$6000

contraption22
06-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Wtf?!?!

BadAssPerformance
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Wtf?!?!

x2!?

also, does the cooler come stocked with Coronas? ;)

briceturbosports
06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Wtf?!?!

x2!?

also, does the cooler come stocked with Coronas? ;)

the cooler was changed (gone) before sdac 15

I think he hit his head :confused: or is spending to much time working on the pos vw :yuck: at work :eyebrows::banghead::faint::mecry:

contraption22
06-12-2008, 02:16 PM
I think he hit his head :confused: or is spending to much time working on the pos vw :yuck: at work :eyebrows::banghead::faint::mecry:

No! Do not turn to the Dark Side Bruce!

Next thing you know you'll be taking the spare HEP's and zip ties out of your toolbox and replace them with Phish CD's and a hackey sack!

moparzrule
06-12-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't see a link in your signature...

t3rse
06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/250238

moparzrule
06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah I found it in his profile...

mcsvt
06-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't know, talking to Bruce at one of the last meets his VW is going to be KILLER!

But I still say don't sell :)

moparzrule
06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Well I can understand here's tired of a certain project, it met his goals and now he wants to move on. But atleast keep it mopar! Come on man, VW? Thats straight up treason!

88_pacifica
06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
meh.... maybe he wants something that isn't stripped down and will be worth more when he's done? :eyebrows:

ljbprrfmof
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Well I can understand here's tired of a certain project, it met his goals and now he wants to move on. But at least keep it mopar! Come on man, VW? Thats straight up treason!

Treason? I say nay. Remember, the Omni and Horizon first came with a VW engine. Heck, the body is originally a Simca or Peugeot design that got Americanized.

I think he should find a Crosley and make a 10 second car out of it.

overlordsshadow
06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
^ Always an a$$ eh Nate?

cordes
06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
meh.... maybe he wants something that isn't stripped down and will be worth more when he's done? :eyebrows:

You let me know when you find a project car that is worth more than when you get done. Don't forget that you need to pay yourself about $10/ hour when doing this to get a fair comparison.

88_pacifica
06-12-2008, 09:24 PM
^ Always an a$$ eh Nate?

I try to fuel that fire you know... ;)

You let me know when you find a project car that is worth more than when you get done. Don't forget that you need to pay yourself about $10/ hour when doing this to get a fair comparison.

No car is EVER worth the time and money you put in it, even, dare I say, a GN. However, the rate of return would be higher based on investment, that's all. I would wager that if he "hops up" a VW TDI Golf or something, then turns to sell it, dollar to dollar it would return much more strongly. It's really not fair to compare a TD to a more mainstream car because obviously the demand will be higher for the VW... :thumb:

BF/STOCKER SPIRIT
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, TRY 9s now.lol

neonkitten63
06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
So....I must share this little story with you!

Last night Mike called me and told me that he spoke to you and then the conversation went a little like this....

Mike: "Hey I talked to Bruce today"
Ruthie: "Thats great"
Mike: "Yeah he sold his Omni"
***silence***
Ruthie: "WHAT?? Why did he do that?""
Mike: "Someone was willing to pay for it"
Ruthie: "So??? Shouldn't this be some sort of family decision??"
Mike: *laughs* "Im just kidding, he didnt sell it"

I almost had a tear form in my eye Bruce when I thought he was serious! :( Really make sure this is something you want to do!

Akromix
06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
The specs are a little vague and seem old in the cardomain link. Can you give a more detailed description of engine/transmission specs and any chassis mods? Thanks.

badandy
06-19-2008, 08:46 AM
What something is worth to somebody else only matters if you want to sell it...and should NEVER be a consideration when doing what it is YOU want to do.

badandy
06-19-2008, 08:48 AM
"Top Fuel" Bender (man, I love that knickname:eyebrows:)

...has officially gone on a bender:confused:

To quote Dave Chappell

"NAAAAW CHIP, DON'T DO IT"!

88_pacifica
06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
What something is worth to somebody else only matters if you want to sell it...and should NEVER be a consideration when doing what it is YOU want to do.

I agree totally and wholeheartedly, however IF you ever have plans of "dropping the hobby" before you die, you have to decide if you are building it SOLELY for your gratification or to possibly sell to move to other tastes/projects.... ;)

Personally, I'll die before my GN ever goes up for sale, but obviously I don't feel that way about TD's, SO, knowing this, people shouldn't be offended if their pride and joy draws nickels at the auction block. There's not a huge market for a '73 AMX or worse yet, a hopped up '78 Mustang II. :D

mech1nxh
06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Personally, I'll die before my GN ever goes up for sale,

HAHAHA,
"Careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it all, then some you don't
want".