PDA

View Full Version : Laser does okay at the track

JohnnyLightning86
03-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Went to Redline tonight and made 3 passes. Wanted to get a starting point on the Laser to see what it would run. It's probably been at least a year and a half since I last went, so I was very rusty not that I am any good anyway.

1st pass (without spooling the turbo on the line):
Reaction - 0.7130
60ft. - 2.65
1/8th - 11.20
MPH - 62.34

2nd pass (horrible reaction time, spooled some, but wasn't totally ready before the tree started):
Reaction - 1.1712
60ft. - 2.49
1/8th - 10.93
mph - 63.13

3rd pass (my best run, I staged first and got a good spool up timed very nicely with the tree):
Reaction - .5314
60ft. - 2.39
1/8th - 10.80
MPH - 63.06

In all, I was pleased considering the car is running stock boost. I was hoping for a little faster, but I think the car would have been capable of a 10.7 or better if it had not been so hot and humid tonight - upwards of 80+ degrees. Though I had no traction problems at all with the new BF Goodrich Excentia GT's at 28psi. Or maybe it was just the heat and humidity making the track sticky.

Only mods are a K&N, a T/U rebuilt T1 turbo with quick spool option, and a full 2.5" exhaust including SW and DP. Of course, since it is a stock automatic, it's got that long overlap between 1st & 2nd gear. But I thought the car did pretty good even badly beating a newer model Ford F150 on my second pass. On the 3rd pass I raced a brand new Mustang GT. Got him good on the launch and stayed ahead for a bit until he finally hooked up. I had fun.

Guess it's time to update my signature!