PDA

View Full Version : Trade: WTT '91 Spirit R/T for turbo l-body

Tony Hanna
06-12-2008, 06:29 PM
First a little about the Spirit:
The bad: Needs dome drivers side floorboard repair, some minor body work (dents and dings, nothing major), paint, a headliner, and the 568 put back together. It's missing all the underhood ac components. The gas tank leaks if filled above 1/2 tank. It also needs the turbine housing on the HX-35 that's on it now replaced with a bullseye housing.

The good: Car runs and drives great and can be driven to it's destination and had been driven on several long trips and daily driven to work until last fall when I got the Cadillac. The only exception is that the 523 transmission that's in it now is missing the shift fork pad for 4th gear, so getting it in 4th is a little tricky. The car comes with both the 523 that's in it now, and the original 568 which is disassembled for bearing replacement (new bearings are included). The engine loses no antifreeze and exhibits no sign of head or head gasket problems. This would be a perfect car for a build-up project, a donor for a T-III conversion, or just get the transmission sorted out and drive it.:thumb:
The car is located at a friend's house in Marietta OH.

A little about what I'm looking for:
I'd like a solid good running l-body. I'd prefer an Omni, but would consider a Charger. What I'd really like though is an Omni that started life as a n/a car and was converted using SMEC electronics. In other words something that's already blow through and possibly intercooled to save me having to do the conversion myself. That's not a deal breaker though.

If anybody is interested, LMK and I'll try to get some pictures up and/or arrange for you to see the car in person and take it for a test drive.
Tony

ShelGame
06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Only interested in trades? What would you sell it for outright?

mcsvt
06-12-2008, 10:41 PM
^^Same question, no l-body to trade with.

Tony Hanna
06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
I hadn't given too much thought to selling it outright to be honest. I guess I figured if I couldn't find the right l-body to trade for, I'd keep it and start in on it once the Sundance is finished. Just going by memory though, I'd say I've got about $1500 in the car at this point.

j4278h
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
what color?

Tony Hanna
06-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Red.
I need to get some pics up, but the car is parked at a friends house in OH. I'll see if I can talk him into posting some pics to this thread sometime this weekend.

WickedShelby88
06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Marietta thats near the Indiana border kinda isn't it? I think my family went near there one to go to some caves.

Tony Hanna
06-13-2008, 01:43 PM
It's right on the OH/WV border. Right across the river from Parkersburg.

mcsvt
06-13-2008, 01:49 PM
I hadn't given too much thought to selling it outright to be honest. I guess I figured if I couldn't find the right l-body to trade for, I'd keep it and start in on it once the Sundance is finished. Just going by memory though, I'd say I've got about $1500 in the car at this point.

I definitely follow your thinking, I'd love to add an Omni to my stable...

Guess it's a bit far away for me to make an offer, but I'd think if you want to sell it out right you won't have any issues.

Tony Hanna
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I definitely follow your thinking, I'd love to add an Omni to my stable...

Guess it's a bit far away for me to make an offer, but I'd think if you want to sell it out right you won't have any issues.

What I'm really looking to do is find a turbo Omni to replace the Caddy as a daily driver. That's why I'd kind of rather have a converted na car. I'd feel bad about putting the miles on a #ed or rare car. Also, I'm starting to run low on places to park, so I really need to get rid of a vehicle before I pick up another one. That's what prompted the trade idea.:thumb:

Tony Hanna
06-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I think I may have the Spirit traded off. It's not an Omni, but I have been looking for a v8 S-10 for awhile now. I guess I'll put my old full size Chevy up for sale and alternate between the Sundance and the Caddy for daily drivers.
Another bright side to this deal is that it will get a good friend back into TMs.:thumb:

skitzo_inc
06-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Pictures?

Tony Hanna
06-27-2008, 11:47 PM
I think I may have the Spirit traded off. It's not an Omni, but I have been looking for a v8 S-10 for awhile now. I guess I'll put my old full size Chevy up for sale and alternate between the Sundance and the Caddy for daily drivers.
Another bright side to this deal is that it will get a good friend back into TMs.:thumb:

Pictures?

Sorry, I should have posted back to this thread after we finalized the deal. I traded the Spirit to John for his v8 s-10. He was kind of missing not owning a TM any more, and I've been about halfass wanting a converted s-10 for a few years now.:o

So, now once the Sundance is done, I get to restore a 1974 Yamaha DT175, then do something really evil to a little truck. I'm thinking back half it, and build an alcohol motor...:evil: