PDA

View Full Version : gabriel air shocks?

93sundance
03-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Are gabriel air shocks any good? They go up to 160 psi. I want air shocks but they have to be stiffer than my KYB gas a just. The reason I want air shocks is so I can pump up one shock stiffer than the other to transfer weight to the passenger side front tire during a launch. What do you think guys? Is 160 psi enough?

Josh

Bob Sweet
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Should be more than enough.

GLHNSLHT2
03-14-2006, 01:43 AM
how much are they? Where'd you get them? I need a set for my new yorker to give it that level grandma ride it should have :) right now it sags a bit even with fairly new replacement regular shocks and the pump likes to run a lot.

JDAWG
03-14-2006, 09:51 AM
ebay, napa, autozone, advanced auto, any auto parts

JDAWG
03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
how much are they? Where'd you get them? I need a set for my new yorker to give it that level grandma ride it should have :) right now it sags a bit even with fairly new replacement regular shocks and the pump likes to run a lot.
did you put in factory air shocks or just regular shocks? if you put in regular shocks that is why it sags cause it has really soft springs, you need to swap in spring from something that didnt have air shocks from the factory. That would also explain why your pump runs because it is pump ai into nothing. If you put in factorry air shocks and the pump runs alot then you have an air leak in one of the hoses, gabriel shocks wont solve this either

BadAssPerformance
03-14-2006, 02:21 PM
I have gabriel air shocks on the back of my Z but cannot pump them up past ~50 psi or they start lifting off the rear springs and the car starts to look gay.

GLHNSLHT2
03-14-2006, 10:58 PM
did you put in factory air shocks or just regular shocks? if you put in regular shocks that is why it sags cause it has really soft springs, you need to swap in spring from something that didnt have air shocks from the factory. That would also explain why your pump runs because it is pump ai into nothing. If you put in factorry air shocks and the pump runs alot then you have an air leak in one of the hoses, gabriel shocks wont solve this either

Maybe my post wasn't clear. I know why it sags. Someone put regular shocks in the back and ripped out the hoses but left the pump. Yeah the springs make my shelbyZ factory springs look like Eibachs :) It' doesn't sag that bad (barely tell when it's empty) till you put 2 people back there.

I just wanted a price and location on the gabriel air shocks and if they would be good replacements for the stock air shocks that are supposed to be on the car. What's everyone using for air line? The clear nylon stuff found at Homie Depot?

BadAssPerformance
03-15-2006, 01:16 AM
What's everyone using for air line? The clear nylon stuff found at Homie Depot?

I'm using two of the kits sold by Gabriel. Each hose kit is designed to have the two (left and right) 'T'ed together but I wanted to adjust them individually so I have one schrader valve on each hose independant of eachother.

JDAWG
03-15-2006, 11:48 AM
http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=NS&PartNumber=MA784&Description=Air+Shock+Kit+-+Rear

airline and fittings www.suicidedoors.com or www.grainger.com

JDAWG
03-15-2006, 11:55 AM
http://www.suicidedoors.com/AirLine(DOT).php

GLHNSLHT2
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks Jdawg. Least with a part # I can get a price. Those look real nice too.