PDA

View Full Version : L-Body center console removal

quantum
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
How does this thing come out? I have the "cup holder tray" out and I can seperate the sides from the top aaround the shifter boot, but I can't seem to find what is holding it down so I can't pull the entire piece over the e-brake. Thanks for the help.

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
You got the two phillips head screws off the sides it sounds like, did you get the two behind the ashtray and the one INSIDE the console compartment?

DC Turismo
06-18-2008, 01:22 AM
The one inside the console is straight down in the floor in the dead center of the tray. Sometimes its covered over with debris and you gotta scrape it away to get to it.

Also, you have to pull the ebrake rubber handle off and extend the e-brake ALL the way up, I'm talking as far as it will go, that way you can slide it off at a good angle without risking cracked the console itself.

quantum
06-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Which ash tray? The front one or the one for the back seat? I got the entire section below the radio out, all the way to the shifter. It seems like there is something under the armrest holding it in place I can't find that needs to be unscrewed so I can putll out the entire piece that incluedes the shifter boot, ebrake cover, and armrest.

roachjuice
06-18-2008, 07:29 AM
i think i ripped mine out. but then again i didn't car.

gvare001
06-18-2008, 08:40 AM
For the shifter console, there are two bolts below the arm rest at the base near the carpet, you have to remove those, then slide the console over the e-brake handle. Then you can remove the center console by taking the ashtray out and unscrewing the two bolts, then the bolts by the side of the center console.

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Helps to be specific in your questions, I was trying to describe taking out the front console, didn't get that you meant armrest console:o I saw 'cup holder' put missed E brake, my bad...

minigts
06-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Not trying to be smart or anything, but it's not that hard. There are like 4 screws total to pull the center piece where the map light is and 6 total screws/bolts to get the arm rest out. It's not like the foreign cars that are snapped together or fit perfectly.

quantum
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I didn't see the other 2 bolts at the bottom sides or the armrest. I have my seats all the way back (6' 3" in a l-body) and they were kind of hiding them. Should be good now, thanks.

Clay
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah, these two:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/795/86GLHTconsole-0001.jpg

quantum
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
yeah, these two:

Yup, I was trying to take it out from the driver seat and only saw the one farthest back on the passenger side. I took it out and the same one on the driver side, but couldn't see the two forward ones with the seats all the way back. Guess I used up my "blond" moments for the rest of the month.

roachjuice
06-18-2008, 03:40 PM
yeah, these two:

looks like mine. all dirty and tore up.:thumb: