PDA

View Full Version : Zeitronix Install

johnl
03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Two pics of install in GLHT

First pic - display/read out on dash - three holes through metal dash, two tiny bolts to hold down the display, centered hole/grommet beneath for cable from brain in glove box that feeds the display.

Second pic - Brain in glove box - easy access for data out to laptop.

Hole/grommet through firewall near big LM for A/F, EGT, Boost, RPM, TPS, etc.

GLHS592
03-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Looks good. Was it pretty straight forward to hook up? Does it datalog without a laptop?

cordes
03-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Nice work. I hear that those are pretty nice. Let us know how it works out for you.

Force Fed Mopar
03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
What does it do exactly? Just datalog, or is it like a piggyback computer?

89DaytonaTII
03-12-2006, 10:30 PM
What does it do exactly? Just datalog, or is it like a piggyback computer?
wideband that can display other things as mentioned, and datalog.

Nice choice, I'm waiting to buy a zeitronix unit myself.

johnl
03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Kevin, to answer your question, it WAS straightforward, even simple, to hook up. The worst part is trying to find enough colors of wire to match the colors that come out of their plug/pigtail. They don't give you 10 feet of wire for each wire that has to be connected to something or other, they just give you 18" or so and you have to splice onto that and take it to where you want it. I don't have purple, or grey, or orange 18 wire (and neither do the local stores) so I wound up using red/black/white/yellow/blue with color tape tags on the ends to distinguish them.

mock_glh
03-14-2006, 12:56 AM
John, you go to the junkyard and cut a nice fat clean section of wireloom from a car that has all the colors you need. The part where it goes across the firewall will have some nice long pieces.:nod:

Ondonti
03-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Here is my install.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/249000-249999/249196_52_full.jpg

mcsvt
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Could we get a link to where this can be purchased? I remember seeing it on the other board but I can't remember it right now.

Thanks.

johnl
03-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Could we get a link to where this can be purchased? I remember seeing it on the other board but I can't remember it right now.

Thanks.

Here you go - they sell direct; shipped in one day - SoCal to SoCal. When I had a question, I went from my garage to my house, emailed it to them, made a sandwich, heard the email came in bonging sound, had my answer.

www.zeitronix.com or just google it.

johnl
03-14-2006, 01:21 PM
John, you go to the junkyard and cut a nice fat clean section of wireloom from a car that has all the colors you need. The part where it goes across the firewall will have some nice long pieces.:nod:

Thanks Boyd. Good idea; I really need to do the JYs more often and, as you know, there are some good ones nearby. Got rid of my black on black MK VII SC and the Ranchero (black interior) is getting red paint, so I don't have any "dirty cars" to take to the junkyard. GLHS' grey interior NG; wife's light tan interior NG too. PITA

johnl
03-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Here is my install.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/249000-249999/249196_52_full.jpg

Sweet. And, easily undone without obvious damage to car.

mcsvt
03-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Thats the website I remember, thanks :)

How is the view at night? Is it backlite?

GLHS592
03-14-2006, 05:22 PM

I saved the complete interior wiring harness from a Shelby Charger I parted just for this type of thing.

Ondonti
03-14-2006, 10:25 PM
view is awesome at night. Looks like what you can see in that picture but a LOT more clear. . During the day if you get a glare from the sun its hard read unless you swing your head around to get a better angle. Its not going to be in the Spirit anymore, but I like the install. I just bought a 2nd little storage tray, cut a slot in the top, and then a hole in the corner for the wire. Then all I had to do was slide the screen into the tray as I plugged the wire in from the hole in the corner. I then put a little piece of rubber hose pinched between the screen and the back of the tray so stuff (like that key) doesnt slide behind the screen. The hose also pushes on the screen and helps dampen any vibration.