PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the "Hybrid"

Dave
03-09-2006, 10:36 AM
It's official, we're getting a hybrid. T3/T4 50 trim hybrid with a .63 exhaust housing and a stage 2 wheel.

I went to Turbonetics.com to look at a compressor map for it, but I found two... one for a T3, one the other a T04E. I'm assuming it's the T3. I'm hoping it's not, as the T04E 50 trim has a sexy looking map, at 26psi it's at 75%. :thumb: 18psi it's dang near in the middle island... both for 300hp. Maybe it's neither? Does anybody have a compressor map for one???

So I'd just like to get some feedback from people who have tried it... any do's or don'ts? Also, will I have to notch the head for clearance??

Thanks,
-Bryan

turbovanmanČ
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
The turbo rocks. Clearancing the head, depends on what you use for elbows and such. Mine cleared using 2 90 deg elbows, I am rebuilding and engine for Wop'r and he nothced his and is running a 45 deg elbow.

89DaytonaTII
03-09-2006, 06:11 PM
it's called a t3/t4 for a reason, the comp. is indeed the generous t4 map. That's why they are so popular

cordes
03-09-2006, 06:35 PM
I have one on my omni. I really enjoy it. You can read about what I had to do to install it on my site.

GLHS592
03-09-2006, 08:08 PM
I have one just like you described with the E compressor housing. It is AWESOME and lags slightly more than the stocker. Back when I installed mine, I had to weld up my own wastegate can bracket. Now, TU and FWD have a bracket made just for the hybrids. I also had the corner of my cylinder head clearanced. Looking back, that was a waste considering it really didn't need it with the aluminum elbow I had welded onto the compressor housing.