PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone replaced CS trunk emblem?

glhs571
07-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I just got a replacement for my car and I have a few questions.
There is like black rubber on the back of the emblem should I remove all of it or just stick it on like that?
What should I use to hold it up? Double-sided tape for car badges. or JB Weld?

Any input would be great. thanks :thumb:

MiniMopar
07-01-2008, 06:03 PM
You should remove it. That is what is left of the old double-sided tape that held it on. Naptha should cut it without damaging the emblem or the orangy-type of GooGone. You can either use "plastic and emblem adhesive" or use the grey 3M tape for moulding and emblems. I'm a fan of the 3M tape. Just make sure you getit where you want it because it's not coming off without a fight.

glhs571
07-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah I just bought some 3m adhesive tape from the paint store. I will take all the old double sided tape off and use plenty of new tape on the backside of the emblem.

sy2206
07-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Just make sure you getit where you want it because it's not coming off without a fight.

There's actually 2 small pins on the back of the emblem, and two small holes in the decklid, so there's really only once place it can go.

Captain Chaos
07-03-2008, 10:50 PM
There's actually 2 small pins on the back of the emblem, and two small holes in the decklid, so there's really only once place it can go.

If the pins are still there. I bought one used and there was no evidence they ever existed.

BadAssPerformance
07-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Only the p-bodies had the pins, h-bodies did not.