PDA

View Full Version : Phosphate 2.0 SBEC assembly code

quantum
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Ok, I finally had some time to work on this so here is Phosphate 2.0. I've run parts of this code on my CSX (recently sold :() and others have done a little testing of the VNT, T2, and 2.5 code. Most of the values are stock or close to it, the exception being the 2.5 code which is Rob's MP SBEC 2.5 code. Listed below are the features and switches:

Staging Mod: I've included a staging mod similar to the one in the LB60 code. It is enabled by default, but can be switched off by changing it's code switch to 0. The rpm limit is currently ~3400, this can be changed in chem or d-cal, the equation for the value is in the description. Also the speed is currently set to ~6 mph before it turns off.

Engine selection: There are two code switches which allow you to choose the 2.5, 2.2 VNT, or 2.2 T2.

Transmission selection: I wrote in a code switch for going between auto or manual trans. It makes the proper selections no matter which engine you compile for (this includes a VNT automatic...though I don't if it would work properly). The values are also in the .tbl files if you would like to change between the two with out recompiling the code.

Map selection: There is a code switch to pick a 2 or 3 bar map sensor. Also there are values are in the .tbl files so you can switch with out recompiling.

CE Knock flash: Rob's code for the check engine light on knock is written in and enabled by default. There is a field that can be changed in D-cal to turn it off.

VNT control: I included a code switch to add in modifications to help control the VNT turbo, help prevent over boost, and stop boost spike.

The injector scaling in Chem2 works properly as well as the other fueling lines I believe. Make sure you read the readme file and look over all the settings before you try the code. Defaults are as follows: Staging mod on, 2.2l, T2, 33lb injectors, MTX, 2-bar. The boost limit on the 2.2 side is stock and the MP value for the 2.5. If you have any questions or issues please let me know.

jckrieger
06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I assume this is for the 90-91 SBEC cars? If so, your hard work is greatly appreciated! This software will be perfect for when we convert the Rampage over to a 3 bar, +40% 2.5L. It's running 90 SBEC electronics.

-Clark

quantum
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
I assume this is for the 90-91 SBEC cars? If so, your hard work is greatly appreciated! This software will be perfect for when we convert the Rampage over to a 3 bar, +40% 2.5L. It's running 90 SBEC electronics.

-Clark

Yes, the 90-91 SBEC 1 turbo cars (also the 89 CSX). Thanks

jckrieger
06-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Now, if we can only get a turbo 3 calibration that is easy to edit! I'd like to put a set of +20's in my 91 R/T and give it a few more lbs of boost with no torque management.

ShelGame
06-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Now, if we can only get a turbo 3 calibration that is easy to edit! I'd like to put a set of +20's in my 91 R/T and give it a few more lbs of boost with no torque management.

Sorry for the off-topic - What's 'torque management' ?

I do have a nearly complete T3 source file. It's not ready for release yet. But, I've been looking at the boost control code and there are some interesting differences from the earlier code. I've never heard of this 'torque management' thing before. Might be what I'm looking at?

jckrieger
06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
What I call "torque management" is when the ECM controls boost at various engine conditions to make sure the engine never produces more torque than a certain value. The early turbo cars had primitive torque management to save the a525 from a torque peak, and my Spirit feels like it is held back as well.

The SRT4's have an advanced boost control scheme that attemps to keep horsepower constant at varying ambient conditions. I don't call that torque management because it's not specifically designed to keep torque below a certain level to save driveline components.

ShelGame
06-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Again, sorry for the off-topic - There are many tables to decide boost based on given conditions. But it's not really to save driveline parts (at least in the R/T). There is a little oddity, though. The boost tables call up ~11psi max, but there is an other function that allows a constant 12psi based on very specific conditions (I forget now what they were). It seemed to me that 11psi was the 'normal' boost target while 12psi would be allowed for short durations under certain conidtions. 1psi is not a huge difference to be sure.

OK back to topic...

quantum
08-21-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm working on a hot restart issue with the 2.2 side of this cal that occurs only when the injectors are scaled larger than +20. As soon as I have it nailed down I will post a new version.

quantum
08-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I've got the issue resolved. I'm just tweaking a bit trying to keep the idle at proper stoic and get the decel rpm to drop properly. Will post up the new version soon.

Aries_Turbo
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
what was the problem?

Brian

quantum
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
what was the problem?

Brian

Couple tables, FuelStartingFromEngineTemp1 and FuelStartDecayIntoRun. When scaled for +40 injectors the car would have a very hard time hot starting and when scaled for 72lb injectors the signal was so small that a car couldn't start at room temp. I removed the first table from scaling and the car runs well with a lean idle, with the second table unscaled it runs well with a rich idle. I'm trying to find a happy medium with that FuelStartDecayIntoRun where the car idles at stoic and restarts well; I may have to leave it out of the injector scaling and write some short instructions on how to scale it seperatly. I'm also looking into a high rpm on decel issue Sean ran into with those giant 72# injectors (I think I found that issue, I'll know soon).

Aries_Turbo
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
cool.

Brian

Aries_Turbo
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
cool.

Brian

87glhs232
09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
OK, I finally got around to burning a chip for my Daytona. It is a 91, formerly 2.5 t1 auto, now 2.2 t2 manual. Socketed a 90 VNT SBEC, downloaded Phosphate 2....set the switches for 2.2 T2 man w/o staging.

Using an M87C257 chip and a Willem Dual Power burner. The chip wrote just fine. Install it in the SBEC and give it a try. It started right up...yay! However I am getting codes I never had before. 13, 25, 34, 41 and 53. Runs poopy.. actually will barely run...I'm guessing because of the 13 (MAP). 25 could be because it never did idle correctly during the test (due to 13). 34 should have no effect on anything at the moment. No idea why the 41 came up. 53 must be because of check sum???

Anyhow...when I put the stock 2.5 auto sbec in I don't get any of those codes.... thoughts? I will be double checking plumbing and such today. But why I get them on one SBEC and not the other... IDK.

zin
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Again, sorry for the off-topic - There are many tables to decide boost based on given conditions. But it's not really to save driveline parts (at least in the R/T). There is a little oddity, though. The boost tables call up ~11psi max, but there is an other function that allows a constant 12psi based on very specific conditions (I forget now what they were). It seemed to me that 11psi was the 'normal' boost target while 12psi would be allowed for short durations under certain conditions. 1psi is not a huge difference to be sure.

OK back to topic...

The 90 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo, had such a limit in the cal, the 4-speed auto wasn't the strongest at the time so they limited the amount of boost to clip the torque curve and keep it well within the limits of the trans, that's one of the reasons those cars responded so well to a cal change. If ChryCo was concerned about reliability, of the trans used with the TIII, it would make sense for them to so something similar. It also had the effect of making the car not feel "peaky" when accelerating, it just kept pulling the same up to a point.

Mike

quantum
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
OK, I finally got around to burning a chip for my Daytona. It is a 91, formerly 2.5 t1 auto, now 2.2 t2 manual. Socketed a 90 VNT SBEC, downloaded Phosphate 2....set the switches for 2.2 T2 man w/o staging.

Using an M87C257 chip and a Willem Dual Power burner. The chip wrote just fine. Install it in the SBEC and give it a try. It started right up...yay! However I am getting codes I never had before. 13, 25, 34, 41 and 53. Runs poopy.. actually will barely run...I'm guessing because of the 13 (MAP). 25 could be because it never did idle correctly during the test (due to 13). 34 should have no effect on anything at the moment. No idea why the 41 came up. 53 must be because of check sum???

Anyhow...when I put the stock 2.5 auto sbec in I don't get any of those codes.... thoughts? I will be double checking plumbing and such today. But why I get them on one SBEC and not the other... IDK.

Strange never had anyone else with that issue. Try using the auto switch. Maybe because the harness is set up for an auto it is looking for information on different pins than with a manual. Also if you open the cal in D-Cal, check to recalcuate the check sum and save and close it the code 53 will go away.

inmyshadow
09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
How does one run your program? Through the command prompt?

I've gotten my 91 Shadow up and running again. Its time to start learning and playing with my cal again.

later

quantum
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
How does one run your program? Through the command prompt?

I've gotten my 91 Shadow up and running again. Its time to start learning and playing with my cal again.

later

No you will not need to go to command prompt. Just set the switches in the .asm file that pretain to your setup (read the directions) and double click the ASM2BIN.bat. That will create the .bin file. You can then use Chem or Dcal to edit the fuel, timing, etc (if you don't recalculate the check sum you will get code 53 I believe). Burn it to your chip and give it a run.

87glhs232
09-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Okay, after fixing some stupid mistakes....as far a vacuum lines are concerned, it works like a charm. I have been driving it for two weeks now and am REALLY happy with the cal as is. Thanks quantum! :clap::number1:

quantum
10-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Ok I posted up Phosphate 2.1. Not many changes just changed around the injector scaling for Chem2 a bit to stop a warm start issue with very large injectors only.

There is one caviate; it will idle a bit rich with large injectors (I'm talking 72# size) unless you manualy scale FuelStartDecayIntoRun at 20% less than the rate you scale the injectors. For 72# scaling the FuelStartDecayIntoRun table to the +40's (52#) level is about right. To find out the proper number here is the math: Take the current injectors (33 stock) and divide by the new injector size, subtract .2 from the answer, subtract the result from 1, and then multiply that by the current "out" number at that point, the answer is what the new out # should be. So that's (1-((oldinj/newinj)-.2)) x "out" = new "out". For example the first point for stock injectors is 24 out at 63.4 degrees; for 72# injectors you would take 33/72 (assuming going from stock), to get .45833333, then subtract .2 to get .258333333, subtract from 1 to get .741666666, then times the 24 to get 17.8 at 63.4 for the new point. Sorry this is so convoluted, but since it only affects idle for quite large injectors and Rob will be doing a Turbonator version for the SBEC soon I didn't want to put a lot of time in a seperate adjustment piece. If anyone has any questions let me know. Thanks.

Swart
07-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I get an error "The system cannot execute the specified program." while trying to run the ASM2BIN batch file.

Am I missing some compiler libraries, or...?

quantum
07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Runs fine on XP. What OS are you running?

Swart
08-04-2010, 10:13 AM
XP as well.

quantum
08-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I just downloaded it, unzipped it, and ran it again with no issues. Make sure everything is in the same folder. It can take a min or two to run as well.