PDA

View Full Version : Turbo II CV joints/driveaxles

Bandit
03-14-2006, 04:46 AM
Hi!

My Le Baron GTC (Turbo II) -89 has had clicking CV joints (when cornering) since I bought it 2 years ago. Do I have to buy the whole driveaxles or are the CV joints sold separately anywhere?

I asked the local US-car parts shop (Finland you know) and they offered the whole axles for 211 euros (some 250$) each. I think the price is a bit high, even though they should be heavy duty for a powerful fwd car.

Or should I stick with the clicking ones?

What do you think?

R/T
03-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi!

My Le Baron GTC (Turbo II) -89 has had clicking CV joints (when cornering) since I bought it 2 years ago. Do I have to buy the whole driveaxles or are the CV joints sold separately anywhere?

I asked the local US-car parts shop (Finland you know) and they offered the whole axles for 211 euros (some 250$) each. I think the price is a bit high, even though they should be heavy duty for a powerful fwd car.

Or should I stick with the clicking ones?

What do you think?

Clicking is a sign of needing some help....

All axles from 86 - up are the same for K based cars - LeBaron, Daytona, Shadow, etc... There are no special axles for T 2 cars.

We can get rebuilt axles here in the US for $40 or so each! :amen:

Are there any junkyards in Finland, maybe try there??

Whorse
03-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah the rebuilt axle is the way to go. Easier and quicker to install, and pretty cheap. Just did the passenger side in my 90 GTC.

R/T
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Here's a few links to US auto parts stores; you can shop online for parts.

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/

www.autozone.com

Both sell rebuilt CV axles for our cars for about $60 US.

Even with shipping to Finland, they would have to be waaaay less than $250!!

Good luck.... :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Again, buy junk, get junk. Most rebuilt axles are sh*t. I own my own shop and have been thru many brands and only a local rebuilder has sold me anything decent.
There are 7 or so different cv shafts for our cars so any car can have either one, some are stronger than others.
If you have no vibration then you can just buy the outer joint, I can get them brand new for around $100 plus shipping. It comes with grease, boot and clamps.

If you are interested, I need a pic of your CV shafts so I can get the right joint, :thumb:

R/T
03-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Your results may vary;

The AutoZone remans in my Son's LeBaron GTS daily driver have been through about 75+ mid to low 14 second drag passes with slicks, no problems.

They seem to work well for us, and come with a warranty, too. :)

butchsuppe
03-15-2006, 02:07 AM
Sounds like your short on cash, might want to try adding some grease to your axles, I,ve been broke so often that I will try anything to keep the bucket rolling. lol