PDA

View Full Version : General: windshield sticker

turbo-tease
07-05-2008, 07:19 PM
What I am looking for is a windshield sticker for 86' glhs, I am looking for either a sticker or for a really good close up picture of one so I can have my local sticker guy make me up one! thanks for any help on this!:hail:

oldgregg
07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Why not just buy one from Dave Salamone @ Positive Impressions?

Clay
07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
or buy an NOS one from Pettijohn

pimpinlebaron
07-06-2008, 04:12 AM
I bought the entire sticker set plus the windshield decal from Positive Impressions for my 89 CSX for around $100. Good stuff, & he's a great guy to work with. You can also get just the windshield sticker by itself if that's all you need, $49 (or $39 if you buy the sticker set..)

http://www.unleashedbyshelby.com/

turbo-tease
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
how much is a nos one?

87glhs
07-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Okay...How do I get hold of Tim Pettijohn?
Thanks

LaserXT1986
07-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Why not just buy one from Dave Salamone @ Positive Impressions?

Because his 86 and 87 GLHS as well as CSX ones are not accurate.

Example: The factory made the CSX ones clear with blue print for the strobes (so that if you sat inside the car, you only saw the strobes). His are made incorrectly -- he takes solid blue vinyl and prints black onto it. When done, the "20 foot away") look is that all you see is the blue strobe lines (black blends in on windshield glass from a distance). Of course when you get IN the car, all you see is a solid blob of blue vinyl from the inside.

Tim Costello had me make him a correct reproduction for his CSX-vert car when he owned it, because he didn't want a "reproduction" so inaccurate on his vehicle.

The CSX-VNT 89 gold one is "ok" from Positive Impressions, but be warned -- it's not made using 3M materials like he used to do (yet he charges the same price for it using cheaper grade materials). FWIW.

Tim Pettijohn on the other hand is a GREAT guy to deal with, if he still has any.