PDA

View Full Version : Lower front facia / bumper cover for 86 Laser XE

JohnnyLightning86
03-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Needing a lower front facia for an 86 Laser XE. This is not the same as the stock N/A piece. Will soon be starting an auto paint & body class and the Laser will be my project.

Thanks,
Mike

JohnnyLightning86
04-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Please, does anyone know of or have a front bumper cover for a Laser XE? My paint & body course starts in 3 weeks and I would like to have one by then.

JeremyL
04-01-2006, 02:46 AM
I may have spotted one north of town, from the highway I can't tell if it's a daytona or laser. I'll pop out there sometime in the next few days & see what I can find out about it.

85shelbycharger
04-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure they're different, but not positive...but would the nose from a Daytona Turbo Z be sufficient?

Turbodave
04-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Like this?

http://www.boostbarn.com/MVC-083F.JPG

I've got the nose/facia off this 86 Laser XE, it's in good shape, has a few scratches, but no tears or other damage that I can remember. Bottom of it is nice as well. I can get more pictures if your interested. It's a pretty bulky part so it would have to be freight shipped to get down to TX. I would probably have to build a crate for it as well so $150 plus shipping is my asking price.

JohnnyLightning86
04-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Like this?

http://www.boostbarn.com/MVC-083F.JPG

I've got the nose/facia off this 86 Laser XE, it's in good shape, has a few scratches, but no tears or other damage that I can remember. Bottom of it is nice as well. I can get more pictures if your interested. It's a pretty bulky part so it would have to be freight shipped to get down to TX. I would probably have to build a crate for it as well so $150 plus shipping is my asking price.

Thanks for the responses guys,

The one on my car is in horrible shape - half of the bottom of it is missing and it is beat up pretty bad. Even though you have to look closely to tell. A complete one will be much better for a new paint job.

Dave,
$150 is fine. Does the other side look as good? Is the bottom of it in decent shape? I'll definitely take it unless the one Jeremy spotted is in good shape and is a Laser front end. Jeremy lives only about an hour away from me so that might be a little easier for both of us. If he does not respond within the week, I will then go with the one you have because I am needing it very soon for my class project.

Patrick,
I already have a Daytona front end I can use, but I would prefer the Laser front end just so it matches the rest of the car. Plus I like the smoother look any way.

Thanks again,
Mike

JeremyL
04-03-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll definitely take it unless the one Jeremy spotted is in good shape and is a Laser front end. Jeremy lives only about an hour away from me so that might be a little easier for both of us. If he does not respond within the week, I will then go with the one you have because I am needing it very soon for my class project.

Thanks again,
Mike

I'll drive out that way later on this afternoon & check it out. I would have done it over the weekend but I hit the Greenville swap meet saturday, and yesterday was spent recovering from too much sun me thinks.

85shelbycharger
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Patrick,
I already have a Daytona front end I can use, but I would prefer the Laser front end just so it matches the rest of the car. Plus I like the smoother look any way.

Thats cool, I was just lookin to give you another option if you needed it :thumb:

Turbodave
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the responses guys,

The one on my car is in horrible shape - half of the bottom of it is missing and it is beat up pretty bad. Even though you have to look closely to tell. A complete one will be much better for a new paint job.

Dave,
$150 is fine. Does the other side look as good? Is the bottom of it in decent shape? I'll definitely take it unless the one Jeremy spotted is in good shape and is a Laser front end. Jeremy lives only about an hour away from me so that might be a little easier for both of us. If he does not respond within the week, I will then go with the one you have because I am needing it very soon for my class project.

Just shoot me a PM if you end up needing it and we'll figure out how to get it to you. I'll probably be up at my storage building in the next day or two so I'll snap some pictures of the bottom side. If I recall correctly it's got a big piece on the bottom the covers back to the core support with two square holes in it so you can access the light bulbs.

Here's a pic of the other side:
http://www.boostbarn.com/nose_left.JPG

and the whole car it came off can be seen here:
http://www.boostbarn.com/86laserxe.html

JohnnyLightning86
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Just shoot me a PM if you end up needing it and we'll figure out how to get it to you. I'll probably be up at my storage building in the next day or two so I'll snap some pictures of the bottom side. If I recall correctly it's got a big piece on the bottom the covers back to the core support with two square holes in it so you can access the light bulbs.

and the whole car it came off can be seen here:
http://www.boostbarn.com/86laserxe.html

Man if you weren't so far away I'd buy the whole car from you. I could use other parts from that car. I am amazed at how good the leather door covers are. Are you parting the car out?

Thanks,
Mike

Turbodave
04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Man if you weren't so far away I'd buy the whole car from you. I could use other parts from that car. I am amazed at how good the leather door covers are. Are you parting the car out?

Thanks,
Mike

The car is long gone, parted it out a few years ago. Was hit pretty hard in the back and really rotten underneath, the 525 was locked up and it had no title. The shop I got it from was using it as a dumpster, It took me 5 weeks of filling my trash can with garbage out of it just to get at the interior.

I do still have the door panels if your interested, may be able to package them with the nose...

JeremyL
04-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I went & checked out that car north of town. It's an 86 Daytona turbo, no motor, torn up fascia, and the guy said he'd have to get at least 600 for it to sell it.

JohnnyLightning86
04-03-2006, 10:24 PM
The car is long gone, parted it out a few years ago. Was hit pretty hard in the back and really rotten underneath, the 525 was locked up and it had no title. The shop I got it from was using it as a dumpster, It took me 5 weeks of filling my trash can with garbage out of it just to get at the interior.

I do still have the door panels if your interested, may be able to package them with the nose...

Okay Dave,
It's a deal. How much more do you want for the door panels? Are they still in good shape? How do you want to make arrangements? I think I bought something from you before - I think it was the SDAC 12 video, since my 86 Turbo Z was in the footage of the cruise night.

Thanks
Mike

JohnnyLightning86
04-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I went & checked out that car north of town. It's an 86 Daytona turbo, no motor, torn up fascia, and the guy said he'd have to get at least 600 for it to sell it.

Thanks for checking that out for me Jeremy. Hope to repay the favor some time.

Mike

Turbodave
04-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Okay Dave,
It's a deal. How much more do you want for the door panels? Are they still in good shape? How do you want to make arrangements? I think I bought something from you before - I think it was the SDAC 12 video, since my 86 Turbo Z was in the footage of the cruise night.

Thanks
Mike

I'll take a better look at the nose and door panels on Thursday for you, I'm off work and will be up at the storage building. Yup, that was me selling the SDAC-12 video for the Chicagoland SDAC, haven't watched that one in a while...

banger68
04-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I believe in 86 the XE has the same front fascia as the XT. So you should be able to expand your search to 85 and 86 XT's. The 85 XE is different.

Turbodave
04-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I believe in 86 the XE has the same front fascia as the XT. So you should be able to expand your search to 85 and 86 XT's. The 85 XE is different.

That sounds correct, I've got a facia from an 85 XE as well, and it's very different from the one off the 86 XE.

JohnnyLightning86
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I'll take a better look at the nose and door panels on Thursday for you, I'm off work and will be up at the storage building. Yup, that was me selling the SDAC-12 video for the Chicagoland SDAC, haven't watched that one in a while...

Thanks Dave. I look forward to hearing from you. Looking at that nose piece, it looks to me like that is in two pieces - lower part that wraps around the front from tire to tire, then the upper part that includes the headlights and grille. Can you confirm that? Because if nothing more, I mainly need the lower part which I believe includes the black molding that is held in place by the side markers. I know for sure on the Daytona that it is one big piece. But on the Laser it looks more like it is in two pieces. In fact, it may even be 4 pieces if the side molding with the markers is a piece by itself which I need as well because on one side the black molding next to the side marker has chunk missing out of it.