PDA

View Full Version : What do you have left to do before SDAC?

cordes
06-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I still have to figure out why I don't make much boost. I chased this problem for some time last fall, but haven't had time to work on it since. :( I also need to give a thorough cleaning to it inside and out so it won't look like it is absolutely unroadworthy. Heck it's so bad I had to make up a new word. Otherwise the car is running really well though.

How about you guys. Just over 7 days to go...

contraption22
06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Wash and wax car. Replace front brakes and rotors and rear swaybar.

cordes
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Wash and wax car. Replace front brakes and rotors and rear swaybar.

Wow, you're looking good.

contraption22
06-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow, you're looking good.

Yeah, I'm taking the SRT-4.... if I was taking the horizon, the list would go on for pages.

cordes
06-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I'm taking the SRT-4.... if I was taking the horizon, the list would go on for pages.

Oh, I was thinking the Horizon. No wonder the list is so short. ;)

Turbodave
06-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I've got a lot left on the Shadow,

- Need new plates and insurance on it
- Need to change the oil and plugs (it's been a few years since I've driven it)
- Need to clean the body shop dust out of the engine bay, and out of the interior
-Need to Refinish the rub strip on the front bumper
-Need to refinish the door handles and mirrors
-Need to refinish all the trim on the doors and rear 1/4 windows.
-Need to install all of those refinished parts
-Need to install glass
-Need to install lights
-Need to put speakers back in it
-Need to clean and reinstall interior panels
-Need to install emblems
-Need to install inner splash shields

And about 1000 other things I'll probably still be doing at 4am the night before the event...:o

cordes
06-13-2008, 12:32 AM
I've got a lot left on the Shadow,

- Need new plates and insurance on it
- Need to change the oil and plugs (it's been a few years since I've driven it)
- Need to clean the body shop dust out of the engine bay, and out of the interior
-Need to Refinish the rub strip on the front bumper
-Need to refinish the door handles and mirrors
-Need to refinish all the trim on the doors and rear 1/4 windows.
-Need to install all of those refinished parts
-Need to install glass
-Need to install lights
-Need to put speakers back in it
-Need to clean and reinstall interior panels
-Need to install emblems
-Need to install inner splash shields

And about 1000 other things I'll probably still be doing at 4am the night before the event...:o

Now that's more like it! I can't wait to see that car Dave. I have a soft spot for the CP shadows.

DC Turismo
06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Replace bearing and hub on driver's side of Turismo.
Finish eliminating needless emissions vacuum lines from engine bay (probably shouldn't have did this, but oh well now, hopefully it will run good!)
Touch up a couple bolts in engine bay (something didn't have time for last year).
Wash and wax (probably redo this again on arrival night in the evening).

PACK! :D

butchsuppe
06-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Buy smokes, pack my bags, take money out of bank, jump on plane, borrow moms Neon etc. etc.:)

fleckster
06-13-2008, 07:16 AM
I still have a screwy speedo bouncing/jumping issue that will probably be worked on in the parking lot after arrival. (no biggie since I'm towing) Need a serious clean and detail if it ever quits raining and storming. Otherwise the Spirit is pretty much ready to go. I have more work to do on the Ram. New brake pads and rotors. She also needs a good cleaning. I also want to give the trailer a good check over to make sure its safe and the brakes and lights are working properly.

bradp
06-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Change the oil in the Durango, clean it up, clean up the wagon, install the Dawes on it, charge the A/C, load it on the trailer with some parts and hit the road.

OnLooker
06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Put exhaust back on, check front brakes, wash and wax. I just got done converting the wagon to TII and want to drag race, but I think I'll just take it easy since its getting driven there and wouldn't have any other way home.

Oops forgot I have to finish making my upper intercooler hose also.

Clay
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
fix shifter linkage
put battery back in car
change oil/filter
drive it some

thats about it. I have a lot more I *want* to do, but i doubt I get it done.

moparman76_69
06-13-2008, 08:25 AM
pack bags.

88_pacifica
06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Watch everybody leave without me... and cast my spells...

neonkitten63
06-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Do laundry, pick up a few odds and ends and then pack! :)

mcsvt
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Wash, vacuum, go over everything I can think of to make it a good trip, pack the spares in the hatch, pick up some beer, possibly replace the brakes (wish I had time to replace the suspension), try to find clunk in front end that is been around forever...

It's a decent list, I should be spending most of Saturday trying to accomplish it, as during the week it just isn't possible.

johnl
06-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Make sure that I have a ride from the airport when I arrive Saturday morning. Alan? Butch?

Couldn't get a Mopar for a rental, they offered me a Hyundai. Pass. I would die from the ribbing.

slasky
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Weld in O2 bung, hook up wide band, clean car, and pack!

Turbodave
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Put exhaust back on, check front brakes, wash and wax. I just got done converting the wagon to TII and want to drag race, but I think I'll just take it easy since its getting driven there and wouldn't have any other way home.

Oops forgot I have to finish making my upper intercooler hose also.

Andy, I'm going to trailer the Shadow out, but it's fully capable of making the trip on it's own, so worst case if you drag raced and broke your car beyond the usual parking lot repairs I could just let you drive my car back and put yours on the trailer. That is assuming I don't break my car first ;)

Which reminds me, need to change the oil in the truck, give it a bath, load up any tools and parts I plan on bringing, as well as coolers, lawn chairs etc. Also have to give the trailer a once over.

I got the cowl trim all installed on the Shadow last night, repainted the cowl area, replaced the wiper motor (my old one never parked correctly), fixed a broken washer nozzle, cleaned the washer fluid bottle, cleaned the wiper motor cover and installed all that.

briceturbosports
06-13-2008, 11:51 AM
inner cooler piping , new exaust, get motor running , run shifter cables, clutch cable,clutch pedal ,put vacuum tube ,brakes ,fan , hoses, wires ,fog lights, molding , radio, speakers , a/c system , clean car , ft end , rear sway bar, ft sway bar, driveshafts , 400 :partywoot: miles to break in clutch :eek: i hope i done by mid july oh yea leaving in a week :(

sdac guy
06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Fix a coolant leak on the Daytona radiator drain assy.

Edit and print all the material for the goody bags, collate and staple as necessary. This includes each day itinerary, maps & directions, hospitality night tickets, and all administrative paperwork also.

I picked up the dash & award plaques yesterday, so I need to stuff the dash plaques and hosp night tickets into envelopes for the goody bags.

Finish the name tag files and take them to office max to be printed, then cut the tags apart and insert them into the plastic holders (this will be done next Thursday once pre-regs are complete).

Pick up the 210 event t-shirts from the printer, since the printer now folds and bags them we don't have to do that any more. :clap:

And all the stuff everyone does, such as laundry, pack, etc.

Yep, even though I only live about a half hour away, I will spend most nights at the host hotel as I will be busy enough that I can't afford the time to drive back & forth from home. And we need the room to store all the stuff, so I might as well stay there (just like when we are out of town).

Barry

1FastCSX289
06-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Fix a coolant leak on the Daytona radiator drain assy.

Edit and print all the material for the goody bags, collate and staple as necessary. This includes each day itinerary, maps & directions, hospitality night tickets, and all administrative paperwork also.

I picked up the dash & award plaques yesterday, so I need to stuff the dash plaques and hosp night tickets into envelopes for the goody bags.

Finish the name tag files and take them to office max to be printed, then cut the tags apart and insert them into the plastic holders (this will be done next Thursday once pre-regs are complete).

Pick up the 210 event t-shirts from the printer, since the printer now folds and bags them we don't have to do that any more. :clap:

And all the stuff everyone does, such as laundry, pack, etc.

Yep, even though I only live about a half hour away, I will spend most nights at the host hotel as I will be busy enough that I can't afford the time to drive back & forth from home. And we need the room to store all the stuff, so I might as well stay there (just like when we are out of town).

Barry

Is that all? ;) Thanks for putting it together!

I have to filter about 100 gallons of veggie oil for my truck, clean the car, pack and fix whatever will break between now and next week. :lol:

j4278h
06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
buy another 3.0 cargo van
convert to manual
install supercharger
work all the bugs out
install trailer hitch
fix my homemade tow dolly

strip all the parts to get rid of at sdac

Pat
06-13-2008, 04:11 PM
I think I'm good...but if the car reads this, I'm sure she'll piss on my parade and break on me.

2.216VTurbo
06-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Make sure that I have a ride from the airport when I arrive Saturday morning. Alan? Butch?

Couldn't get a Mopar for a rental, they offered me a Hyundai. Pass. I would die from the ribbing.

Should be no problem, PM you flight # and arrival time, Patrick and I get in pretty early, hopefully you do too or it's the shuttle for you;)

ATaylorRacing
06-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Finish a garage sale this Saturday
Make cheap hotel reservations somewhere close to convention hotel
(I used to drive back and forth to some of the SDAC events, but NOW a hotel is cheaper than gas!)
Drag race Matchbox June 20th & 21st at Indy
If I don't make enough $$$$ drag racing I'll have to borrow it from my 2 year old
Download maps from Mapquest
Load stuff in Matchbox I will sell there

denviola
06-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Gotta load the car on the trailer and mount the race tires on their wheels, that's about it. Just got in from a quick (1 1/2 days) trip to Ga, 1380 miles round trip. Stopped at JR Cigars north of Charlotte and refreshed my supply, and filled the orders from my co-workers.

Turbo3Iroc
06-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Depends on which car I am bringing.

Pat
06-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Depends on which car I am bringing.

Bring the fast one!

Turbo3Iroc
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Bring the fast one!

Fast on the street does not equal fast on the track. And the GLHS will walk around it on the road course anyway.

DC Turismo
06-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Vacuum lines, check
Wheelbearing/Hub replacement, check

Alignment, Inspection, still needed.
Finish final touches on engine bay, still needed.

dodgeshadowchik
06-14-2008, 05:40 PM
clean the car! :)
gather up all the media stuff. I'm going to videotape and photograph all you people and your cars!

speaking of which, anyone who's bringing a videocamera, let me know.... so that I can ask if I coan use some of the footage. I want to put together some kind of short video of the whole event. I'm thinking the general theme of it will be "why race and show turbo dodges?" Since I seem to get asked that alot.

Russ Jerome
06-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Im gonna try and take a couple days off without a
single beer prior to arriving Saturday.......well at least
Friday night ....I said try, no promises!

contraption22
06-14-2008, 11:54 PM
clean the car! :)
gather up all the media stuff. I'm going to videotape and photograph all you people and your cars!

speaking of which, anyone who's bringing a videocamera, let me know.... so that I can ask if I coan use some of the footage. I want to put together some kind of short video of the whole event. I'm thinking the general theme of it will be "why race and show turbo dodges?" Since I seem to get asked that alot.

I will gladly share any videos I take. I plan to get some in-car stuff too

dodgeshadowchik
06-15-2008, 08:12 AM
I will gladly share any videos I take. I plan to get some in-car stuff too

Excellent! :) :D

glht_omni
06-15-2008, 02:43 PM
new tires -check
repacked rear wheel bearings -check
vac lines and electric boost gauge -check

still have to touch up interior and engine bay from last month, slap in 2 lifters when cindy get them back in stock, get a mbc, get 1 more hangar welded on the 3"
and then at sdac i am throwing on a hood and fender so that its 1 color without dings

ShelbyZ
06-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I have to wash up the Caliber SRT4 then detail the ext/int. Change the oil with new Mobil1 0w-40, that nothing comapred to the what the Shadow needs in the next week......

Turbo3Iroc
06-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Made good progress on the car that I am bringing. Just need to pack and load up later this week. :thumb:

mcsvt
06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Got the Daytona washed up and cleaned out. I don't think the car liked the attention as my windshield cracked all the way down the middle now... Also found some rust I hadn't seen before... If can park the passenger side against a wall for the show it may look pretty good :thumb:

Radiant_Red
06-15-2008, 09:30 PM
change the oil in the shadow and wash her up.. Looking for new best times in it since ive upgraded the IC...

I aswell will be bringing a vid camera..

shadow88
06-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Buy bags for the slicks for easy clean transport.
Fix the f*&%ing boost problem.
Buy and pack a new tool box.
Find my Passport.
If I find time,:lol:remove front fascia and paint the intercooler black. (cop magnet)
See what nitrous is like with less boost:eyebrows:
New front tires.
Clean car.
Laundry and pack stuff for me and the GF.
If I get the boost sorted out, Call Barry about registering for the drags.
Pray nothing else breaks from now until at least two weeks from now.
Continue looking forward to meeting you all.
Print a map and leave friday mid day.

So basically, living at work for the next week, just like the last 2 weeks.

BadAssPerformance
06-16-2008, 12:01 AM
paint some more fabbed up stuff
connect the DP to the exhaust
put a tune on it
clean up the inside
bolt the bogarts on
wash the outside
load on trailer

DC Turismo
06-16-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm thinking the general theme of it will be "why race and show turbo dodges?" Since I seem to get asked that alot.

*Clears throat*

You mean turbo Mopars right? :thumb:

Got my vacuum line problem fixed in the T-Riz and that thing is running like a champ! WOOT :) Now if only the catalytic converter would stop rattling against itself for some reason?

BadAssPerformance
06-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Or maybe... "Shelby Dodges and Shelby Inspired Mopars" :thumb:

contraption22
06-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Hahah i prefer turbo mopars.

It incluides Chryslers and "Plimith"s.

neonkitten63
06-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Hahah i prefer turbo mopars.

It incluides Chryslers and "Plimith"s.

Yes Mike constantly corrects me ;)

cordes
06-17-2008, 01:50 AM
I got a lot done to the car today. I am contemplating adding cruise before I go. That would be really nice, but I don't know if I want to get that involved in a project with this little time before we leave. I am hoping that with the work I did on the car today I will have found my boost.

slasky
06-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I welded in the O2 bung for my wide band this morning. I just have to hook it up when it gets here tomorrow.

glht_omni
06-17-2008, 10:32 AM
add a thermostat and radiator cap to the list today

85shelbycharger
06-17-2008, 11:02 AM
While all of you are rushing to put your cars back together, I just tore into mine last night. Wish me luck in accomplishing my goals by Wed. night so I can put her back together and drive it for a day before leaving for Detroit :o

contraption22
06-17-2008, 12:05 PM
While all of you are rushing to put your cars back together, I just tore into mine last night. Wish me luck in accomplishing my goals by Wed. night so I can put her back together and drive it for a day before leaving for Detroit :o

What are you doing to it?

85shelbycharger
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
What are you doing to it?

Some long overdue detailing (although I'm not doing a lot of the work I want to now due to time...just the big stuff I can take care of with the rad out), plus I'm adding a VNT Rad/IC setup :thumb:

Gaboon
06-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Pack a dump load of spare parts......That and make sure I have enough clean underwear.

85shelbycharger
06-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, after working for 6 solid hours after arriving home from my actual job today, I am almost finished under the hood of the 'Tona. I've got a couple of more things I want to clean up, then I have two or three tasks I want to finish on the interior. I wish there was more time in a day :(

butchsuppe
06-18-2008, 12:09 AM
That and make sure I have enough clean underwear.

I only packed the most pristine of my fruit of the Loom collection.:lol:

bradp
06-18-2008, 07:06 AM
I don't like FTL The Fruit of the Loom guys like to use your a$$hole as a club house.

briceturbosports
06-18-2008, 08:45 PM
its running just have to do innercooler clamps and clean in crap ;)

slasky
06-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I just finished hooking up my wideband and data logging cable. It works great but I doubt I will have time to log any runs before I get to Detroit.

fleckster
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
New brakes (Hawk pads and R1 Concept drilled and slotted rotors) are now on the Ram. Oil is changed and other than a good cleaning, she's ready to haul the Spirit again to Detroit. I also need to give the Spirit a bath (and remove the rubber from the sides and wheelwells) before she gets loaded on the trailer. That's it other than the regular clothes, tools, and food/drink packing.

neonkitten63
06-19-2008, 07:37 AM
My living room is essentially sdac prepared....I have stuff neatly layed out in here. I just need to put it all in bags or in the back of Mike's car....lol. Woo hoo....20 hours till departure!! :)

contraption22
06-19-2008, 07:40 AM
I hope you don't have too much! The trunk is full save for beer. The back seat is open, but the back seat floor is full.

neonkitten63
06-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I hope you don't have too much! The trunk is full save for beer. The back seat is open, but the back seat floor is full.

Every year you look at me like I am crazy and thinking "how are we going to fit all that?" and we do! :) No worries!! I have my usual two bags! Not including the "communal bag" with treats and such for the ride out! :p

BIGBRUDDA
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Check for leaks ,top fluids.:confused:
Pack the car.:partywoot:
Shuffle car, van, bike, garage.:confused2:
Stop by the PARTYSOURCE.:clap:

mcsvt
06-19-2008, 09:26 AM
PACK! I've been so fricken busy with work and I have no idea what time I'll get out tonight since I need to figure out how they are going to get my work done while I'm gone... Looks like I'm going to have to do some in the hotel :(

I can't wait to wake up at 4am and just get out of Dodge!

contraption22
06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
I can't wait to wake up at 4am and just get out of Dodge!

I'll waking up at 2:30 just to get INTO Dodge!

HAHAHA I'm so funny.... ya get it... my car is a Dodge.... HAHA

It's GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!

bradp
06-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I've never towed my car with the Durango, so I hope it pulls the trailer alright. Everything looks good though. By the way it's an 04 Hemi SLT 4x4. We're taking it because there is more room than in the Silverado.

BadAssPerformance
06-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I'll waking up at 2:30 just to get INTO Dodge!

HAHAHA I'm so funny.... ya get it... my car is a Dodge.... HAHA

It's GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!

LOL, easy there George! ;)

OnLooker
06-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Car is all washed and waxed, cleaned inside, runs great but now it is smoking. The car seems to only smoke at idle, plugs look clean like the oils isn't in the cylinders. Turbo seems normal as far as shaft movement. Do I a) bring the car smoking and a spare turbo incase something happens or b) leave the car home and bring the g/f ford focus?

BadAssPerformance
06-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Thought you had a tow dolly?

Clay
06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
I need to go get some cash, wash the car, probably vacuum out the car, change the oil, hook up the trailer, load the car, load the durango, and then wait for morning. YeeHaw!

Clay
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I've never towed my car with the Durango, so I hope it pulls the trailer alright. Everything looks good though. By the way it's an 04 Hemi SLT 4x4. We're taking it because there is more room than in the Silverado.

you'll be fine. Our 04 (and now 06) Durango pulled my GLHS great.

sdac guy
06-19-2008, 01:49 PM
The Daytona is in the shop on the corner getting the rad switched out with one from a comp Shadow, while I am here at home feeding paper to the printer every few minutes. Still printing stuff .....

Barry

OnLooker
06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Thought you had a tow dolly?

Me? Yeah, but no tow vehicle that I would trust to go to detroit and back.

Rick
06-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm waiting on 5p to bail out of work....then pick up my packed car at home & head out!

Turbo3Iroc
06-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Damn, long ride from FL. You might win the long distance award.

cordes
06-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Car is all washed and waxed, cleaned inside, runs great but now it is smoking. The car seems to only smoke at idle, plugs look clean like the oils isn't in the cylinders. Turbo seems normal as far as shaft movement. Do I a) bring the car smoking and a spare turbo incase something happens or b) leave the car home and bring the g/f ford focus?

I would bring the reliable car for sure. SDAC is about the people there, not worrying about whether you can make it across two states and back with a plume of smoke coming out the tail pipe. Perhaps I worry too much though. Unfortunately for me, my most reliable car is an 86' GLHT.

Rick
06-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Damn, long ride from FL. You might win the long distance award.

I'm stopping in Atlanta tonight. Mapquest says 1150 miles from my door the the Hotel.

BadAssPerformance
06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Me? Yeah, but no tow vehicle that I would trust to go to detroit and back.

I hear ya, that was my problem last year!

BadAssPerformance
06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm stopping in Atlanta tonight. Mapquest says 1150 miles from my door the the Hotel.

Now thats dedication :thumb:

Turbo3Iroc
06-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Seriously we need an award to recognize the person that drives out from the farthest away. Yes Alan I sad drives, and that doesn't mean drive from the nearest airport :lol:

sdac guy
06-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Seriously we need an award to recognize the person that drives out from the farthest away. Yes Alan I sad drives, and that doesn't mean drive from the nearest airport :lol:It's too late for a new award this year, maybe next. Kelly, remind me in 3-4 months or so (and then again in the spring :lol: ).

Barry

slasky
06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
All the car stuff is packed and in the car ready to go. The only thing left to do is pack my clothes and then put the car on the dolly after work tomorrow.

Captain Chaos
06-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I wish Rick would have come by the house and kidnapped me. :(

Russ Jerome
06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Charged the AC in the 38mpg Saturn, pretty stoked about lift off sat am!

mcsvt
06-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Beer is being chilled in the hatch.
Cloths are in the case.
GPS, iPod thingy and other random chargers are in a bag.
Snacks awaiting eating.

I think I'm set, I just need to sleep.

oldgregg
06-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm bummin, I have no vaca time & I finally a car that I can actually take this year!

There's always next year.

Have fun guys.

bradp
06-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm glad I'm not leaving until Saturday. I'm going to be all day tomorrow getting ready.

Turbo3Iroc
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
It's too late for a new award this year, maybe next. Kelly, remind me in 3-4 months or so (and then again in the spring :lol: ).

Barry

I'll try to but my memory isn't the greatest either! Anyway we can still give out an unofficial award for it this year.

Ghettosmurf
06-19-2008, 11:26 PM
wash, wax, clean the interior, and fix a small boost problem and I'll be good for Milan on Tuesday :)

MystryGuy
06-19-2008, 11:56 PM
ugh... pull trans, build up, install some "toys", pull turbo and get seal fixed, remake hall sensor mount, cut brake lines and install adjust.prop valves and bleed, sand bumper/door clad and paint, wet sand and wheel some 1 year old paint,detail one diiirty asss car.... hmm im shooting for tuesday morning!

85shelbycharger
06-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Yep, just finished cleaning the Daytona up and literally just finished packing. Hopefully I have everything :o

DC Turismo
06-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Just got done with detailing the Turismo and taking it out for a drive to make sure everything is in good running order with her :)

Now, time to pack, then meet the DV-SDAC and SV-TD guys in, whelp, 3.5 hours!

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2008, 02:14 AM
The car is ready to go... now to pack... er... sleep and pack tomorrow, LOL!

turbojerk
06-20-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm finally done the car and packed and it's 2:20am.....:o

Looks like I'm only going to get just over an hour of sleep this moring...:faint:

OnLooker
06-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Well new list of stuff to do.
1) put rebuilt turbo on
2) Fix boost gauge line that I broke taking the turbo off
3) pack

I pulled the turbo and it looks like the oil seal is bad on the exhaust side. There was oil around the metal piece behind the turbine so I'm guessing it was the seal. Also you could tell there was oil in the exhaust after the turbine and not before it on the inside of the scroll.

Rick
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
I wish Rick would have come by the house and kidnapped me. :(

Too late.... I'm stttin Atlanta.

I'm headed out in a few. Got to stop by wal-mart to pick up a phone charger then off to Pontiac. GPS has me there a little after 6p. Factor in the stops, it'll be more like 7-8p.

Gotta go!

c-ya all there!

sdac guy
06-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Well I'm still printing stuff. Started at 4:00 am today, but I just ran out of toner from a cartridge I bought 2 days ago. So back to Office Max this morning ... :)

Barry

Captain Chaos
06-20-2008, 07:54 AM

I'm headed out in a few. Got to stop by wal-mart to pick up a phone charger then off to Pontiac. GPS has me there a little after 6p. Factor in the stops, it'll be more like 7-8p.

Gotta go!

c-ya all there!

:mecry: I already told my gf come hell or high water, I'm going and she's welcome to attend next year. lol AND that the "S" car will be in attendance at SDAC 20.:thumb: even if I have to rob and pillage the SHadow and Horizon.

Frank
06-20-2008, 07:57 AM
I am sitting here trying to leave, but it is taking forever for my thumb drive to take the music I am putting on it for this new fangled stereo in my car. When added to my stack of mp3 cd's, I am going to be jamming on the way up!

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm glad I'm not leaving until Saturday. I'm going to be all day tomorrow getting ready.

Yeah, Brad has to do his hair, his make up, and if there is time you have that manicure appointment right:p?

glht_omni
06-20-2008, 12:08 PM
have to vacuum and touch up the interior, wash and wax. i just got my rear tires today and got the wheel bearings repacked and the front end lubed.
i dont have to pack very much, i am only 45 min away.
i will be staying at a red roof inn in pontiac for monday night, so i can hang out all nite then get up and go to milan, i get the managers discount, $17.98 a night!

bradp
06-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, Brad has to do his hair, his make up, and if there is time you have that manicure appointment right:p?

Yeah I just got done with my make up so I think I have time for a complete manicure:p

slasky
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I am all done and we leave in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Leaving for the airport in 30 minutes, be there at 5:10am local time Saturday:clap:

Here's my dilema, should I race the Caddy DTS and support the event or would you guys rather not have it on the track reserved for our Mopars??

What do the folks who are going think??

glht_omni
06-20-2008, 06:51 PM
i have no problem spanking a caddy! i am trying to get a co worker to bring out his 12sec z28 for us to play with.

Turbodave
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Leaving for the airport in 30 minutes, be there at 5:10am local time Saturday:clap:

Here's my dilema, should I race the Caddy DTS and support the event or would you guys rather not have it on the track reserved for our Mopars??

Race the caddy:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Race the caddy:thumb:

+1! :thumb: If I only knew for sure which caddy you'd have before today I could have brought you some badass stabilizer Endlinks for it :evil:

Pat
06-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Race! Race! Race!

csxtra
06-20-2008, 08:40 PM

Doesn't DTS stand for DeVille Time Slips? My Vote...Spray and Race!!!:evil:

Rick
06-20-2008, 10:01 PM

Gotta go!

c-ya all there!

wooooot! arrived about 2 hrs ago! parking lot is fillin' up!

bradp
06-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Can't wait to be there..we should arrive about 3-4pm tomorrow. Save me a trailer space..LOL

Captain Chaos
06-20-2008, 10:27 PM

Ask Reaper1 what happened to our buddy when he was racing a rental Caddy. lol

slasky
06-20-2008, 10:50 PM
we just got here.

Turbodave
06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Leaving in less than 10 hrs, still working on the Shadow, seems I misplaced a few parts...

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2008, 11:56 PM
^^^ Doh!!!

Just got done playing Dakota Tetris, now time to pack the clothes, car gets loaded tomorrow am!

glht_omni
06-21-2008, 05:35 AM
i stayed up all day and finally went to sleep at 7pm, woke up late for work (midnights) said screw it, called in.
i'm 10hrs rested now, and will be there about 8-9am ready tio hang all day!!!!

DAVE: call me or i'll call you, dont sweat the missing parts, i know all the cheap junk yards around the area, we'll take care of the little things, ie. arm rests and trim.

i'l have a laptop equipped with verizon mobile broadband. if anybody needs access just look for the white hooded, chrome grilled red r/t with sdac, cometic and arp decals on both quarter glass:thumb: