PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Fs: 87 Glhs #907 $700

Turbo224
07-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Selling 87 Shelby GLHS #907.

Original California car that I bought and brought back here a year or two ago. As the story goes, the paint scheme on the car was applied by the orignal dealership in 88 when the car did not sell as a way to interest people in it. I have no proof of that or never really looked for any. Thats just what I was told.

Exterior: Paint obviously needs work. No major body damage, only a few door dings. There are a few places where the paint has rubbed off that shows some surface rust, but I promise it is only surface rust. Frame rails, floors, doors, quarters etc are all rust free. Passenger side mirror is broken but I will include a replacement. Needs tires.

Interior: Interior is mostly complete. I have not been able to find the correct grey front speaker grills. I have a set of brown ones that could be painted that will go with the car. Leather on the steering wheel has long since been removed. Leather on the shift knob is crusty. Carpet is dirty and needs to be replaced. Headliner needs to be replaced. CS seats are in decents shape. No tears, but need to be cleaned.

Engine: I have almost nothing for under the hood of this car. You will pretty much have to start from scratch.

Car comes with a nice set of Centurians and the proper dash plaque. I do not have the Koni's, Shelby valve cover, rad/IC or anything else. The wiring harness is still in the car and is unmolested, but pretty much everything else was gone before I got the car.

I had been planning to drop a T3/568 into this car but I have lost interest in the project. I am sure someone else can enjoy this car. A local freind has expressed some interest in this car, but I am still waiting on a final decision.

Asking $700. Car is located in Salt Lake City Ut. Buyer is responsible for picking this car up or arranging shipping. I will gladly trailer the car to a shipping company here in Salt Lake if that will help. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

Tyler 801-440-4730

John Neff
07-12-2008, 06:00 PM
I'll buy the wire harness off of you if you have it?

Turbo224
07-13-2008, 06:10 AM
I do have it, but I wont part this car out. The harness is pretty much the only thing left! :) Sorry.

GLHNSLHT2
07-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Looks cool. If I wanted a 2 door GLHS I'd buy it. Just because it's somewhat original like Alan's Red one. Hopefully you can find a buyer that will restore it and keep the paint the way it is. Well repainted in it's current color scheme is what I mean :)

WickedShelby88
07-13-2008, 03:49 PM
This would of been right up my alley budget wise and far cheaper than expected for an S car. Too bad things aren't going my way. Bump for a nice 2 door(my preference of the 2) GLHS.

John Neff
07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
PM'd you again Tyler. you know what I want.

2.216VTurbo
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Dunno Tyler, that things looks like it's screaming for a TIII Transplant, if you only had a donor car lying around:D

Turbo224
07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Dunno Tyler, that things looks like it's screaming for a TIII Transplant, if you only had a donor car lying around:D

I know, I know. I was really excited about that project. I just dont have the time or money right now to attempt that. Maybe some day....

turbokid
07-14-2008, 04:53 PM
If you were closer I would totally buy this =)
Finding numbered parts when 3 have been scrapped recently isn't too hard
This car could be back to its former glory in no time =)