PDA

View Full Version : replacing silicone hoses...help !

TurboBlue
03-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Can I use regular hose to replace the silicone lines on the turbo (oil,coolant) ?
I can't find a local supplier, including the dealership. I want to replace them all while the engine is out of the vehicle.

SwiftTech
03-09-2006, 04:20 PM
you can for all but the oil drain. that one needs to be silicone otherwise it wull shrink on the inside and restrict oil flow. turbo unleashed carries it if you need to replace the one you have.

Blue Iroc R/T
03-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Try NAPA yet? Ask for 5/8" silicon hose. You will need about 6"-8" of it for the turbo drain. Just DON"T use heater hose. It won't last.

TurboBlue
03-10-2006, 01:00 AM
I found some silicone hose for the oil drain but no one had any for the coolant size. I'm gonna try some hydraulics repair shops tomorrow. i got some tranny hose in case I can't locate the smaller size silicone hose.

tryingbe
03-10-2006, 02:01 AM
turbounleashed have the stainless steel lines for oil/coolant lines and silicone hose for the oil return as well.

WVRampage
03-14-2006, 01:45 PM
turbounleashed have the stainless steel lines for oil/coolant lines and silicone hose for the oil return as well.

Thats the best way to go then you wont have any problems in the future and it makes for easy removal.