PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-18 Caravan - Indy and surrounding

minigts
06-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Well instead of hijacking JT's thread, I thought I would post one as well. Not 100% sure, although it should be in the high 90 percent range that we are going to meet on FRIDAY in Indy. Cordes and I will be heading through about that time and also plan on meeting up with Clay (hopefully) around 12-1pm. I'm coming up from Memphis, leaving around 5 FRIGGIN' AM, so if anyone is in the path from Nashville up to Indy or close, just give me a call or just post here.

I will be talking to Clay and Cordes today to firm up the details, but that's the tentative plan right now.

BIGBRUDDA
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm headin north on I-75 friday. But I'm gonna detour to 23 north at Toledo, and stop by the Cabela's store. :hail:Gimme a call when ya cross the Indiana/Michigan border. :blah: (513) 478-4281. Tryin to make Pontiac mid afternoon so as to party:banana-mario: in parkinlot/pool wit da DV gang.:eyebrows:

cordes
06-18-2008, 02:30 PM
I am heading out of Indy on Friday for sure. We were planning on taking 69N to 94E and heading in that way. It hasn't been to bad construction wise in recent months going that way so hopefully it will be the hot ticket.

minigts
06-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Ok, update on the plans. Spoke with Cordes (pronounced Cor-des, not kords as I have thought for the past YEAR) and Clay about meeting up in Indy on Friday. I still need to confirm with Clay, but plans are to meet on the North side of the loop close to 69. I'm going to be updating everyone on my position as I drive up so we can coordinate when to meet and then WHERE to meet. If I have your number and you will be in the area and want to caravan up, I'll text you.

Big Brudda, I got your number and will put you on the list. :thumb:

See you guys tomorrow!

bradp
06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
We're not leaving until Saturday morning. See ya'll up there.

88_pacifica
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, update on the plans. Spoke with Cordes (pronounced Cor-des, not kords as I have thought for the past YEAR) and Clay about meeting up in Indy on Friday. I still need to confirm with Clay, but plans are to meet on the North side of the loop close to 69. I'm going to be updating everyone on my position as I drive up so we can coordinate when to meet and then WHERE to meet. If I have your number and you will be in the area and want to caravan up, I'll text you.

Big Brudda, I got your number and will put you on the list. :thumb:

See you guys tomorrow!

So how long are you planning to "rendezvous" on the north side of Indy? Even though I ain't going(:() that doesn't mean I can't meet up for a few minutes if it's going to be for lunch or a general BS session in the area whil waiting on the "herd to collect" in one area. I work on the northeast side so that is an option for me if I were to do such(5 min from I-69 & 465).

minigts
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Well send me your number and I'll text you when and where after I know. And you really should be going Nate, really. But I guess if you're taking a hiatus from the Dodge stuff,...... I GUESS you can meet up with us. ;) Not sure if we are going to do lunch, probably depends on when I get up there and if everyone else wants to. I'll add you to the text list when I'm on my way up.

cordes
06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
It says rhymes with tortoise right under my avatar. :thumb:

sdac guy
06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Is that the french pronunciation Tor-twa? Then the ryhme would be Cor-dwa?

I loved it when Robert Probert was on the Red Wings. He wanted the french pronunciation of his first name Robert as Ro-bear but his last name remained Probert like Prob-ert. And I used to say, it can be Rob-ert Prob-ert, or Ro-bear Pro-bear, but it cannot be Ro-bear Prob-ert. :lol:

Barry

Clay
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
It says rhymes with tortoise right under my avatar. :thumb:

I even said your name (correctly I might add) while I was on the phone with him yesterday! ;)

He was probably going 'who is this cordes guy he's talking about'!! :clap:

minigts
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I even said your name (correctly I might add) while I was on the phone with him yesterday! ;)

He was probably going 'who is this cordes guy he's talking about'!! :clap:

LOL I was like, "Um, clay it's CORDS, not some silly Cordes"....THAT IS until CorDES lady friend answered and said, "Are you looking for Brian CorDES?" I was like, "ummm....yeah that guy."

I know what he looks like, so I'm good with that! See you guys tomorrow.

fleckster
06-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Aren't you traveling up I-70 after getting on from heading up I-55 at Effingham, IL? You would be heading right through Terre Haute and could meet up with Clay there. Or I guess you might come up I-65 if you go east and travel up through Nashville first.

Clay
06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
hes going through nashville

minigts
06-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Google Maps says 65 and that seems the best route anyways, shortest it seems. If I go to bed NOW, I can get up at 4:30am and should be able to make it on time, between 12 to 1pm.