PDA

View Full Version : OMNI-Potent New Product – GLHS Radiator Hoses!!!!!!

OMNI-Potent
06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Many of you don’t know, but OMNI-Potent Parts was created about a year before we started making products. The company didn’t have a name. The only thing we had were ideas floating in our heads. We were also concerned with how long our cars could keep running without much needed products. At the top of this list are some items that we (and I’m sure our customers) thought they would never see again.

OMNI-Potent Parts is proud to announce our latest product, Reproduction GLHS Radiator hoses (upper and lower)!!! You won't find these anywhere else!

These hoses are exact (and I mean exact) factory reproduction hoses. The only difference between these hoses and the factory ones is that our hoses do not have Chrysler part numbers on them. These have all the correct bends. No more trying to fit a T2 hose, or cutting a T1 hose and putting a metal piece in between! Those days are OVER! Make your ’86 or ’87 S car happy once again!

Just produced in May 2008, they don’t get any newer than this. These are made by one of the biggest rubber companies in the world. We are fortunate to have had the opportunity for them to make these for us.

These just arrived at the shop today and we were so excited that we wanted to put them on the board immediately. We haven't even solidified pricing yet! The official unveiling will be at SDAC 18, where we are going to do a one time introductory price. If you need these hoses, we will have stock on hand! After SDAC, these hoses will be available through our website at our regular price.

We are committed to the Shelby/Turbo Dodge scene. The products that you have hoped for over the years are what we will strive to provide to you. We have taken note of the items that you talk about and are working on some of those products as we speak. You can expect an ever widening product base as well.

Lastly, OMNI-Potent would again like to express our sincere gratitude to the Shelby/Turbo Dodge community. Your support has allowed us to keep investing dollars into bringing these types of products to the market.

We’ve got a lot more cool things in store……..

j4278h
06-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Any rough idea on the pricing?
How many sets available at SDAC?

I'm looking for 2 sets but I'm a cheap bastard.

cordes
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
VERY impressive. I might have to pry open the wallet soon.

OMNI-Potent
06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
We will be bringing probably about 20-25 sets with us to SDAC. We can bring more if needed.

Unfortunately, I will not have pricing until Thursday night. Pricing will roughly be in line with dealer prices when they were available. Sorry to not give a price immediately, as we normally do. But with trying to get ready for SDAC, we won't have time to sit down and OK it until Thursday night.

Thanks!
Greg

turbovanman²
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm looking for 2 sets but I'm a cheap bastard.

I pity the fool who is cheap, ;)

Buck up, tight wad, :lol:

Captain Chaos
06-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all the work you guys have done for us L body owners. I'm in for two sets!!!

Marcus86GLHS
06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
thank you!!!

GLHS592
06-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks! I don't think I need one now (it is a 21 year old set of hoses in my car), but I'm sure glad the option is there.

2.216VTurbo
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Nice:thumb: Almost makes me wish I had an 8V L body to put them on. Almost;)

johnl
06-17-2008, 05:49 PM
OMG! Bless you. Put me down for two sets.

Clay
06-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Ill probably be up for a set at SDAC!

Turbodave
06-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Very cool, I have a set of NOS hoses on the shelf, but will probably pick up a set of these as well since I've got 2.5 GLHS's.

1984rampage
06-17-2008, 07:05 PM
This is freakin awesome!!! We spent hours splicing and making our own. Wasnt hard just time consuming!!! You guys rule!

zin
06-17-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll be down for at least 2, maybe 4 sets.

Mike

Turbo3Iroc
06-18-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm in for atleast one set

powermaxx
06-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Add me for 2 sets!

OMNI-Potent
06-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone! We figured that there was a need for these in the market. It really wasn't easy to get these things made. Persistance and determination resulted in this product. We're happy that we could do it and will be able to price them reasonably.

I hope this gives everyone an idea of the things that we will reproduce.

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Omni, you are gonna bring a bunch of products with you to SDAC right? I'd like some fasters/clips you offer but just never bothered to actually order them:o But if I see something I want and I have cash:eyebrows: Impulse buyers stimulate our economy though:thumb:

Put me down for a 2 door windshield/reapint/headlight kit, and two trailing arm spacer kits.

OMNI-Potent
06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't worry Alan! We've got you covered.

We will have plenty of stock of everything at SDAC. That way future/potential buyers can touch and feel products as well. We will also set up a tent and banner so you guys can find us easily. :eyebrows:

black86glhs
06-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I am definitely down for 1 set myself. I have been wondering what I was going to do about the hoses.:thumb:

crazy1eye
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Looks good :thumb:

I'm sure Joey & I will pick up a set or at the very least, the top hose at SDAC-18

Thanks

Turbo224
06-18-2008, 07:11 PM
:mad: Go figure. After three poor attempts to splice my own hoses together, I finally got one to work. And then three weeks later you post this!! Put me down for a set....

supercrackerbox
06-19-2008, 03:44 AM
Unfortunately I won't be at SDAC, but put me down for a set. I've decided to keep my GLHS come hell or high water, and definately want to have these on hand.

mock_glh
06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
How about a common block version of the lower hose?

GLHS444
06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
When I read this....
I had a tear well up in my eye.......
Thanks OMNI-Potent :hail:

To bad you can't come out with the old 80's OP logo T-shirts from the 80's fer us old guys....(I can feel my mullet growing back now...)
:lol:

OMNI-Potent
06-20-2008, 12:53 AM
OK everyone - I'm sorry for the delay in pricing. Here are the prices that will be on our website:

Upper GLHS Radiator Hose - $38
Lower GLHS Radiator Hose - $48

GLHS Radiator Hose Set (Upper and Lower) - $80 (save $6)
Remember our trademark free shipping!!!!

Our one time only SDAC 18 pricing will be $75 for the set. And will only be good for purchases made at SDAC. (save $11)
(The above prices for individual hoses will be the same at SDAC)

We will have plenty of stock on hand at SDAC. Orders for hoses through the website will start Wednesday June 25.

Thanks!

zin
06-20-2008, 01:21 AM
How about a common block version of the lower hose?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is different enough that these couldn't be made to work?

Mike

Keito
06-20-2008, 08:16 AM
OK everyone - I'm sorry for the delay in pricing. Here are the prices that will be on our website:

Upper GLHS Radiator Hose - $38
Lower GLHS Radiator Hose - $48

GLHS Radiator Hose Set (Upper and Lower) - $80 (save $6)

Our one time only SDAC 18 pricing will be $75 for the set. And will only be good for purchases made at SDAC. (save $11)
(The above prices for individual hoses will be the same at SDAC)

We will have plenty of stock on hand at SDAC. Orders for hoses through the website will start Wednesday June 25.

Thanks!

Dang, nice price!

cordes
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is different enough that these couldn't be made to work?

Mike

If I am not mistaken the inlet to the pump is larger on the CB pump housings.

rich tideswell
06-20-2008, 12:24 PM
....... These are made by one of the biggest rubber companies in the world. ……..

Let's see...you're from OH, and GoodYear's HQ is in Akron,OH.....wouldn't be them by any chance, would it? :thumb:

None the less, awsome stuff. Now if you can get reproduction stainless steel body panels made, you would litterally have you're own currency printing press as there are alot of L-Bodys (and other body styles as well) that would love some new metal.

zin
06-20-2008, 02:04 PM
If I am not mistaken the inlet to the pump is larger on the CB pump housings.

Oh, I've never noticed that, but I'm not always the most observant individual.:)

Mike

OMNI-Potent
06-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Let's see...you're from OH, and GoodYear's HQ is in Akron,OH.....wouldn't be them by any chance, would it? :thumb:

Hmmm, if only it were that easy! I know why no one has tackled this job before! This project was almost 2 years in the making. The payback is knowing that we are keeping cars on the road by doing this.:thumb:

Marcus86GLHS
06-20-2008, 02:21 PM
".......The payback is knowing that we are keeping cars on the road by doing this..."

that is the best attitude possible, and you also do deserve a fair profit.

the prices above are so great.

question: what about repro plug wire sets for the glhs cars? thats another opportunity i would think would be a successful product.....marry high performance silicon wire/boot material to the correct diameter/color for the wires and boots, add the right date coded markings for the 86/87 glhs motors = you'd be sole source for this item.

keep up the great work over there.

OMNI-Potent
06-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Marcus -

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg

Captain Chaos
06-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe you guys should start a public suggestion list.;) I have a few.

86Shelby
06-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you goys for doing this!!! I started trying to do this several years ago with my contacts at the Lincoln, Ne Goodyear hose & belt plant using the markings on the hoses. Kept getting dead ends over and over again. I'm very glad you were sucessful!!!

zin
06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Picked up 2 sets @ SDAC, they look great!!! I'll probaly get another set for my Bro's GLHS.

Mike

Clay
06-26-2008, 09:21 PM
my dumbarse missed Greg the last night/day, so I didnt get a set, YET! ;)

I will say they are quality pieces that match the factory hoses to a 'T'!

OMNI-Potent
07-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Website is updated....sorry for the delay.

www.omnipotentparts.com

Thanks!
Greg

mock_glh
07-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Mike

The common block pump inlet points forward about 45 degrees from the vertical position of the early ones. My Omni uses a "hybrid" hose, spliced at the motor mount, with half of a late hose on the engine side, half of a GLHS hose on the radiator side.:)

johnl
07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Mailed an order for hoses and more to Greg today!:D

OMNI-Potent
07-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey John,

Got your check yesterday and everything was shipped yesterday. Thanks for your order!

Hey - thanks for you assitance with my car prior to the road course. I always appreciate having some extra hands around!

Greg

turboruss
07-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Hello, Do you have anymore glhs radiator hoses left?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Never mind, found your website and already ordered them. Sweet