PDA

View Full Version : stright from the dyno

shelbyplaya
06-21-2008, 06:34 PM
here's some numbers.

225whp @ 5000 rpm
310wtq @ 3200 rpm

I retarded my timing to 10* and closed my spark plug gap from .035 down to .026 (cuz the spark was getting blown out). we got the boost to spike to 15.5 and it dropped down to 14 with full boost by 2800rpm. A/F was 12.0 pretty much though out the entire rpm range and boost levels.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with what I got. I think after I get the T3/T4 and 3" exhaust on there (my exhaust now SUCKS. thinnest point is about 1.75 thick) she'll wake up a bit more maybe get it up to 240/320 with out nitrous.

I'll have videos up in a bit. I'll see what i can do about getting the shop to e-mail me dyno charts. They gave me print outs so i can frame them :D

shelbyplaya
06-21-2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c43YrS--qgg

Anonymous_User
06-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Nice numbers. Especially with crappy exhaust!! I'd imagine 240 is more than possible once you open it up!!

I'll have to dig around and see if all your engine specs are posted somewhere.

Ok, searched a bit...

So, this is the stock garett with a stage I .63 housing and 2.5 swingvalve?? And with crappy exhaust? Wow.

What are you using for ECU?

shelbyplaya
06-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Nice numbers. Especially with crappy exhaust!! I'd imagine 240 is more than possible once you open it up!!

I'll have to dig around and see if all your engine specs are posted somewhere.

Ok, searched a bit...

So, this is the stock garett with a stage I .63 housing and 2.5 swingvalve?? And with crappy exhaust? Wow.

What are you using for ECU?

hahaha. relentless 2.5l 8v 3bar/+40 for a g-head and 50 trim turbo

I'm opening the exhaust on monday night. I'm making a new 2.5" DP. I need to get a muffler on the car so I can stay in street class at the local track.

Anonymous_User
06-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Oops, missed that about the turbo!

I was looking for the head mounted dizzy and didn't see it. Didn't notice the plug wires disappearing behind the intake. Overlooked the obvious. :D

What intake are you using? Is it a modified cloud intake?

So, obviously there is more to be had with exhaust upgrades. Do you think you will find more with a calibration more suited to the 16v?

shelbyplaya
06-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Oops, missed that about the turbo!

I was looking for the head mounted dizzy and didn't see it. Didn't notice the plug wires disappearing behind the intake. Overlooked the obvious. :D

What intake are you using? Is it a modified cloud intake?

So, obviously there is more to be had with exhaust upgrades. Do you think you will find more with a calibration more suited to the 16v?

I'm running a stock stratus intake for now. Gonna start mock up on a new intake soon.

There is ALOT more to be had from the exhaust. I'm getting a new exhaust manifold made up that has a standard T3 flange, and Tial 38mm external WG whitch should go well with my 57 trim T3/T4 w/ .63 stage 2 turbine. after that it's a full 3" exhaust ;)

I would like to up the boost to around 18-20lbs and we'll see what we can do.

I also have meggasquirt. But that might turn into a winter project.

bakes
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c43YrS--qgg

love the sound of that pull:thumb: