PDA

View Full Version : Finnnallllyyyy got the transmission back on.

zshadow
03-13-2006, 11:27 PM
after about 6 hrs of non stop tranny work we finally got the transmission back onto the daytona.

had to replace the clutch and resurface the flywheel. but finally got it all back together with the mounts and bobble strut back in place.

now all thats left is, redrilling the exhaust housing on the turbo, replace the swingvalve and o2 sensor. install gauges, put head back on, run ic piping, put the rest of the stuff back into the car and connect dp/muffler/tip together.

~Kevin

89ShelbyGuy
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Good luck! I just got done putting in the new engine in my 89 shelby daytona..and new clutch and resurfaced flywheel...its nice when it all just drops in..lol..she started right up on the first try....i love the sound...and the boost!!! muhaaa!

Tom

zshadow
03-14-2006, 10:55 PM
unforgently i am somewhat far from being done. i wired up my headunit, gauges, amp and cap today. a main goal for the car is to make it look clean. i still have alot of work to do. ontop of the fact that not having the head back on is holding me back from getting ic piping or even mounting the ic to fit. suprisingly turbosunleashed have taken FOREVER on my last order. i placed it on 2/24 and on 3/8 it said processing. i called, left a message, and emailed them about package but havent gotten a response yet. wonder if they just forgot or something. somewhat unprofessional IMO, i dont care that they havent sent it just let me know what the hell is going on, so im not waiting a friggen month for my parts. :)

looneytuner
03-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Hopefully the old bolts will look like this when done:)

CletusJones
03-15-2006, 02:40 PM
6 hours to put the trans back in? Yikes. That makes me a little wary of doing a clutch in my daytona.

butchsuppe
03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
It,s alot quicker with a hoist and air tools

zshadow
03-16-2006, 12:38 AM
yeah, a hoist helps alot, we actually did it with only two bolts that needed the gun, the tranny mount and the bobble strut... other than that we did it mostly by hand. the first day we spent about 1 hr dropping the tranny, which wasnt that big of a deal, just unbolt it all, put some pillows under it, and let it fall. second day we spend about 2 hrs or so replacing mainseal, putting flywheel back on, and putting new clutch back on. we almost had the tranny back in, but couldnt seem to get it aligned so we quit for the day. the last day we spent about 3 hrs just brian and i and got the tranny back into place. then slowly started tiedying stuff back up and replacing the brake line i busted. anywho! today we drilled out the exhaust housing on the turbo, and drilled out the original swingvalve to make sure everything was lined up correctly.

im sure with the proper knowledge and a hoist it woulda been a tid bit easier, but it will take some time. just make sure you resurface your flywheel! always! when u replace the clutch.

tryingbe
03-20-2006, 02:14 PM
6 hours to put the trans back in? Yikes. That makes me a little wary of doing a clutch in my daytona.

Takes me about 9 hrs, but I'm slow.

What worst was, I had to do it TWICE. The input shaft seal of the new used tranny I put in leaked. :banghead:

So, if you have the tranny and engine part, do yourselves a HUGE favor and change that stupid input shaft seal. It might take an extra 15 mins, but it sure beats doing taking out the tranny TWICE.

89ShelbyGuy
03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
suprisingly turbosunleashed have taken FOREVER on my last order

LOL....Yea...I seem to have that problem too......I emailed him about a throw out bearing he sent me. Straight up looked like it was used....i am preatty sure it was after putting it in..somewhat noisey..but not knocking...

He never responded.

I am disapointed with his service....but other then that, talking to him(chris), he's a real knowlegdable guy and very nice.

Tom

Chris W
04-14-2006, 09:55 PM
LOL....Yea...I seem to have that problem too......I emailed him about a throw out bearing he sent me. Straight up looked like it was used....i am preatty sure it was after putting it in..somewhat noisey..but not knocking...

He never responded.

I am disapointed with his service....but other then that, talking to him(chris), he's a real knowlegdable guy and very nice.

Tom

Tom,

As far as I know I have never received an email in regard to a possible used TOB. Could you resend it please? I have never sent a TOB that appeared used, but I don't always have the bandwidth to personally inspect each and every part before shipping them out. Did it come from us in AZ or directly from our vendor on the east coast? Let me know so I can get down to the bottom of that issue. Also, please verify that you have recieved your other products. Until the Dyno project is completed we are forced to work in very tight quarters. We hope to be back up to speed once we get a little more breathing space around here. Delays have been attributed to some of our products being put into storage until the renovations have been completed. We truly are doing the best we can to keep up with orders and not delay the dyno install.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
6 hours isn't bad at all, I had my van down to a science on that but getting slow again, :nod: lol!

boost geek
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
The next time I do mine, I'll use long studs in the bellhousing to line up the block and tranny - SO much easier.