PDA

View Full Version : Modified valve cover

black86glhs
06-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Was bored earlier, so I decided to mod an old turbo valve cover. Got a 5/8 metal heater hose nipple(like on a GM V6/V8 water pump) and drilled a 1/2" hole on the sprocket end of the VC. Traced around the fitting and opened up the opening with a deburring bit in a die grinder. Final fitting was done with a file. Used a fiber reinforced nitrile washer, 16mm washer and a brass 3/8" pipe cap. Drilled a 1/2 hole in the cap to allow flow(obvious).
Not sure what I am going to use as a one way flow valve on it yet, but I'll find something. Here are some mock up pics, still need to apply sealant for final assembly and clean out the VC. Sorry for the lack of light, handy cam doen't have a flash. Plus there is more light in person.
Just noticed the second picture looks like Craftsman is my sponsor...lol.:clap:

1984rampage
06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
What does that do?

black86glhs
06-13-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm seperating the fresh air and pcv from each other. Its similar to the cast TBI covers. I had this extra one around, so I figured why not.

black86glhs
06-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Here are 3 more shots of it on the engine. The 90 elbow in the stock location was turned towards the passenger side. It just happened to exit at the right place. I moved the injector wiring harness so it lays against the upper plemun, not down behind the fuel rail, so I can run the breather tubing through there and over to the drivers side.

black86glhs
06-14-2008, 11:39 PM
What does that do?
Try to keep oil out of the air box or breather element. I also sealed every place the baffle box touches the valve cover. That way the air flow can't be pulled between the two and basically bypass the the baffles. This is the idea anyway...lol.:)

WickedShelby88
06-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a plan to me boss.

black86glhs
06-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks. I figured why not try it. I have 2 regular turbo VCs just sitting there. :)