PDA

View Full Version : Calander day for rememberance?

TurbododgePirate
06-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I have thought about this a couple times, but never posted it. I guess I am just not sure how people would react.

What do you think about doing something special to the site on August 19th in memory of Gus?

It might be better on his birthday to commemorate his gifts to the TM world, instead of the day he died , but I know I remember the day it happened. Hard to believe this year it will be 6 years ago.

Anyway, I just thought I would put this out there, I think it would be a nice tribute to the man.

dds78910
06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I think it is a good idea.

Nemesismachine
06-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I like it.

contraption22
06-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I like the idea as well.

glht_omni
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
who wouldnt? gus was a great man and a huge pioneer and will always be remembered.

whatever happened to the gustified decals, maybe we could get somebody (dempsey?) to make another batch.

TurbododgePirate
08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
BUMP to get attention, because it is coming up soon.

LaserXT1986
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
who wouldnt? gus was a great man and a huge pioneer and will always be remembered.

whatever happened to the gustified decals, maybe we could get somebody (dempsey?) to make another batch.

Last I heard, and this is going back many years, Gary Donovan was in charge of the project. He had some designs offered by members of the SDML and FMML. He was in talks with me to make them, and he was going to sell/distribute them. I wasn't aware of Dempsey having anything to do with it? As far as I knew, no one made any decals, at least not "officially" since they were supposed to generate funds to go to Gus' family (thus why Gary was in charge).

I haven't heard heads or tails since but I am more than willing to contribute my services as before if this gets brought to light again!! :thumb:

glht_omni
08-09-2008, 04:17 PM
i forgot they were on garys site, not dempseys.

that would be great if you two could get something in the works.

LaserXT1986
08-09-2008, 05:36 PM
i forgot they were on garys site, not dempseys.

that would be great if you two could get something in the works.

Well I'm just the monkey lol....

If someone has access to the original artwork (not scaled down in size/resolution for a website), and has permission from the original creator of said artwork....

OR.....

TM has a contest for new artwork ideas....

AND.....

someone on here with a solid reputation wants to be the "coordinator" of such a task with respect to distribution/handling taking in costs/donating profits, etc......

Then feel free to contact me for the actual "manufacturing end" of things!! I'm all in for the idea :D:D

glht_omni
08-10-2008, 12:14 AM
we have a few people here that are very good with art work and are reputable.
i would gladly help with advertising and getting the word out if the wheels start turning.

LaserXT1986
08-18-2008, 08:55 PM
we have a few people here that are very good with art work and are reputable.
i would gladly help with advertising and getting the word out if the wheels start turning.

Well with the 19th coming up, I havent heard any more of this besides Glht_Omni making the comment above, so I will ask again:

Does anyone want to get the ball re-rolling on the decals and also setup some sort of a payment/donation arrangement to be passed onto Gus' family, or perhaps an award in conjunction with SDAC and TM every year?

(I would be donating the decals fwiw). Please re-read my other comments above regarding this issue....

Captain Chaos
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd be down for a few decals for my vehicles.

glht_omni
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
i think a thread in the lounge would spark some interest.

turbovanmanČ
08-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Hmmmmmm, missed this but excellent idea, :clap:

glht_omni
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
dave, check it out http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28701
lets do it!

LaserXT1986
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
dave, check it out http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28701
lets do it!

I saw it, I am going to reply in it now. Can someone alert the mods to review my post? :)