PDA

View Full Version : Clutch assembly broke

Stratman
06-20-2008, 01:09 PM
While easily driving the Daytona out of gas station parking lot last night I heard a clunk when I pushed the clutch in for 2nd and it wouldn't go into gear. I haven't taken the trans off yet, but I have the feeling the pressure plate came apart. Heard some noise of parts flying around in the bell housing area while driving home in 1st gear and took a while before it shut up.
This is the first manual car I've owned in at least 8 years so I am asking for suggestions on a PP/Clutch for heavy traffic street use that will take 300 FT Tq or around 230-260HP.
Too bad it happened when money is so scarce, on the other hand, it is nice to drive my CSX again. I found out last night a cam gear bolt works GREAT as a quick fix on the lower front motor mount bolt hole if the bell housing threads are stripped out!:thumb:

tryingbe
06-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Talk to the vendor of your choice, they'll point to you the right path.

Stratman
06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks Tryingbe,
I like to have at least a few people share their experience on this subject. I'm sure I could search the forum all day to find what I need, but work has me swamped!:(

tryingbe
06-20-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19124&highlight=clutch+poll

Stratman
06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank you very much Tryingbe...:)

moparzrule
06-20-2008, 05:37 PM
For that kind of power the T2/T3 clutch is your best option. However, sorry to say but this doesn't sound like a clutch issue. You can still shift the tranny without the clutch, plus if it was the clutch usually the car does not go at all.

Stratman
06-20-2008, 07:40 PM
For that kind of power the T2/T3 clutch is your best option. However, sorry to say but this doesn't sound like a clutch issue. You can still shift the tranny without the clutch, plus if it was the clutch usually the car does not go at all.

Hi Rule,
It's the clutch. Tranny will NOT shift while running. Car will move because the pressure plate will not release.