PDA

View Full Version : Swing valve problems

WVRampage
03-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Well today I took my rampage out after after installing the dual horn rfl knock off to see how it sounded and it sounded great,but after the first low boost accel I got on it real hard hit cut off then i left up on it turned the boost control down and got on it again and never hit boost so thinking I blew a intercooler hose, checked it out and no hoses were gone so the next thing I took the filter and intake pipe off to see if the turbo spun and it did so the next thing there to sheck is the WG actuator and with the air compessor it didnt move so i wanted to take it off to check it to find out the swing walve was froze. After removing the actuator the swing valve was hard to move so I sprayed some PB Blaster on it and worked it a little and it moves freely now my question is how do i prevent this from happening again? I also have been having boost issues and this seams to bee the culpret of all boost issues.

cordes
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I would immagine that the normal process of the actuator opening and closing the puck on the SV would slove the problem, but perhaps the occasional spray of PB blaster when the engine is cold would prevent any reocurring problems.

WVRampage
03-16-2006, 11:43 PM
I would immagine that the normal process of the actuator opening and closing the puck on the SV would slove the problem, but perhaps the occasional spray of PB blaster when the engine is cold would prevent any reocurring problems.

Thanks a lot.