PDA

View Full Version : Transmission: Need Turbo L-body Shifter Rods Asap At Sdac!!!

Clay
06-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I was pulling the GLHS into the drive way after driving it all afternoon, and someone managed to ruin another shifter rod.

I need the selector rod that runs left to right on the car, back by the firewall, under the turbo. I can get the car to SDAC, and maybe rig something to drive the car while there, but I would LOVE to get another one there as a spare.

I would LOVE a new one, but I have no hope of getting that before I get there, so anyone have one that they can bring me??? I'll pay for it, no problem.

Let me know ASAP. I leave in the morning.

Thanks!
Clay

1FastCSX289
06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Is the rod broken or do you just need another rod end? If you cant come up with one, slasky is bringing his welder....we could probably rig something up.

Clay
06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
its the hard/rubbery black plastic bushing that connects directly to the main shifter rod. The outside end came off and allows the shifter rod to slide off. I just now got it back on and got a couple of extra heavy duty zip ties holding it together. Might last for ever, might not make it on the trailer, who knows! ;)

crazy1eye
06-19-2008, 10:14 PM
If this is the rod you need, it's yours. It was on my SC before I converted, it appears to be in good shape. I'll be at SDAC-18 by Saturday afternoon.

Pat

Clay
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Sweet Pat! Thats the b*tch right there!!!!! pack it up and bring it along! I can buy you a weak american brew when you get here!!!! ;) Thanks man!

crazy1eye
06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Sweet Pat! Thats the b*tch right there!!!!! pack it up and bring it along! I can buy you a weak american brew when you get here!!!! ;) Thanks man!

Sounds good, see ya Saturday.

Your welcome.