PDA

View Full Version : Sebring seats in a Tona?

Mopar318
06-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I was replacing a window in a convertible top GTC Sebring today, and noticed how nice the seats where. They are vinyl/leather seats, and the belt is built in to the head rest, and they are very comfortable.

I was going to be reupholstering my stock seats with black leather, but now Im considering getting a set of these seats on ebay or something out of a wrecked car, then just upholstering the rear seats to match. I dont really like the stock seats too much. I could build up the sides of the cushion, and make a new patterns for them, but they still wont have the support there.

Just wondering if anyone has done this swap...Im wanting to know on how well they fit in the Tona.

Tonatom
06-28-2008, 08:21 AM
What the hell is a GTC sebring? (you mean lebaron??) Sebrings starting in 95-96 with 2 dr LX and 2 dr LXi's and 2 Dr JXi's and 4 dr Sebring Touring. There was not a GTC made.

Spoolin'Canuck
06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
What the hell is a GTC sebring? (you mean lebaron??) Sebrings starting in 95-96 with 2 dr LX and 2 dr LXi's and 2 Dr JXi's and 4 dr Sebring Touring. There was not a GTC made.

Pretty sure the Sebring started in 02, and there are GTCs.. Maybe we dodn't get them in Canuck-Land. But, I remember them when I lived in the States..

JDAWG
06-29-2008, 10:17 AM

quit being a douchebag and acting like you know, sebrings started in 96 or 97 and there was a GTC model that started in 02

JDAWG
06-29-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2001/sebring-convertible.html

interesting

turbokid
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM
The seats with the seat belts built in suck
They lock up and are unusable until you break into the seat and unstick the stupid mechanism.
My dad is driving a sebring convertible right now from our yard(salvage yard + dealer lisence = free cars to drive) and that sucker had that stupid problem and we couldn't buy new seats cause all those seats had the same issues

SebringLX
06-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Original Sebring Coupe = 95-00 and it was a re-skinned Eclipse. There was also a convirtible based on the Stratus/Cirrus/Breeze Sedan platform.
01-06 Sebring came in Coupe, Sedan, and Convertible.

Sedan and Convertrible share the same Chrysler platform, the Coupe again was a re-skinned Eclipse.

The 2nd gen (01-06) were available in GTC trim, can't remember what years it was available.

mike mckay
07-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I've got two Sebring convertibles, 1st and 2nd generation. I've never had a problem with the seats sticking on either one. I'm not sure if you are talking about the seat back or the power part.
I have seen these seats put in an A body (67-69) Barracuda convertible front and back.
I measured the seats and it looks like either Sebring seat bottom is the same or narrower than a front Daytona seat. Both Sebring seat backs from the floor up look to be 4 or 5 inches longer at first glance. Hope this helps.

Captain Chaos
07-12-2008, 09:51 PM
ANythings possible with a welder. I had Horizon seats in my Dakota, and yes, there were GTC badged Sebrings.