cold outside you will boost much less because the air is more dense.
Thats what Mike ment by boost varies, the computer tries to make xxx torque, and with ideal conditions needs less boost.

Keith is right. It does also vary by each car too. My moms SRT is a freak! It's fast, really fast. It's a completely 100% showroom stock 04. My friend had an Burnt Orange 05 with S1 and exhaust, and I used to smoke him in my moms car all the time. I honestly don't know why, but her car rips...

Keep in mind, there also going to be some variance in production. Sensors all read slightly different, when parts get bolted togather and there's some slop, certain ones are going just happen to get lined up better, ect. When all those things just happen to come togather on one car, it's gonna be quicker then normal.

I looked at production dates, just out of curiousity. My mom bought her SRT4 3 weeks before I bought mine. We bought both cars brand new, from the same dealer in April of 04. My mom bought her's the first week of April, and it was manufactored in the second week in Feb 04. I bought mine the last week of April, but it was made the second week in April. So my moms car must have been on the lot for a while, where mine they must have just got in when I bought it.

Mark