PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 88 CSX-T As Is

jckrieger
06-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Pics and info are in the following thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=331244#post331244

Anonymous_User has first dibs

Turbokid has second

For those who don't want to read the posts in the link above, I'll give a summary of the car:

The car has no engine or trans installed. The original shortblock is sitting on a pallet and needs to be cleaned and re-ringed (motor was rebuilt, but shop broke a piston ring upon installation so it used oil). The original a520 works ok, but it could use a 2nd gear stop ring. I have some spare brass parts from my 87 A520 that I can send with the car. As far as other underhood stuff goes, you have to open the hood with a string because the cable to release the hood latch stretched and needs to be replaced. Also, the safety latch needs to be reinstalled since it interfered with the intercooler that I installed (Freightliner).

The interior has about 20K miles on it, but needs to be cleaned since the car sat for the last 2-3 years in my barn. I repaired the underbody rust, so for those who look up this car's history, the floor no longer has holes in it.

All the parts are included with the car to make it complete, minus the Lemans wheels. The wheels may be purchased seperately, but I'd rather not dismount the Kumho Victoracers from them for fear of damaging the tires upon removal. I'm also not sure I have a 100% known good working Mitsu turbo.

Anyway, I'd like to get $900 for the car with your choice of crab, pumper, or pizza wheels on it.

The best way to contact me is via email (jckrieger(at)gmail.com).

Anonymous_User
06-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Just to keep the waiting list informed. . . My brother has had me looking for a CSXT for a while now. I need to contact him and give him the information on this car. Since we work different shifts and live in different towns, it is sometimes hard for us to get in touch. As soon as I speak to him in the next couple of days, I will let the seller know.

WickedShelby88
06-23-2008, 01:11 AM
that car is pretty clean. Wished I had known you would sell it as I would have been all over it in early may.. Doh!

Anonymous_User
06-25-2008, 02:44 AM
Astonishingly my brother wishes to pass on this one. He recently incurred some expenses due to the flooding. This car definitely needs a home where it will be restored. One of the better deals on a solid CSXT I've seen in a long time.

turbokid
06-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Well if I can get my convert sold you might have a buyer =)

trannybuster
06-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Well I sure couldnt find any pics..Id drive out there and get it if its solid.
I got what, 3rd dibs!!???

slagpurebreed@gmail.com for those pics.

BadAssPerformance
06-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Clark, maybe post to the SDAC-CL list too?

jckrieger
06-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Clark, maybe post to the SDAC-CL list too?

JT,

I think I posted this car on the list a couple years ago for like $600 and never got a response. I'll try again, as sometimes people change their minds...

BadAssPerformance
06-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Things change in a couple years... :thumb:

jckrieger
06-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Things change in a couple years... :thumb:

Yes they do! Luckily our incomes are increasing with inflation, but the value of our cars is relatively constant. At this rate, in another 10 years, a mint Daytona Shelby for $3,000 will actually cost $1500 in "year 2000" dollars.

BadAssPerformance
06-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Damn, you mean my pile of broken '87 p-bodies is not appreciating!? :D

1FastCSX289
06-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I would be interested in the wiring harness and computer from this car if you decide you would like to part with it seperately. I will send you a PM with an offer.

jckrieger
06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Damn, you mean my pile of broken '87 p-bodies is not appreciating!? :D

Well, soon they'll be worth $600 a piece in scrap, so they're appreciating in that respect :).

Personally, I'm not sure how much the T cars are going to be worth, but I see the "originals" being worth something in the future. When was the last time you saw an 83 Shelby Charger that wasn't hacked up? I'm not sure I can say I've ever seen one, even at SDAC.

BadAssPerformance
06-29-2008, 12:29 PM
'83 HO?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/805/100_4980.JPG

turbokid
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I got a buddy with an 83 Sc with the carb!
He just has an exhaust and some head work

ljbprrfmof
06-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I really think the numbered Shelby cars will see significant increase in value in the future. I would try to keep all of your CSXT specific parts on the car and wait for the right buyer who wants to restore it. You can get your price if you are patient.

As I have posted over at TD, advertising it in a community that prides itself on bragging about the bargains they have found, is not the best way to get top dollar for a car. These cars have value.

Two years ago, I had my CSXT advertised on Autotrader. I had serious buyers for it in the $5000.00 range. I had it priced at $8495.00. It was all together and running, but had some issues.

I do not think your $2000.00 goal is out of line, but I would make sure that the Lemans wheels were with the car at the time of delvery.

There are enthusiasts for the car that are not involved with these forums. You just need to wait for them to find your advertisement.

At the NW PA Mopar car show on the 1st of June, a fellow from western NY had pure stock Charger GLHS that was very nice. You would be surprised what you will run across when you get out of your normal travel patterns.

WickedShelby88
06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I know someone with a couple CSX-T's just right now is not the right time. That sunroof looks pretty good in the car. I'd hate to see it parted. I'd rather have the roof.

jckrieger
06-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh, here's the deal. I'm going to finish installing the hardwood floor in my half bath, then I'm going to install a drivetrain in the CSX-T and probably fix the scratch in the paint. What happens after that, I don't know. All I know is I won't be videotaping myself smashing in the sheet metal and sawzalling the car in half, and I won't be disassembling the car I just put a drivetrain into. If I'm feeling ambitious, I may reassemble my 71 Cub Cadet 149 before working on the CSX-T as well.

WickedShelby88
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
lol, sounds like its potentially going to be a good deal then.

jckrieger
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Sale pending... it's between Trannybuster and Paul Fosen right now. I guess whoever makes travel plans and/or sends deposit first "wins". I'll keep the list updated if things change.

-Clark

jckrieger
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Paul is coming to look at the car either tonight or after we're back from vacation. If Paul doesn't buy the car as-is, I will be re-listing the car at a later date in a different condition.

-Clark

jckrieger
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Well, Today Paul came over and helped me put a drivetrain back in the car. We got the engine/trans bolted together, in the car, along with the axles and AC. Still gotta install the exhaust, hoses, and all the little stuff, but the car is officially sold!

Paul,

It was nice having some help getting the car back on the road! I hope the car serves you well as it did for me. I'll keep an eye out for parts and make a pile for the next time we meet up!

blk86trbo
07-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Well, Today Paul came over and helped me put a drivetrain back in the car. We got the engine/trans bolted together, in the car, along with the axles and AC. Still gotta install the exhaust, hoses, and all the little stuff, but the car is officially sold!

Paul,

It was nice having some help getting the car back on the road! I hope the car serves you well as it did for me. I'll keep an eye out for parts and make a pile for the next time we meet up!

Thanks Clark! Had a great time talking about Dodges and Cub Cadets while we worked on the CSXT. I'll get things finished up on it as soon as I can and make a list of the stuff it still needs...should be a great car and suit me perfectly driving to work.

Thanks again and good luck filling that awesome Morton building with turbo cars and parts!

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2008, 02:59 AM
Cool to keep the car local guys :thumb:

ljbprrfmof
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Cool Beans! Now all we need to do is find someone to buy the 87 CSX in Allentown, PA. guy on td.com is tired of waiting for an offer and plans to part it out.

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Cool Beans! Now all we need to do is find someone to buy the 87 CSX in Allentown, PA. guy on td.com is tired of waiting for an offer and plans to part it out.

Dude, I cannot go there, but would love to see info on it. Can you send him here or send him my info or something in any way that wont get you in trouble over there?

blk86trbo
07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Dude, I cannot go there, but would love to see info on it. Can you send him here or send him my info or something in any way that wont get you in trouble over there?

Wait a second JT...you got a red 90 Shadow here with your name written all over it!

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2008, 06:50 PM
LOL, yes I do... I WANT THEM ALL! :D LOL!

ljbprrfmof
07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
from TD.com
A CSX-T needing to be sold in a hurry in South Maryland

NO REAASONABLE OFFER REFUSED!!!!

ASKING $3500 O.B.R.O.

CSX-T #344
263,732 original miles
engine, and trans out... BUT CAN BE REINSTALLED, AND FIRED UP WITH LITTLE EFFORT!! Probably within the next week or two @ this point...

New/used head just installed, and a new/used roller cam with a NEW Mopar Performance headgasket.

Have intercooler, and hoses (FOR CONVERSION)

ALSO HAVE O-Ringed FM Enforcer II Block (FRESH MACHINING)... Needs Pistons... .30 over... (engine mostly complete just needs pistons)

ALL THIS COMES TOGETHER FOR ONE LOW LOW PRICE!

The car itself has some stuff done... New brakes all the way around, rear park shoes as well... aftermarket wheels, and tires... new KYB shocks, and struts, both front axles (reman)... Completely custom 2.5" exhaust with stainless tip... no cat, and no muffler just a resonator, but it still sounds good... not much louder than stock! Still have original exhaust as well stainless, and doesn't rust out like most) Stock 2.2L T1, A520 trans, (new clutch), Aftermarket Kenwood CD, OPTIMA Red-top Dry Cell battery, High CFM flexalite electric fan upgrade, NEW radiator, tinted windows, Autometer Phantom boost guage, Have Original wheels in the garage missing centercaps I may have one or 2 original caps, but I can't remember), Also has original rear deck emblem, steering wheel (painted anodized red), dash plaque, floor mats (fronts are showing wear, and drivers side is in very poor condition), have original Valve cover but one rear hole broken off right rear corner... Could be repaired though easily with someone who knows how to tig weld, I don't have the time. Front grill has been repaired, and painted so it's 100%, although from driving 2 years regularly is has redeveloped minor cracks abouve headlites, but not all the way through, Aftermarket Headlight Crystal Halogen upgrade, Interior looks great with 2 minor cigarette holes one in pass seat, and the other in rear seat bottom (almost unnoticeable really). I was thinking of selling her, and have decided to try, but I'm not pressed to unload her... She's not Perfect, but NO rust except in trunk area where spare tire goes, and wouldn't take much to upgrade, or put completely stock, and original... This car has NOT been CUT in any way... The flooreboards are solid as a rock! She's been my love for quite some time, never got to the status of my old SC (R.I.P. wherever she may be), and I just see her sitting in the shop all alone... I think it's time to give her a new home... She has been indoors for approx 6-8 months... Ran well till the day I tore her down (cracked head, but still ran... only smoked when idling awhile) A/C worked great till the compressor clutch gave up on me last summer, but everything still here, and in car... nothing has been removed... She NEVER let me down, and everything under the hood is original from this car... NEVER been appart this far EVER in her life... I know the original owner... I am the 4th owner... I bought her from friend who owned her since new, sold her, and bought her back 2 times before selling her to me... lol... Don't wanna let this one go, but then again I do, and could seriously use the duckets...

SHE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!!

I am a mechanic, NEVER do things half --- ( I take great pride in what I do for a living!!)... hence the reason she is sitting without just slapping a head on her, and driving her again.. That's really all she needs, but I dropped the motor to freshen up, and upgrade... 250K mile, and she still has the crosshatches in the cylinders!!!! Turbo has NO play, and is also original! Trans has never been apart, and again ORIGINAL! replaced the shift selector assembly on top when shaft broke, but THAT'S IT!

I live in southern maryland... 30 minutes SOUTH of DC...

I CAN EMAIL PICS OF ANYTHING!!! IF INTERESTED!!!

SQUIRRELMASTER87@HOTMAIL.COM

house# 5p.m.-8a.m. ---- 410-257-6676

cell# 8-5p.m. ---- 410-474-2229

ASK FOR JAMES---

__________________________________________________ ________________

and the Allentown car:

1st post.

Putting up me CSx for sale. Only mods are 3 inch exhaust, ploy motor mounts, braided steel turbo lines, +20 injectors. Car is in good shape body wise. Some rust by the e-brake cable.

Blows a little blue smoke on start up. Turbo spools good though. Runs rich because of the +20 injectors, and the stock LM. Needs stock injectors, or a boost controller. Has 107,*** miles. Currently not driving it, because I can't afford two cars on my insurance. Asking $2,000. It needs to go. If I cannot sell it out right I WILL be parting it out.

Pm me if you are interested.

user id Csx254

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0/Dscf0125.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Leeber2000/Dscf0125.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0/Dscf0122.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Leeber2000/Dscf0122.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0/Dscf0120.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Leeber2000/Dscf0120.jpg

When I previewed the post, the photobucket links did not work, so I put in the url's as they appeared in the address bar whein I opened the links.

I was hoping he had given some contact information in a subsequent post, but he didn't. detobias and 92spiritrt were in contact with him, they may have a phone #.

If you would like, I will pm him for contact info. His profile has no email address.

Pm'd him a request for contact info.

DC Turismo
07-31-2008, 11:00 PM
He is on vacation this week I believe as I talked to him via PM. I believe he gave me his phone number in that PM if you want it.