PDA

View Full Version : csx vnt check engine light

bluneon
06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
i don't know what code # this is but my drb shows:

slow change in idle
map sensor signal

what the crap does that mean? when i first got this code, i cleared it. test drove the car some more and this same code popped up again, which means it's a hard fault. clearing it over and over isn't going to fix it.

this is the only code.

thanks.

bluneon
06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
i don't have a powertrain diag manual specific to this car, but the other ones i have show that i need to replace the map sensor after going through the flow charts. i did just that and it must have been a cheapo chinese one because i'm still getting that code, and only that code.

i guess i'll try one from ma mopar and hope for the best.

bluneon
08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
more details if it'll help:

the car had a frankenstein drivetrain in it before i bought it; wrong motor, wrong turbo, wrong head, wrong trans.

i have since replaced EVERYTHING for factory correct parts. the sbec is correct for the vehicle as well as (as i believe) the electrical harnesses.

the vacuum harness is another story; the motor was a turbo nonCB, cast 2.2l crank with a 782 slider cammed head and mitsu turbo that powered a 520. yeah, puuuure 110% hackage if you ask me. the oil sending unit was incorrect so they left it unplugged, and cut one of the wires. it was no wonder why the pressure indicator in the dash never lit up!:yuck:

the hackers who frankensteined it out had to hack up the original vacuum harness to get the hack job to work. so when i reverted the car back to it's factory state i had to pull a one-off on the vacuum harness. the one running the hack-train was hacked up pretty bad.

the sticker under the hood is pretty difficult to decern when i attempted to run the lines. what helped quite a bit was that i had a daytona shelby vnt sitting around that i stole most of it's harness from. but i still attempted to run the lines the best that i could.

so that's where i believe my problem lies.

i'm going to have to double check my vacuum lines but NOT by referancing the underhood sticker. i'm gonna need to request whoever has ANY pictures of their VNT powered veh to throw some pictures of their vacuum lines at me. that's a tall order considering that i need to trace their vacuum lines in real time rather than from picture to picture. there aren't too many of these cars around and original vacuum lines are not in too good of shape after 20 years.

unless someone can expain how the lines should be rounted on here?

bluneon
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
nvm, figured it out.

thanks.:amen: