PDA

View Full Version : SDAC18 = Great Time

JamesL
06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I wanted to thank Barry, the hosting chapter and the entire SDAC staff for an incredible event. This was definitely a five star experience that has raised the bar in many categories. I don't know any of the numbers but from what I saw, it had to come close to either setting or matching some previous records. We had a GREAT time! The low stress approach combined with a well planned and executed event left a lasting impression that we won't soon forget. Its definitely a completely different and agreeable experience to simply participate as a member. Doing so helped me to better understand what the SDAC staff is sacrificing for our benefit. Myself, Cindy and Barry were able to have some quality face time from which we can all look forward to a relationship of continued cooperation and friendship. We are looking forward to Cincy and are happy to help in any way we can. Thanks again Barry for an incredibly satisfying experience during our family vacation.:thumb:

sdac guy
06-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I wanted to thank Barry, the hosting chapter and the entire SDAC staff for an incredible event. This was definitely a five star experience that has raised the bar in many categories. I don't know any of the numbers but from what I saw, it had to come close to either setting or matching some previous records. We had a GREAT time! The low stress approach combined with a well planned and executed event left a lasting impression that we won't soon forget. Its definitely a completely different and agreeable experience to simply participate as a member. Doing so helped me to better understand what the SDAC staff is sacrificing for our benefit. Myself, Cindy and Barry were able to have some quality face time from which we can all look forward to a relationship of continued cooperation and friendship. We are looking forward to Cincy and are happy to help in any way we can. Thanks again Barry for an incredibly satisfying experience during our family vacation.:thumb:I'm glad you & Cindy enjoyed yourselves and I was sorry to see you leave after the dragstrip. I'm also delighted that both of you came over to talk to me on Monday. I did make an announcement at the awards ceremony regarding our new alliance. I guess the "group hug" will have to wait for another year. :lol:

Barry

dodgeshadowchik
06-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I agree! This event was AWESOME! I don't think I've had so much fun in a very long time! I want to thank everyone who was involved in putting this event together! You all did a spectactular job! This was my first SDAC event.... and I hope to make it to as many as possible!!!!!

turbovanmanČ
06-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Good to hear guys, :grouphug:

I'll have to make it back one year, :thumb:

overlordsshadow
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Just registered for SDAC:)

raccoon
06-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I wanted to thank Barry, the hosting chapter and the entire SDAC staff for an incredible event. This was definitely a five star experience that has raised the bar in many categories. I don't know any of the numbers but from what I saw, it had to come close to either setting or matching some previous records. We had a GREAT time! The low stress approach combined with a well planned and executed event left a lasting impression that we won't soon forget. Its definitely a completely different and agreeable experience to simply participate as a member. Doing so helped me to better understand what the SDAC staff is sacrificing for our benefit. Myself, Cindy and Barry were able to have some quality face time from which we can all look forward to a relationship of continued cooperation and friendship. We are looking forward to Cincy and are happy to help in any way we can. Thanks again Barry for an incredibly satisfying experience during our family vacation.:thumb:

with that kind of review im going to have to drive my shadow down next year, we could place bets weather it makes it or not. :thumb:

John B
06-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I may even bring my Shadow next time. It has to make a boat trip first.:)

BadAssPerformance
06-26-2008, 07:57 AM
+1, SDAC-18 Ruled! :thumb:

Cannot wait for SDAC-19!

Blue Iroc R/T
06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
+1 on a very well orgainzed event. I think Barry's team picked a Class Host Hotel and negotiated a very nice price. That Breakfast coupon was a nice Bonus. I enjoyed meeting everyone that I got to chat with, and I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet and chat with everyone. I had a great time and wish I could have stayed for the entire event.
Thanks to everyone involved. And Alan, I hope your hand heals quickly. :thumb:

MiniMopar
06-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Big +1 to that. Had an awesome time at both tracks and in between! :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
06-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I had a fantastic time (though I am getting an X-ray today of my kung foo grip hand, thanks for the title Clay;)) I think having a cantelope sized throbbing paw took a little of the party-till-you-puke spirit out of me but I still managed a buzz or two;).

One thing that stuck with me is how generous the SDAC members are. Need a beer? Here, have two:thumb: I was offered (and accepted if you twisted the top off for me:o) beers I'd never even heard of:eyebrows: Need help installing a nitrous kit or rotating tires, bunch of folks jumped in! Just random folks were handing out BBQ's burgers, dogs, Kabobs-whatever:thumb: Because I flew and didn't have a chair or a 'camp' I was offered a place to sit and chill out with like ten different groups each night:grouphug:. Heck Tim found an extension cord hanging out of the Marriot sign and was blending up tasty Margueritas and handing them all around:thumb:

I'm not really able to adequately describe the feeling of community spirit that prevailed but it really was like one big family of enthusiasts! People at SDAC 18 ruled:amen:.

BTW, pm me if I promised to look for a part or something for any of you. I remember a few, CSX rockers for Billy, weather strip for Scotty... there were a few more and the beer made them a little jumbled in my head...

Turbodave
06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
It was an awesome time again, we've got a great group of people.

When Angelo's car started knocking there was a lot of teamwork to tear it apart and swap a rod bearing. Everyone worked through what would have been lunch time, and the Ruthie shows up with burgers and brats from the SV-SDAC grill just as it's getting buttoned back up, couldn't have been better timing. Was just one of the many moments during the event that made me feel proud to be an SDAC member and an SDAC-18 participant.

overlordsshadow
06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
So..... How many women were at this event? Bringing mine next year, sadly have to stop at the mall of america though:(

2.216VTurbo
06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey TurboDave, was one of the other proud moments at the drags when you put Angelo out of the brackets:lol:? You know, the guy that almost always runs his EXACT dial in with an .001 light:thumb: Nothing against you Angelo but we all wait till you pull MatchBox into the lanes, then pull in behind you;)

Turbodave
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey TurboDave, was one of the other proud moments at the drags when you put Angelo out of the brackets:lol:? You know, the guy that almost always runs his EXACT dial in with an .001 light:thumb: Nothing against you Angelo but we all wait till you pull MatchBox into the lanes, then pull in behind you;)

While I was amazed that I got Angelo to redlight against me, I didn't want to see him break his car. If only he would have known I was still tuning my car and that I was running at least a full second over my dail in.

MiniMopar
06-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Did he make it back OK with his un-knocking motor and used rod bearings? Leave it to Dave to have a tall block motor in his truck ten feet from where Larry was tearing into Matchbox's block. :thumb:

85shelbycharger
06-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Yep, I definitely had a great time! It was really nice catching up with everybody plus making some new friends - Cindy and James, Troy, Kyle, Uncle Denny, Ralph, Minnesota Steve, Greg, Jay and the rest of the Buckeye guys, Alan, Hollywood Hoagie and Top Fuel Bender, Mike, Ruthie, Josh & Rampage, Alex, Dave, Pat & Jason...wow I could sit here and type all day long. Thanks for a very enjoyable weekend though, for sure. :thumb:

ShelGame
07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Did he make it back OK with his un-knocking motor and used rod bearings? Leave it to Dave to have a tall block motor in his truck ten feet from where Larry was tearing into Matchbox's block. :thumb:

He left me a phone message that he did indeed make it back to Indiana with no problems, cruising at 75+mph...

Hey Dave, thanks for the tall deck, too. I got it dismantled finally today.

ATaylorRacing
07-06-2008, 11:12 PM
While I was amazed that I got Angelo to redlight against me, I didn't want to see him break his car. If only he would have known I was still tuning my car and that I was running at least a full second over my dail in.

I would have red lighted against ANYBODY on that pass....I do not know how to back off the tree!:o

The biggest test for Matchbox was trying to keep up with James Reeves and John Fleck as they towed back to the host hotel.....there was a couple of times that I took it up to 90 to catch up......the 75 mph cruise home was restful on it compared to that.:nod:

I showed those bearings to the speed shop that once in a great while does my work and even though they were going onto their 3rd year they were toast. He said that nearly all the oil brands have removed zinc from the oil and there are starting to be lots of scuffing issues on lots of motors. He said there is no trouble with Mobile 1 and other large name brand oils.....I guess I need to switch to Castrol now instead of Meijer, O' Reilly, Advance, Auto Zone...etc:(

Again many thanks to Rob (Shel-Game) Lloyd, Larry (rwd p-body) Bufford, and Brad (I've got a woody) Pennington. Brad is going to put in all new bearings and a freshened up head that was used on the first two 2.2s that was in there. :hail: It has 250,000 miles on it and a Lambros 500 lift cam. It is getting milled .010, a valve job, new seals, and guides. The 2.5 in it now had been given me with 235,000 miles on it...old Matchbox now has over 267,000 miles.:love:

2.216VTurbo
07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Castrol?? Shell Rotella T, cheap and loaded with Zinc. Diesel oil...