PDA

View Full Version : Any place to get turbine outlet flange.

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Im going to be doing a external gate setup, and need to know if any place sells the tubine outlet flange. If not then Ill have to make one.

I need one that is devided between the wheel, and the bypass.

Thanks.

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I know its a garrett turbo but if anyone can tell me what other car may use the same turbo that that will help out in me finding the flange.

Tony Hanna
06-14-2008, 03:31 PM
What Garrett turbo are you using? Whatever it is, if it's got the stock style TM turbine housing on it, I think they're specific to our cars. I'm really not sure if anybody is making a flange for them. Shouldn't be too hard to make your own though if you've got a stock swingvalve and turbine housing to take the measurements off of.

turbovanmanČ
06-14-2008, 04:02 PM
FWD maybe?

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Its a 89 daytona with a TII, and stock turbo so I belive its the Garrett T03.

I dont feel like machining 1/2" without a torch, or a mill on hand, I found a guy that will make one for about 20 bucks off of a template.

I already have a few external wastegates around, so I can build this for just a few bucks. Going to be alot cheaper and better than running a different can, and a 3" swing valve.

Tony Hanna
06-14-2008, 04:59 PM
FWD maybe?
I didn't see any on their site unless I overlooked them. It seems to me that somebody was trying to get Racing Solutions to make up a batch, but I don't know if anything ever came of it.:confused2:

Its a 89 daytona with a TII, and stock turbo so I belive its the Garrett T03.

I dont feel like machining 1/2" without a torch, or a mill on hand, I found a guy that will make one for about 20 bucks off of a template.

I already have a few external wastegates around, so I can build this for just a few bucks. Going to be alot cheaper and better than running a different can, and a 3" swing valve.

Ok yeah, the stock turbine housing on our cars is an oddball piece. Aside from having the non-standard flange where it bolts to the manifold, I'm pretty sure the flange where the swingvalve housing bolts on has a unique bolt pattern as well (compared to the other t03s). If you have somebody that will make you the flange for $20, that doesn't sound like a bad deal. Just try to be pretty accurate with your template and you should be fine.

We got lucky making the flange for my Holset in that John has access to a CNC plasma cutter at work.:thumb: It probably wouldn't be hard to torch cut one by hand and use transfer punches/drill press for the bolt holes though. The only issue I can think of is you might want to take it to a machine shop and have it surface ground when it's done to take care of any warping from the heat of cutting it out and welding to it.

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Another option I have is to weld a V-band onto the turbine hole, and another onto the Bypass hole.

glhs727
06-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I didn't see any on their site unless I overlooked them. It seems to me that somebody was trying to get Racing Solutions to make up a batch, but I don't know if anything ever came of it.:confused2: .

It is located in the on line catalog under DIY
We have chrysler turbo flanges, t-3 flanges, header flanges for the lotus head, 8v head and neon heads. We also have other flanges not listed so if looking for something particular, call us.
later,
Cindy

turbovanmanČ
06-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Cindy, where's my kickback, lol!

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I didnt see that flange I was talking about listed. Whens a good time to call you guys?

glhs727
06-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I think we have the one you are talking about. Just call me Monday morning
Thanks,
Cindy

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I think we have the one you are talking about. Just call me Monday morning
Thanks,
Cindy

Ok will do. In the meantime im also looking for a 3 inch donut, flange, and pipe since Im making my own downpipe. I basically need the first 2 inches of the down pipe you sell. This a possibility?

glhs727
06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
maybe, I'll see what I got laying around.

Mopar318
06-14-2008, 11:24 PM
maybe, I'll see what I got laying around.

Ok thanks, that would be a big help. I dont really feel like welding a reducer on.

inmyshadow
06-15-2008, 05:55 PM
http://www.vecco.com/

http://www.bmcrace.com

I got mine from bmcrace.com Took him a few weeks because I didn't get in in stainless.

later